Buff Badgers - Month of August

mbmundt

Cathlete
Good Morning!
Can you believe it is August 1st. Where has the summer gone.

Saturday I had my Tabata Bootcamp class which went well. With not working out while I was on vacation, it was a tough class for me with working out and talking. I did it. Sunday was no workout. Today I started a 20 day challenge will Jill Coleman. JillFit.com. She gives you workouts for 20 days for 20 minutes. You have to give it everything for those 20 min. You log into Instagram and post what day workout it is and then say something about the workout. I've never posted anything on Instagram so we'll see how that works. Hopefully it'll be easy enough to figure out. I was a sweaty mess after 20 minutes. I did my own warm-up and did some of Cathe's STS extended stretch afterwards. Todays workout was 15 db rows, 10 burpees, 10 push-ups w/row, 5 sets of rows in a plank position, 10 new jacks (which is like a plyo jack). 15 front swings, 1 minute of push-ups. Then you repeat this as many times as you can for 20 min. It's rest based training so you rest when you need to and get back into it when you can. Loved that it was short and intense.

That's awesome that they have those extra days before school starts for the kids. Give them time to get familiar with things and people.

Have a great day!
Brenda

I can't believe it's August already. I didn't check in yesterday and so glad you remembered it was August and started a new thread. I would not have remembered this time.

Yesterday was 45 minutes of elliptical cardio and I am headed downstairs today and the plan is Xtrain.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Today was a leg workout for this #20x20challenge. Consisted of squats, pulsing squats, squat jumps, new jacks - did 4 rounds of this. The next round was walking lunges, static lunges, deadlifts, and split jumps and did 3-4 rounds of that too. So we'll see how my legs feel later today and tomorrow. I need to figure out how to post on Instagram so I can truly participate in this challenge.

Love XTrain. Hope you had a great workout!!

Today's 20 min challenge was cardio. I went with the elliptical. Well.. OMG that was an intense 20 min. I've never done anything like that before on the elliptical. Went fast though. So I did a minute warm up. Then jacked up the resistance to a 6 for 2 min., 7 for 2min, 8 for 2 min, 9 for 2 min, 10 for 2 min., then 11 for a min push, down to 6 for recovery, level 12 for the push for a min, down to 5 for recover, then it was level 13 push, level 4 recover, level 14 push, level 3 recover, level 15 push, level 2 recover and 1 min cool down. Wow.. talk about getting you out of breath quick. It was hard and intense for 20 min and then I finished it off with the STS Extended stretch. Kind of liking these 20min intense workouts because it gives me more time to do more stretching which I really need.

Good Morning!

This mornings challenge was upper body. Chest Press, chest fly with crunch, squat with shoulder press, squat/bicep curl (while in the squat position) did that for 10 minutes, finished with 1 min squat jumps. Round 2 was db row w/rear delt fly, DB rows in a plank, bicep curl & shoulder press (each time increased the # of shoulder presses until I got to 5 and started back at 1), and then tricep dips. Did that for 10 minutes. Finished the workout off with a nice stretch.

Happy Friday!

Day #5 for the 20x20 challenge. Today was lunges w/dumbbell row, push-ups w/row, squats w/shoulder press, and squat w/bicep curl (in squat position). Did 10 reps each for 5 sets and pushed myself and rested when I needed to. Finished with 1 minute of planks going in down, down, up, and up, up. Are you on Instagram at all? I post the days of my challenge with a pic and say a little something about the workout. The workouts that I did this week, I do next week as well and then I believe we get different exercises for the last 10 days.

Have a great weekend!

Good Morning!

Had a very productive and fun weekend. Got done everything I wanted to get done and we Sunday afternoon we celebrated No No's Restaurants 30th Anniversary in business. It was a fun afternoon yesterday. Long day though. Didn't sleep the greatest last night either.

Saturday was my Tabata Bootcamp class which went well. This morning I did Day 6 of my challenge which was the full body monster circuit. Felt harder with the lack of sleep. I pulled it off. :)

Today was Lower Body. Increased the weight by 5lbs on the squats. The static lunges felt really hard. I pushed through it and accomplished it!!

Good Morning!

Today as day 8 of my 20x20 challenge. I did the elliptical today with the crazy resistance levels. Level 15 certainly didn't get any easier.

Hope all is well.

I did not check in a couple of days last week and then we left Friday morning to take DS to college. It was a 14 hour drive so left very early. He is settled in and things went smoothly for the move in.

We spent a few days in Gaitlinburg Tennessee on the way back for a mini vacation with our youngest son. It was fun and he enjoyed the Great Smokey Mountains.

It is back to work now. I got in RWH back, shoulders and Biceps this morning.

This challenge you are doing sounds like tough fun love, especially the elliptical challenge.

