Buff Badgers Month of August

heartymax

Cathlete
Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I have a cousin who is in town to observe at an area shock and trauma medical center. She will be spending most days at my brother's house since he is closer to the hospital but she is with us for the weekend. Always nice to see family.

Today was GS chest and triceps followed by RWH Plyo Hiit Two. I did two sets of pushups on my toes and test on my knees. I just wanted to make sure I did all of them. My chest was on fire by the time I finished the presses. I had to do a single count instead of a two count. Ouch.

Good Morning!
Saturday morning I did Yoga relax and then my Saturday class. Then after class I had to get cleaned up and head to my grandma's funeral. Got done with that about 1:30 or so. I'm going to miss her dearly. Sunday was a no workout day for me. Cleaned my parents house in the morning. Ran some errands with DH and then got my lunch ready for Monday and got my kitchen cleaned up. Headed back by my parents in the afternoon for a little while as it was my mom's birthday. My workout yesterday was my kickboxing class. This morning I did XTrain Burn Sets Chest, Back, and shoulders.

Wow.. do RWH Plyo Hiit 2 after GS. You go girl!! All those push ups are a killer. I think 3 times I have been able to do all of them on my toes otherwise some point through them I end up going to my knees. Intensity it a good calorie burner (at least for me any way).

Have a great day!
Brenda

Today was my first day back at work and I didn't get a chance to post earlier. This morning was GS back, shoulders and biceps.

Did you order ICE? I didn't. I also didn't order the series before RWH. I think that's the one with Flex Train. I just plan to use the workouts that I have now. I may treat myself to a new DVD for Christmas or maybe sooner but definitely not an entire series.

Just finished 45 minutes of elliptical cardio while I watched Party Rockin Step 1. That disc will continue to collect dust. It is ridiculous complicated and so many people complain about it. I am so glad that I tried PR 2 first when I got those as I would have been so discouraged.

Yesterday I made a cauliflower version of baked macaroni and cheese. It was delicious. I have been using cauliflower instead of homemade mash potatoes this year and that seems to go over well with DH. I also made an egg plant parmesan dish. It was layered. I like egg plant but have not managed to cook it great yet. DS 13 liked the egg plant. I think I will not layer it next time because I thought it was too saucy. I will try a slightly different recipe. I love pinterest.

Good Morning!
Today I did HiiT 30/30 and RWH Low Impact HiiT 2. I've learned that my left hip likes mountain climbers with the discs better than without.

I did order ICE. Flex Train was before RWH. I believe Flex Train came with the Lean Legs & abs, party rockin steps, great glutes, that group. Which reminds me I never even looked at either of the Party Rockin Step workouts. I did hear one is more complicated than the other. I haven't even done great glutes yet. Heck I haven't even done Step Moves yet. I really like Flex Train.

I've never tried cauliflower instead of the homemade mashed potatoes. I heard it was good though. I've tried making egg plant once and failed miserably at it. I like Pinterest too but don't have much time to spend on it.

Enjoy your day!
Brenda

Good Morning!

This morning was XTrain Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's.

These past couple weeks have been emotionally draining with loved ones and people I know passing away. Monday I get into work and find out that one of my co-workers BIL passed away on Sunday and it turned out to be someone I knew and went to high school with. He had cancer and it went into his liver. They put him in hospice on Saturday and Sunday he passed away. Then yesterday at work our maintenance manager had a heart attack Tuesday night and died. I need some exciting, good news. I don't know if I can handle any more bad news.

Make it a great day!
Brenda

Sending a big hug. I understand how you feel. While we were away in GA, my husband's brother in law died after battling cancer and his cousin was found dead at home the next day of an apparent heart attack. One of my former students died recently and I am going to her funeral tomorrow. She has a heart transplant two years ago and experience other medical issues. She was just 24 years old. Her mom also worked at the school when I was there so I knew the family well. So sad.

