Callanetics

Hello Edie,

I have done Callanetics years ago with the original Callan Pickney videos. I really really like this workout because it gave you a very deep stretch that was much more intense than Cathe's Stetch Max but much simpler to do than yoga (no difficult poses). Unfortunately, I sold my video tape when I moved over to DVDs. I regret giving this away (I sold it for very cheap) as I now that my workouts are more intense it would be a perfect compliment.

Yen

Hello Edie,

I have done Callanetics years ago with the original Callan Pickney videos. I really really like this workout because it gave you a very deep stretch that was much more intense than Cathe's Stetch Max but much simpler to do than yoga (no difficult poses). Unfortunately, I sold my video tape when I moved over to DVDs. I regret giving this away (I sold it for very cheap) as I now that my workouts are more intense it would be a perfect compliment.

Yen

I haven't done Callanetics, but I've heard the Squeeze video (which is so much fun and a great workout!) compared to Callanetics a lot. From what I've heard, Squeeze has been called "the new Callanetics." You might want to look into Squeeze, too, if you don't already have it.

HTH!
Leanne

I haven't done Callanetics, but I've heard the Squeeze video (which is so much fun and a great workout!) compared to Callanetics a lot. From what I've heard, Squeeze has been called "the new Callanetics." You might want to look into Squeeze, too, if you don't already have it.

HTH!
Leanne

I did the original with Callan way back in the 80s. She drove me nuts. I remember lots of very little, tiny controlled moves based on the "dog lift" sort of thing.

I did the original with Callan way back in the 80s. She drove me nuts. I remember lots of very little, tiny controlled moves based on the "dog lift" sort of thing.

I originally purchased thae original callanetics program when it came out and the best one to buy is "Super Calenectics". Out of all the tapes that I have had over the years this is the only one that is still challenging and I am not tired of. I have alot of the Firm videos that I do not use now because I am tired of them. The main focus if the lower body and abdominals. I have not seen the newer programs yet, but I have recently purchased the Squeeze program. Even though is is somewhat similar and also a good workout, to me it is not same. I find that when I add Calenetics to my program it gives me a lifted and toned behind and strong abs.It complements other weight training and cardio activities, I have almost every Cathe tapes she has made. If you can get past the outdated body suits that they are wearing and some people have said they do not like the music ( I think it is OK) I think you well like the results that this workout can give you. So that is my thought.

CArol Berube

Edie,

What are the reasons for your interest in Callenetics? I don't want to advise you to buy it unless you know why you want to use it. Other posters on here have given their comments and, as they say, it is very slow, lots of little pulses workout. You will need a ballet bar or something high for leg stretches.

I checked out the link you sent me and I am not sure about the DVD as I don't think that I used that one. The one I used was a one hour program. I heard the Super Callenetics is for advanced exercisers. People say always start at the beginning, but I don't think it is that difficult to jump right in at the advanced level.

I must admit that I never saw the results they promised in the workout, but that was because I was not doing cardio exercises to lose the fat. It gave me good flexibility in my legs and even today I can do the splits quite easily.

Yen

Hi Yen -

Thanks for you reply. My interest in Callanetics is for fitness variety to help tighten the tush and abs and for flexibility. And I do have the fluidity bar.

I do a mix of heavy Cathe weights, splits and full body workouts, I love step aerobics and also do some kickboxing, and I just got my Bosu and Bosu workouts. But to balance all the hardcore stuff, I also do yoga regularly, and some iballet or lotte berk and Classical Stretch.

I find it fun to choose my fitness workouts according to my moods and energy levels. So I'm just wanting to add Callanetics to my library, and use periodically in a rotation or sporatically as it suits my body's moods. edie

Annette Bethel

I tried a few callanetics, the stretches are good,but it is just not for me. I have a few for sale listed on Firm yaya's. Annette

I love callanetics. It's hard to fit it in with Cathe workouts, but it is doable. Enjoy it, they are great workouts, you won't be sorry. They might be dated but for me it's just as good as the "Squeeze" or "Lotte Bert Method" which I own and you can use your furniture around the house instead of a bar. It's based on the same method. (Callan will show you how.)

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.