Good morning. Got in AOLH this morning. I see Cathe is working on a new series. I have not looked at it yet.

Happy Weekend.

40 minutes of elliptical cardio followed by 30 squats with light weights.

It was soooo hot yesterday. The heat was getting to me just trying to bring a few bags of grocery in the house.

I did Flex Train today.

Good Morning!

Sorry, I've been out of commission the last few days. Thursday was Day 9 and did the chest press, chest fly w/crunch, squat w/shoulder press, squat w/bicep curl on low end and whatever else was in there. Thursday morning on my way into work I had slowed down to avoid a turkey in the middle of the road and some young guy with a Ford pick-up truck rear ended me. I have an abrasion on my forehead and muscles are sore. The worst of it is in my neck. I've been trying to do everything I can to help it get better faster. I think it paid off. Due to the accident I didn't workout Friday at all. I was completely wiped out. Saturday I had the Dirty Girl 5K Mud Run. I didn't run, I walked and I skipped one obstacle that looked like it was going to jar me too much so I walked around it and watched my friends come down it. They said it was a good thing I didn't do it. Sunday felt better so I did manage to get in my day 10 challenge. Did some stuff in the morning and in the afternoon, I decided to rest and I sat out on our patio.

This morning was the start of the 2nd half of the challenge. These next 10 days are different exercises (same exercise for each week). Today was shoulder & stairs (or burpees). I can't really use the stairs in my house without waking my husband up. I did burpees to improvise. I made it work.

Glad DS is all settled in and that you guys got to take a mini vacation before coming back home.

Yes, I saw that Cathe is coming out with a new series. One she tells us more about it, I think I'll probably be adding that to my collection.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Take it easy with that neck pain.

I decided to pull out one of my Insanity workouts today. I did the Plyo metric Circuit.

Good Morning!!

Today was day 12 of the challenge and I had squat lunge madness. That it was indeed. For the first 10 minutes I did 12 squats, 8 forward lunges (8 each side), 12 squat jumps, and 6 new jacks (in & out is 1) and on the squats and lunges use a challenging weight. Then for the 2 10 min I did step up w/knee step back down into a back lunge holding weights (8 on each leg), 12 walking lunges (R&L=1), and then 8 each leg split jump lunges. Each 10 minutes I did as many rounds as I could. I was dripping with sweat and legs were shaking like Elmo. :p

Way to go on getting out Insanity. I haven't pulled out Insanity for a really long time. Good for you!!

Good Morning!

Today was my so called cardio do where I did the craziness on the elliptical. It's funny how at first 6 seems hard until you get up to 10 and then go back down to 6 and 6 doesn't seem so hard then. :) Felt really hard on the legs after yesterdays workout and I kept telling myself during those pushes that "you an do anything for a minute". ;) Cathe was talking to me.

DH met with the adjustor yesterday so we'll see what number they are going to throw at us for the car. The adjustor couldn't believe the damage that was done.

Make it a great day!!

Today was day 14 of the 20x20 challenge. I had lower body & shoulders. For the lower body I had 12 squats, bench step ups (6 each leg), and 12 bench jumps. Did as many rounds as I could in 10 min. Finished the 10 min with 1 min of squat jumps. The shoulders circuit was 8 pull ups (used my tower), 12 bent over rows, 6 close grip push-ups, and 12 regular push-ups (knees or toes and had to get chest down to the floor). For the bench jumps, I had 4 risers on each side (that's all the risers I have). I never felt real comfortable jumping with that many risers after I had surgery. Never felt like I had the power in my legs. I did it this morning and surprised myself. :p

Hope all is going well.

What do you follow for the challenges? Do you have pictures or a video. Just curious. Sounds really tough. Are the in and out jacks like the frog style jacks..just trying to envision the move.

Elliptical cardio today. Going to a surprise birthday party for a friend tomorrow. One more week before kiddos start school. DS 14 is going to high school and I am nervous.

Good Morning!

Today was day 15 upper body & plyometrics. Didn't have my A game on this morning so things felt harder than normal. I pushed and did the best I could and gotter done. ;) For the 1st 10 days we got an email with a link to the website where we could follow the video or download it or print off a pdf of the exercises to do. I tried going with the video and it just didn't work for me. There would be times that it had to think and that would hold things up and then I didn't like her constantly counting down. Her voice is a little higher pitched and just couldn't deal with it at 3:30am. I like following the pdf and listening to my own music. The in and out jacks are more like what Cathe calls Plyo jacks. Next week is the last week of the challenge. Then I'll probably go back to Cathe for a while. I do have to say, I do like the intense 20 min. What I do miss though is the variation of exercises.

Oh gosh.. DS14 is starting high school. Still can't believe the summer is coming to an end and the kids are heading back to school.

Have fun at the surprise bday party for your friend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.