No workout for me today. I was very tired and needed some extra sleep.

Today was leg day. I opted for standing portion only of Gym Style Legs followed by 30 minutes of elliptical cardio.

I going to my former students funeral today. Need to start back to school shopping this weekend.

DS 17 has decided not to play football his senior year. He hopes to get a part time job. He was a little late applying so hoping once the college students headed out something will come open ---if not maybe by the holidays.

I heard Flex Train was really good. It is on my wish list for future purchase.

Happy Friday!

This morning I did Cardio Coach Press Play on the elliptical. I did 4 out of the 5 challenges. Doing all 5 runs over the amount of time I have in the AM to workout. Had a great sweat fest going on so it was all good.

Hugs right back at you! Sorry to hear about all the losses. So sad.

I'm not a hug fan of leg floor work, mainly because I have a hard time with it. I can't believe its time to start back to school shopping.

Have a great weekend!
Brenda

Happy Saturday.

I don't like leg floor work either:).

Today was 45 minutes of elliptical cardio followed by 10 minutes of Horizontal Conditioning abs. HC is tough.

Got in some shopping for the boys yesterday. They didn't find much but at least it's a start. I plan to head back out today since tax free start today.

Toda was supposed to be GS chest and triceps but I knew I was not in the mood for those darn pushups so I chose Plyo Hiit Two and 30 minutes of elliptical cardio for a great workout.

It's Monday again so soon.

Today was GS Chest and triceps. I took a 45-60 seconds rest between the drop set pushups so I could get them in on my toes. Tough but made it.

Good Morning!
Way to go on all those push ups!!! That definitely is tough. I haven't done any HC in quite a while. It is tough.

Saturday I had by class. Sunday was a no workout day but did yard work the majority of the day. Last night I had my kickboxing class. This morning I did RWH Chest, Shoulders, and Tri's. That is a tough workout. I admire Cathe in being able to do the double arm over head extensions with a 35# db. I can only do 25. I think my muscles will be talking to me tomorrow. :p

I took a rest day yesterday. I got dressed and just had to admit I was to sluggish ---TTOM. I decided to just rest.

Today was Tabatacise.

I had thought about Tabatacise this morning but went with To The Max instead and that still kicked my butt. I haven't done that one in a really, really long time. I surprised myself. I haven't jumped up on top of 3 risers since well before I had surgery and I was able to do it. I know I have lost some of that power in my legs but hopefully gradually getting some of it back.

Make it a Great Day!
Brenda

Good Morning!

This morning I did RWH Back, Delts, bi's. Had pretty good strength.

I only had two people that signed up for my kickboxing class this 4 week bout and I got an email yesterday that the new gal was dropping out. She has shoulder issues and apparently she was feeling it afterwards from the punches so she dropped out. That left me with one person who didn't show up the 1st session so I told the Recreation supervisor to cancel the class until the next 4 week sessions and hopefully I'll get more people then. This is really discouraging. Between this and other stuff going on in my life, I'm having a really hard time trying to stay upbeat and positive. DH majority of the time looks at the negative side of things and is pessimistic. I try to be upbeat and positive for the both of us but its really wearing me down. Enough of the pitty party.....deep breath and move on. :)

Good Morning and Happy Friday!!

This morning I did Cardio Coach 5. Major sweat fest. Tonight after work I have an interview at the Hartford Rec Center for either a Personal Trainer and/or Group Instructor. We'll see what happens. Tomorrow my sisters and I are volunteering for the Dirty Girl 5K mud run. Then after we are done volunteering we are doing the event. Since we volunteered we get to do it for free. Looking forward to it. It should be a fun day. I took vacation days Monday and Tuesday so it'll be nice to have a 4 day weekend.

Have a wonderful weekend!

I took a rest day Friday. Got in 45 minutes of elliptical cardio this morning.

Hope your interview went well. I have never done a mud run. A colleague did one recently. She said it was challenging but had a blast.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.