BUFF BADGERS 11/15 - 11/19

susanz

Cathlete
Hi Ladies! It's Monday again- as if you didn't know! This weekend I pretty much took both days off! Sunday I did go for a 45mn walk with Ruby but that was the extent of it. This morning I ran 3 miles and need to do something else later, hopefully some core work.

Saturdays Bball tournament was tough. Boys lost all 3 games but not without a fight. They did well. They just need to learn to move the ball around more but hey, they're only 10!:)

Sunday was Sunday School and church then helping with homework. Then running some errands. DH had the pipe on his muffler come off this weekend. Well, I get to drive the very noisy car today until it can get fixed after school. I feel like everyone is staring at me! It's so LOUD!

Hope you all have a great day!

Susan

Susan - Sorry to hear the boys lost all 3 games. It's hard but the boys will continue to get better and better as the season progresses. I think we've all been there with the noisy muffler - I know I have. Just smile at everyone and wave when they give you looks.;)

Hi, Laurie, Karen, Lala and Heartymax!

What an exciting weekend! WE ARE GOING TO STATE!!! The game was absolutely incredible and yesterday I went out for brunch with my brothers/sisters and some of their family. Haven't seen most of my family in months so it's always good to chit-chat. This was our "Thanksgiving" since we all do our thing with our own families or in-laws. We'll get together for Christmas and spend more time together. Came home from the game on Saturday and watched the whole thing on TV. :D Taking off Friday afternoon so DH and I can go to the game. Just have to figure out what to do with our kids. :confused: DS has wrestling practice which hopefully he can miss. He'll talk to his coach today. DD is going to Oshkosh though for a State Competition in Drama so she'll probably miss the game. Would like to be both places this weekend but I don't think that'll happen.

Here's how my weekend went:
Friday - Low Impact Circuit
Saturday - Tonique squats + 1 Leslie Fat Burning Mile + Ripped 1000 (3 cardio, pulse lunges) + jumping up and down in the stands (even higher than last week :D)
Sunday - Rest
Monday - Jackie Warner Power Circuit

Have a great day!

Hi everyone!

Sue, congrats again on going to state! And with your busy weekend you found time to workout!!

Susan, the boys will get better! We have a car that just lost some piece or other...it´s time to start looking, but we´re hoping to wait til early next year.

I did a 5.5 mi run on Sat, took Fri off and Sunday off. It was a great weekend to stay indoors :D

Hi Karen, Laurie, and Heartymax. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi, no workout on Sat. Sun. I did Peak 10 interval weights. Today I am planning on doing Turbo Fire.

Sue, nice job getting those workouts in. Congrats to the football team. How exciting. Now just to figure out how to get everyone where they are suppose to be. Glad you got to see your family a bit.

Susan, you must have needed the time off. Hope you get your abs in tonight. Those boys have a long time to get better-only 10. I am off to a bb game tonight, tue and thurs.

Lala, nice run. You are really increasing your mileage. How is your shoulder doing ? It was a bit cold and wet over the weekend.

Have to get busy if I want to get my workout in. I really want to do the peak 10 workout today but I guess I should mix it up a bit. I am definitly not running. I am a whimp.

Have a great day.

Sue, Congrats to your team! How exciting for the school! Yes, great job getting your exercise in despite being busy!

Lala, good job on the 5.5 miler! I told my DH that I am actually starting to feel like a "runner" now.:p I told him when I first started I felt like a St. Bernard galloping down the road!

Karen, YOU are not a wimp!:D Yes, I think I needed to rest. Every time I sat down I took a cat nap!:eek:

Sue---congrats on headed to the state....how exciting.

Susan---I must admit that I laughed when I read about the muffler. It reminded me of time I had to drive my car to the shop when I was in college and it was soooo loud.

Lala---glad you enjoyed your run. The weather here was beautiful this weekend so it was a great outdoor weekend. My cousin had planned a birthday party for her son at her house and the weather was just absolutely beautiful. She felt so lucky to have 70 degree weather in November.

Today was Slow and Heavy Legs and Shoulders. I did a S&H rotation in August and saw good results and felt great. I figured I would try to go for it again in preparation for the holidays. I am determined to look toned next Spring and not going weight during the holiday season.

Good morning! Today will be Circuit Max for me. Haven't done this one in a while. Managed to sneak a bit of core work last night.

HeartyMax, my goal is to not gain during the Holidays either. That's why I am anxious for my new Cathe dvd's to come and help get me through the next hectic month or so! I am also trying to watch my sugar intake.

Short week this week. Kids don't have school Friday cause of conferences. Yea! Think I'll take them to the new Harry Potter movie.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday.

Stay strong- Susan

Today was Step Moves. I am just not that crazy about Step Moves or Athletic Step. I hate the music so it makes me just not want to do either of them.

