Buff Badgers Month of April

heartymax

Cathlete
It's another chilly weekend.

Just finished 40 minutes on the elliptical for my Saturday morning workout. I added on a variety of ab work.

I am seriously thinking about doing STS again.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We had some very high winds last night. I have not been outside but I sure hope we don't have any minor damage such as missing shutters or loose siding to the house.

I got in 30 minutes on the elliptical followed by segments from the standing glutes and abs premix from Butts and Guts for another 30 minutes.

DH did a check and we lost a shutter from the winds.

I did chest, shoulders and Biceps from Meso 1. My shoulder is not 100% so I did some of the pushup off the stability ball and skipped some. I read on the forum to try using ball to take some of the pressure off. I did chest presses instead of chest fly also. The fly bothers by shoulders on a good day. Maybe it's my form. Hopefully the endurance won't bother me too much.

Good Morning!

Saturday I had my Tabata Bootcamp class. It was a small class I was missing a bunch of people due to vacations. The weather was very strange on Saturday. It would snow really bad and then all of a sudden it would stop and the sun would come out. It did that all day. Later on the winds picked up. Yesterday afternoon was pretty nice out. Went for a walk, it was very refreshing. This morning I did Metabolic Prime Workout A & the burnout session, followed with 20 min on the elliptical to cool down.

I've done STS about 4 times. Love it!! Glad you modified to accommodate your shoulder. Don't want to make it any worse. How often have you done Butts & Guts as created. I think I've done it once or twice. Was not one of my favs. I do the ab part in there though.

Have a great Monday!

I can say it has been very few times that I have used B&G as created. I used to do standing legs only and the first time I did STS I added on the ab sections from B& G for weeks. As I age, heavy leg work is not my friend. That's why I tried to incorporate some walking lunges last week.

I have to admit that I loved the results that I got the first time from STS. I have only done all 3 cycles in its entirety once maybe twice. I can't remember. I just like to add some of it every now and then.

Today was elliptical cardio.

Good Morning!

Today was 5 miles on the elliptical and the STS Extended Stretch.

I agree with you on the legs. The older I get, leg work feels harder. Before my OA got real bad my legs were pretty strong and I felt like I was doing good. Trying to stay heavy with OA was very difficult. Even now a year after hip surgery I still stay away from heavy leg work. It's too much on my legs and takes too long to recover. I guess we need to adapt to different things as we age.

Good Morning!

It started raining last night and to my knowledge rained on and off during the night and when I woke up to work out it was raining and drove in the rain on my way into work. I will take the rain of some of the weather other places have been having.

This morning did Metabolic Prime workout B, which was squats, shoulders press, crunch into a chest press, alternate one arm rows, and split jumps. Followed with the kick butt burnout, cooled down with 20 min on the elliptical. This is my 3rd week of this and I do have to say, I do miss my Cathe workouts. I really want to try and stick with this for the 12 weeks. Next week is the Energize phase (I think) so we'll see what that consists of.

Have a great day!!

Today was 45 minutes on the elliptical and a variety of Core work for 5 minutes.

I understand is hard being away from Cathe workouts that you. You can do it so hang in there. Sounds like your body is responding to the change.

Good Morning & Happy Friday!

Yesterday I did 5 miles on the elliptical and STS Extended Stretch. Today was the last day of the Awaken phase of Metabolic Prime. Today's workout was pulsing squats, ratchet curls, dumbbell row w/tricep ext., front & side raises, and mountain climbers. After the first time of doing the mountain climbers without discs, my hip flexor and the very tip of the quad muscle was sore for over a week. After that I did the mountain climbers with the disc. Of course, I tortured myself and did the burnout session and followed by a casual 20 min on the elliptical and stretching. Next week I start the Energize phase... hmmmm.. wonder what that's going to entail.

Good for you on those walking lunges!

Have a wonderful weekend.

I think I will pass on the pulsing squats .

Friday ending up being a rest day. My Saturday workout was Meso 1 Back and Triceps. I didn't look in the STS book and I thought legs was Wednesday and I wasn't planning to do that so I did cardio. Didn't realize back and Triceps was supposed to be Wednesday and Legs Friday. Either way---got in 5 workout this week which has been the case lately.

DS13 had his first baseball game of the season. His team from last year disbanded so we had to scramble in August to find him a new team. This team had also lost half their players so they were looking for new ones. Turns out our first game was against the team where half the new team 's players had gone so it was a sweet win for the coach and players.

We got snow on Saturday and it was more than a flew flurries. Didn't stick to road but plenty on grass and trees. Just unbelievable for April.

My Monday morning workout was 45 minutes of elliptical cardio followed by core..

Good Morning!

