Buff Badgers Week of July 19th

heartymax

Cathlete
Hi Brenda. I figured I would start the check in today. Would you like to just make the check in continous for a while instead of weekly? I know there are various methods on the forum. What are your thoughts.

Saturday was 30 minutes of cardio fusion followed by 20 minutes of elliptical cardio. Today (Sunday ) was lower body blast (no floor work) followed by about 10 minutes of core from Horizontal Conditioning. I guess my body will be on fire tomorrow. I plan to continue with Xtrain this week. I like how I did the splits and then the entire upper body premix later allowing me to hit the muscle groups twice.

It is very hot today. Just trying to stay cool.

Today was Xtrain Burnsets for chest, back and shoulders followed by 30 minutes of cardio from Low Impact Circuit and 10 minutes of elliptical cardio and stretch. Great workout for me.

I want to try to follow the same routine as last week with a double workout on Monday. I really love the Michael Jackson music in LIC.

I work two days during my summer break and I am on for Tuesday and Wednesday.

It's supposed to be a little cooler today and I am thankful. Just finished Cardio Leg Blast followed by planks and pushups.

Wow... you go girl.. you are on a roll with the workouts. Awesome!! Cardio Fusion.. I always liked that one and haven't done it in such a long time.

I'm totally fine with making the check in continuous for a while. We could just start one that says Buff Badgers and leave it at that. I've looked at some others and they've gone on for a really super long time.

As for my workouts... Saturday I did legs & glutes (an oldie that I haven't done in forever) and then I had my Saturday shape up class. Sunday was a no workout day... not going to call it a rest day because that it was not. Saturday afternoon and Sunday DH and I were digging up trees and replanting them elsewhere on our land and then we had to clean up our mess. DH cut grass Sunday morning so I wanted to get the trimming done so I did that in the afternoon. Monday was my kickboxing class. This morning I did another oldie that I haven't done in a super long time... Muscle Max. I skipped the abs since I did those last night. I'm going to change my routine for a while and do some total body workouts a couple days and do my normal 3 days of cardio and maybe one day of circuit or metabolic workout. Haven't quite figured it out yet. Want to do some older workouts that I haven't done in a while. I always enjoyed CrossFire.

Have a great day!
Brenda

I will agree that Sunday was not a rest day. We will just call it YardMax LOL.

Once I started doing split workouts I find that I rarely do total body. I have to remind myself to switch up my routine a little too. I almost never do circuit workouts which I am sure would shake things up a bit. Like I said I am doing Xtrain Burnsets for 2 weeks and then I plan to switch to something else. ..not sure what yet.

Today was Burnsets for biceps and triceps and part of core 1. I did tricep dips off the step in lieu of tricep pushups. I also do overhead tricep extensions in place of the band exercise at the end. I think I got a better burn in the triceps today than I did last week.

I agree that some of the check ins go on for a while. Maybe we can do it by the month instead of week. Just throwing it out as a suggestion. Either way ---we will still check in. I need some accountability right now.

I love it.. YardMax!!

I know what you mean. I really enjoy doing split workouts but because I've been doing them for so long, I wanted to change things up a bit.

I do have to say though, this morning I crawled back into bed and got a little more sleep. I think YardMax caught up with me. I took one look at myself in the mirror and I looked so tired with big bags under my eyes. I'm glad that I did cause the little extra sleep made me feel better and not look so tired.

We were definitely thinking the same. I was thinking of doing it by month as well. So we can keep this one going through next week and then the beginning of August, lets just do one for the month of August. Sounds good to me.

Good Morning!

Pulled out another oldie this morning Muscle Endurance. What is there about 100 leg presses in that workout. Yeh, I think the glutes will be feeling it. That's okay. Taking that extra day paid off. Body felt better this morning.

Make it a great day!
Brenda

I love Muscle Endurance and it's tough. I purchased the ME/Bootcamp on my RT a few years ago. Hmmm... I think I need to put it on my to do list. It's funny how we forget about some of tge oldies. Glad you listenedto your body and took a rest day yesterday. Resting gives us the energy we need for the next day.

Today was RWH Low Impact Hiit One and Two.

Good Morning and Happy Friday!!

I feel very accomplished this morning. I did Intensity. I haven't done that in I can't tell you how long. I did have to take a some extra breaks here and there but not nearly as bad as I was expecting. I did it!! It was hard but I felt so accomplished when I was done. :D

I like RWH LIHiiT. The one without the weights.... some of those moves, I can't believe how fast they move. For the most part I keep up with them but there are times I'm a few steps behind. I'm okay with that as long as I getter done.

Have a wonderful weekend. Plan on going to see Kip Moore Saturday night at the Washington County Fair by us. Looking forward to that.

I decided on Muscle Endurance today. Why put off for Monday what I can today:). Wanted to go ahead and start the total body workouts today. It was so much fun because I haven't done it in a while.

I actually sat down to write down an idea of how to mix things up a little over the next few months. I will see how it goes but hopefully you will notice that I change things up every two weeks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.