Can you help with an ipod problem?

angie_nrs

Cathlete
I was so excited to finally take the plunge and get the new 8G ipod nano. I have already taken video with it (which is a neat feature), but I can't seem to get my music loaded onto it properly. I downloaded my music from windows media player, and it has taken some of the memory on my ipod, but the ipod shows 'no music' when I try to play it.

I'm wondering if it's possible to download music directly from windows media or do I have to somehow transport it from there to itunes. Anyone know? I'm thinking it's some type of sync problem but I have no idea how to handle that.:confused::rolleyes:

I wish I wasn't such a dork when it comes to tech issues.:mad:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Angie

You have to use itunes to load an ipod. (There are a few other programs out there, but Windows Media will not work.) So you have to get your music from windows media into itunes.

From itunes help: "If the file is an unprotected WMA file and you have Windows Media Player Series 9 or later installed, iTunes makes a copy of the file and adds it to your iTunes library. The original WMA file remains unchanged. You can't add protected WMA files or protected WMV files to iTunes."

If your music is in protected wma format, it will need to be converted before your ipod can recognize it. I can't recommend a conversion program, but I'm sure there are some out there. Another way to do it would be to burn CDs in windows media player, then import them into itunes. But if you have a lot of music, that could take a long time.

If all of the music is in unprotected wma format, or in mp3 format, you just need to tell itunes where it is and it will take care of importing it. (In itunes, go to file--->add folder to library)

Hope that helps....Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.