Cardio/Weights on Same Day

CLD

Cathlete
Hello!

I was reading through your information on your new STS program, and you mention that you will be making cardio recommendations in your program However, you say that you don't recommend doing cardio and your program on the same day or, at the very least, not at the same time of day. I was curious why this is? Also, is this just for your STS program or does this pertain to exercising in general? I often combine cardio and weight programs together at the same time, and I'm curious about any repercussions there might be.

Thanks to anybody who has any information on this!! It is very much appreciated!!

Hi CLD! Because STS is so highly focused on lifting the highest amount you safely can, I prefer your cardio be done at a different time so that you are able to concentrate on this specific goal and give it your all. To combine the two is distracting from that goal, that's all. But we all have to do the program in a way that suits our lifestyle and day to day schedule so feel free to combine the two if you need to. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.