can someone help me...

ashleyann

Cathlete
I would like to do the November Rotation and possibly get started on it if possible while I'm waiting for my new DVD's. I haven't looked at the rotation yet because I really want to be surprised by the surprise gift when I get my DVD's. Unfortunately, some people have posted on the forums without labeling their posts with "spoiler" and have given to much information regarding the surprise gift. I think I pretty much know what it is now but, I DON"T know for sure and I'd like to keep it that way. So, could somebody let me know what the first couple of days of the rotation looks like w/o spoiling the surprise?
Thanks in advance,
Ashley :7

Here's the first week for you w/o spoiling anything ;) Hope this gives you a taste!

WEEK ONE:

Mon: Body Max 2 (BM2)
Tues: 20 minute run and segment one stretch max
Wed: Low Impact Circuit (LIC)
Thurs: 20 minute run and bonus Abs from Butts and Guts
Fri: Drill Max
Sat: off
Sun: Butt's and Guts (B&G)

Debbie

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
--Ellen Degeneres

Thanks alot, Debbie. I did Body Max 1 today just to get me ready to try the new Body Max. I think I might wait to really start the rotation until I get the DVD's. I'm just sooooo excited!

Ashley

Well crap. I didn't look at the Nov Rotation for the same reason, but had every intention of doing it. I probably won't if it has those danged 20 min runs in it. I hate to run outside in the cold and don't have a treadmill. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Robin - it's easy to sub the 20 minute runs - anything that's all cardio will work. Do a step only premix from one of the IMax's or do 3-4 of the intervals. I like the RS Challenge followed by the Step Blast challenge - or do the medium and high intensity drills from KPC. I go the other way - I like to run, and I've been doing the Jan '06 rotation, so I sub a run for the add on workouts. Either way is fine.

Thanks Christine, I know I can substitute, but I just hate to. It just doesn't seem like I'm doing the rotation if I'm not following it to a tee. Crazy, huh?

No Robin, that's not crazy. I'm the same way. I wouldn't mind running if I had a treadmill but right now that is not an option as I just don't have anywhere to put one! I don't want to run in my neighborhood. Mostly it's OK, it's just very busy, and the neighborhood right next to ours isn't so great. I actually had a man pull up next to me when I was walking one day (he was in a car) and first he asked me if I needed a ride, I said NO thankyou and then he asked if I get high!! Ever since that little episode walking or running outside by myself in the area we live in is completely out of the question. But like you, Robin, if Cathe's rotation says "run" than I feel like I am not getting the full benefits from the rotation if I don't run.

Ashley

No, not crazy... I struggle with that, too. I'm afraid I'm not getting the benefit completely if I sub different things. So, I do understand.

If this helps the non-runners at all, I'm pretty sure Cathe put those runs in this rotation primarily because this rotation ONLY uses the new workouts, so she needed to add some supplementary cardio. I don't think the running per se is meant to give you additional gains. I agree that there are some rotations where it is more critical to the success of the rotation to do the runs, but I don't think that that is the case with this one.

I like to run, and would do the runs, but winter just struck with a mighty force here, and I have no intention of running in the snow. When I get my workouts, I'll be doing the rotation and subbing the runs.

Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.