Buff Badgers Month of October

heartymax

Cathlete
Figured I would start the check in even though I don't have any workouts to report. I slipped in the rain a few days ago and sprained my foot. Ended up at the doctor and now in a boot and on crutches. It's better and I hope to be off the crutches in a few more days.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Good Morning!

Gosh October already. Where does the time go.

Sorry to hear that you slipped and sprained your foot. Hope it heals quickly.

Saturday I had my Tabata Bootcamp class which went well. Sunday was my rest day. Monday night I had my kickboxing class and this morning I did #treadlift chest & triceps which went well.

Take care of that foot. :)

Good Morning!

Today was #treadlift leg day. I'm on week 4 and liking it. This week I change up the exercises for legs and shoulders. I can tell you right now that if my legs and butt are not sore from today's workout, I'll be completely shocked. I wasn't sure I was going to get through it and I did. Legs were spent though.

Hope things are going well for you. How's the foot doing?

Good Morning!

My legs survived yesterday... so far anyway. They are sore but not as sore as I was expecting. DOMS still have time to rear its ugly head. :confused:

This morning in #treadlift was back, biceps, abs. I add bicep curls to this one. The only bicep work you get in this one is from the bent over row. I like truly working my biceps. :) Had a good workout.

I took off the boot and no crutches today. I tried to stay off my feet as much as possible and I got through the day just fine. I am going to take it easy as not to re-injure it.

You are doing great with your workouts.

Happy Friday!!

Today was shoulders. The exercises for today changed. Shoulders were spent by the time I got to round 4. We'll see how they feel tomorrow. Legs are still feeling Weds workout.

Glad to hear you foot is doing better. Take it easy and let it heal.

Have a wonderful weekend!

I definitely want the foot to heal. I don't plan to workout this week. I am tempted to do upper body strength but I know the pressure and balancing of my feet doesn't make that a good idea. I will see how it feels the end of week.

Good Morning!

Saturday had my Tabata Bootcamp class which was small but went well. Sunday was my no workout day. Monday night I had my kickboxing class and this morning I started week 5 of #treadlift with chest and triceps.

You don't want to do anything that's going to aggravate your foot. Hope it's heading in the right direction and healing.

Good Morning!

Today was leg day of #treadlift and I was not up for it. I gotter done though. Granted the lack of sleep last night did not help any. We'll see how many days my legs are sore this week. ;) I do have to say though I am really enjoying this #treadlift workout. I love the 10 min of intense cardio and then 20 min of intense lifting. Have plenty of time for a nice long stretch.

Hope all is well!

Good Morning!

Today of #treadlift was back, biceps, and abs. This week those exercises got changed up. In this one I do renegade rows which is a push-up and then one-arm row on one side and then the other in the plank position. They are tough. I was normally doing 20's when I did those but today I bumped it up to 25 to see how I would do and it was tough but was able to do. That felt accomplishing. :) You know me, always love working biceps.

How is your foot doing? I hope it's getting better each day.

Happy Friday!!

This morning I finished the week off with shoulders. I love the 10 min cardio blast on the elliptical and then heavy weights for 20 min. This week has felt harder than normal. Not sure why.

Oh I forget to tell you.. I got my books for my class Precision Nutrition Level 1 certification. I promised myself I was going to finish a webinar that I started before I get into this. Need to get that done.

Have a wonderful weekend!

I came down with something over weekend. Chills and not eating much. I had class all day Saturday and near the end I was not feeling well. Went to bed around 7 and literally slept all night and stayed in bed all day Sunday. I dragged myself to work but crawled in bed afterwards.

As for my foot, it's better but it's not back to normal. As you know I already let go mostly of Cathe step and was using elliptical for cardio because of my foot and now this. One thing I know is I have to give it time to heal cause I don't want to make it worse.

Good Morning!

Sorry to hear you were not feeling well over the weekend. Hope you're feeling better though. Yes, give that foot the time it needs to heal.