Saturday I had my Tabata Bootcamp class which went well. All my people were back, which was good. Saturday night we had DH's work 40th Anniv party in Milwaukee. Ended up being a very late night. Couldn't get DH to leave. Didn't get much sleep Saturday night so was very tired on Sunday. Got all my stuff done around 2 and then grabbed a blanket and went downstairs and turned on the fireplace and kicked back in the recliner with the TV on and ended up falling asleep for a while. After sleeping in the afternoon, I was concerned I wasn't going to sleep well last night but I was out like a light. I felt exhausted. Sunday was my rest day.

This morning started the Energize phase of Metabolic prime. Todays workout consisted of squats into an overhead press, bent over row into a tricep extension, push-ups, squat hold w/bicep curls, and then push-up into batman (which in our Cather world are supermans). The burnout for this phase was new jacks which was jumping out wide jumping in, front lunge into a squat jump, 4 bicycles into 4 supermans, I don't remember what the other ones were. Then the bench mark one.. burpee, 1 push-up, 1 squat jump and build from there.

Glad to hear DS13 won his first game. Not very nice weather to place baseball in. This weather has just been very strange. There talking this week it's gradually supposed to warm-up and see more sun this week.

Have a great day!

Good Morning!

Today was 5 miles on the elliptical and STS Extended Stretch.

Our cat Smokey is not doing well. He hasn't eaten anything in the last couple of days. He's still drinking water but he's so weak. I think he barely weighs 8 lbs. He will be 18 years old in June and has kidney disease. He didn't look good when I left the house for work this morning. We lost his brother last August. Because I don't want us to go through what we did with Bandit, I'm hoping that he falls asleep and doesn't wake up, when he passes. It is so hard to see him like this. He had such a great personality. Now he's so weak and sad looking. It breaks my heart. Sorry to be downer. :(

Sorry to hear that your cat is very ill. I know it was hard seeing Bandit suffer last summer before he died. Hang in there.

Today was elliptical cardio followed by core work.

Good Morning!

Today was workout B of the Energize phase. This workout consisted of upright row & front raise, squat into a bent over row & tricep extension (had an issue combining all three of those together for some reason), chest press into chest fly, bent over row & rear delt fly, iron man squats (which is holding your arms out to the side the entire time while doing squats). Then did the burnout session and ended with 20 min on the elliptical and stretching.

Smokey is still hanging in there. He hasn't eaten since Monday and now he's not even drinking water. It's just a matter of time now. I told him this morning that it was okay if he wanted to go be with his brother. We talk to our cats like their people.

Have a great day!!

Good Morning!

This morning was 5 miles on the elliptical followed by the STS Extended Stretch.

Smokey is still hanging in there. Each day we come home wondering if he's still hanging in there or if he passed away. This morning was too cute though, my DH was laying on his side and Smokey managed to muster up enough energy to crawl up by him and snuggle. Smokey had his head resting on DH's arm. Here I am a 2am this morning taking a picture of this.

DS had a game after school and hour away. We didn't get home til almost 10:30 after grabbing him a bite to eat for the ride back home. Our team lost but it was a great game. We led til the 5th inning and the other team was already leading by the 7th. Tough loss.

I was exhausted and slept in.

Good Morning and Happy Friday!!

Sorry to hear they lost their game. Sounds like they did their best though.

This morning was MP workout C which consisted of ratchet squats with single overhead press (which was hard on my low back), squat thrust into a double arm bent over row, holding squat while doing bicep curls, squat w/front raise at the top, and squat w/ a side raise at the top. Followed by the burnout, 20 min on the elliptical and stretching.

This morning DH told me that Smokey passed away at 1am. I shed my tears while getting myself situated to go workout. Then I come up and am in the shower, he comes in their to tell me that he's not dead. He opened up his eyes and barely lifted his head. Sure enough, after I was done, went in there and his eyes were open he blinked a couple times and looked at me. I'll be shocked if he's still alive by the end of the day. We both said our good-byes before we left for work. This has been a long week dealing with this all week.

Have a great weekend. I'm looking forward to the nice temps we are finally supposed to get.

Good Morning!

After a rough week with Smokey going downhill, it all came to an end on Friday night when we got home from work. I swear he hung in there all day until we were both home. We lost Smokey Friday night. It was a very down weekend. Didn't do much of anything. We were supposed to get together with friends on Saturday night but I canceled. Neither of us were in the mood to be around people and act like everything was fine. The house feels really empty now with both of them gone.

As for the workouts. Saturday I had my Tabata Bootcamp class. Sunday was my rest day. The weekend I tried to enjoy the beautiful weather and got outside some. Not as much as I'd prefer but and least some. This morning was week 2 of the Energize week. Workout A, Burnout, and 20 min. on the elliptical.

Hope you had a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.