Saturday had my Tabata Bootcamp class, Sunday was my no workout day. Last night I had my kickboxing class which even kicked my butt. This morning I did #treadlift week 6 chest & tri's. Had a pretty good workout.

Get yourself better all the way around. :)

Good Morning!

Today is my Friday!! I'm on vacation the next couple of days and I can't wait.

This morning was legs. My love/hate relationship with legs continues. I always wonder if it ever gets easier.

Hope you're feeling better.

Brenda

Hope you are enjoying your vacation. I am still recovering from whatever sickness. I went to work each day last week and crawled in bed after work. Had evening chills and headache. No cough. No diarrhea so not sure what was going on. I stayed in bed all weekend and was planning to see doctor if I didn't feel better by Monday. Well, Monday was good but I had to go to store after work and then take my son to an audition. That set me back. DH has been doing so much as I practically went from foot recovery to being sick and I wanted to give him a break.

I am also taking this class and fortunately it did not meet last weekend. I have a paper due on Saturday for the last class so I have to find the time to do that assignment.

Just wanted to check in. I never intended to be down this long.

Good Morning!

So sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Gosh it seems like it's been one thing after another. Hopefully it'll be a little less hectic after your last class on Saturday. Between your foot and not feeling well, I hope you're doing better.

I very much enjoyed my days off of work. Kept myself busy. Our wedding anniversary was on Sunday so Saturday we did a couples massage which was awesome. Saturday morning I had my Tabata bootcamp class. Last night was my kickboxing class. This morning I did #treadlift week 7 chest and triceps. Over the weekend I did do a webinar I signed up on glutes and low back pain. I finished that and took the exam for it. Now I need to start on my Precision Nutrition Certification. I'm going to try my hardest to spend at least a 1/2 hr tonight focusing on it.

On a completely different note, we adopted two male kittens Thursday night. They are about 8-9 weeks old. Keep forgetting to look at their papers to see exactly when they were born. We have a gray one who we named Devil and a black one who we named Rocky. Their names fit their personalities. They are from the same litter which is what we wanted. We drove almost 2 hrs to get them but it was so worth it. Love having them. They are so stickin cute.

Hang in there and I hope things get better soon for you. :)

Good Morning!

Today was leg day. Did different exercises today. Deadlift (which this deadlift to me is like a squat), single leg squats (which I'm not good at), squat jumps, and switch jumps. I did my 10min of interval training on the elliptical and 10 reps of each exercise for 4 rounds. I definitely need to work on my single leg squats. The balance and strength isn't there.

Got in a little reading this morning on my PN class. Only about 20 min but I figure it's better than nothing. ;)

Hope all is well!

Brenda

I finally went to the doctor this morning after coming to terms with the fact that I really wasn't getting better. My head was hurting so bad and my fever was up to 102. They did a lot of lab work with speculation that I have some type of infection so started me on an antibiotic. I will be home from work the rest of the week.

I have been feeling absolutely horrible. They gave me a shot to get some immediate relief for my headache. I sure hope next week brings brighter days.

Happy anniversary and congratulations on your new kittens. Love the name Rocky.

I hope you start feeling better soon. Glad you broke down and went to the doctor. Hopefully you'll get some real good rest the next couple of day and then with some meds, you'll start feeling better. What a bummer. :(

Today was my 10 min interval training on the elliptical followed with back, biceps, and core.

Feel better!!!

Good Morning and Happy Friday!!

This morning was #treadlift (I should call it elliptilift ;)), followed by shoulders.

My little boys have been waking us up at 1-2am playing with each other or attacking our feet. I've been tired the last couple of days, worse than normal. They were naughty this morning, they knocked over one of my plants sitting on an end table and got dirt all over my carpet. I need to kitty proof the house I guess. So hard to stay mad at them when they are so darn cute.

Have a wonderful weekend and hopefully you are on the continued road to wellness. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.