Hey Laurie---I was starting to worry about you because you usually post everyday---I just remembered that this is your recovery week. I hope you are enjoy letting your muscles rest!!!!:D

Hi,

No workout yesterday or probably today. DS basketball team won last night and Mon. night. I love watching those kids play.

Susan, I used to love Circuit Max. The music and moves are fun. Glad you have a shortened week. My day off is sometimes Fri. but some girls are going to a conference so it is a mandatory work day for me. I can hardly wait for the new Cathes also.:)

Have a great day.

Hi! On today's schedule was a 2.5 mile run and pilates. I will be doing the pilates later, focusing on legs/glutes. My morning run went well, it was warmer than I thought it would be.

Heartymax, I have not done Step Moves in a long time. Do you have her Step Blast workout? That is a lot of fun!

Laurie, that's right, it is your rest week and I do hope you're "resting"!:D

Karen, that stinks that you have to work! Congrats on the B-ball wins!

Hi Sue!
Hi Lala!!

Have a good day! Susan

Morning Ladies,

Sorry to be MIA, life gets in the way sometimes. Didn't sleep very well on Sunday night, DH was having a sawing contest with someone. :eek: I know I probably slept at some point, but it sure seemed that all I did was listen to him snore. I did manage to get in Core Cardio & Balance, but the on Tuesday I woke up with a horrible headache. Nixed the workout that day. This morning was Core Synergistics, still don't enjoy those banana/superman things. :rolleyes:

Susan, I was resting, just wish it wasn't because of a headache, snoring or a sore mouth. OUCH, can't wait for them to work on the root canal. :eek:

Sue, I saw that West won. Congrats! Hope the weather cooperates. Don't you wish you could have a clone at times. :eek:

Lala, Did you all have snow? Had heard that there was something up in the north country. ;) So far we have not really had a flake the the white stuff.

Karen, I like watching my girls in sports too, now I know what my Mom was going through when she would watch us play. You are not a whimp! :D

heartymax, Dang on the step workouts not being fun. I have not even taken the wrapper off the Step Moves workout. I did do Athletic Step. I usually never really pay attention to the music on DVD's, but I know that can be a huge factor for some people. I'm not liking a workout when I'm not able to follow it right away.

Have a great day!

Wednesday was Slow and Heavy Biceps and Triceps---I am sure I have said many times how much I LOVE this workout. I feel fried for a few days. I just finished proofreading my son's science fair project paper so he can print it this morning. I had a hair appointment after work and I was tired when I came home so I didn' t get a chance check his paper yesterday. He didn't have many errors so it didn't take long to review it this morning. I am off now to squeeze a HiIt workout. Have a great day ladies!

Hi,

Today I couldn't sleep because of my cold so I got up at 4:00 finally and did Amy Bento Kettlebell Dynamics all three workouts.

Laurie, sorry you got no sleep. Hopefully last night was a bit better. It is kind of neat how both Insanity and P90X can fit together so nicely in a rotation. Not many people are excited about root canals. Ouch. Take care.

Susan, with your running are you seeing any changes anywhere that you didn't notice before?

Have a wonderful day. I have basketball tonight and tomorrow I work 5:30am until 5 pm. It is going to be a long day. I won't get on tomorrow probably but hope you all have a great weekend and kick butt workouts.:D

Morning Ladies,

Feeling so much better this morning, and I started out the day with Insanity Cardio Recovery. Felt great! :eek:

heartymax, Sounds like a really busy day for you, love that the S&H series is working those muscles for you.

Karen, Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. WTG getting in a workout though. Friday is tooth day, dang I am just about as thrilled as my girls are to get their cleaning done on that day too. :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful day.

Hello! Today is a rest day for me. Friday I run 5.5 miles and since my weekend is clear I can workout both days without interruption! :D

Laurie, sorry you have to have a root canal. Never had one and never want to! Hope you heal quickly. Great job with those workouts!

Karen, hope you feel better! I am noticing my booty looks smaller and I always lose it in my upper body first and I do look slimmer on top. I too noticed my nose starting to fell stuffy today. I better not get sick! It's going to be cold for tomorrows run, only 27 degrees!

Heartymax, good job on the Slow and Heavy! Yes, that can fry you up!

HI Sue!
Hi Lala!

Have a good night! Susan

Laurie - I'm glad you're feeling better. Sounds like your DH and my DH are in that sawing contest together. ;)

Karen & Susan - Sending healing vibes to both of you so you get better. :)

Heartymax - You are doing some awesome workouts! Keep up the good work.

Hi Lala!

Last night was a band concert and this morning I had to dropoff for Jazz band so didn't get a workout in. Hope to do something tonight and tomorrow morning before we leave for the game. Taking off the whole day so I can sleep in a little, workout, clean my house :) and then go to the Championship game in Madison tomorrow. DD will be in Susan's neck of the woods for a Drama competition and DS will go with us to the game. He's excited because we're pulling him out of school early. The only time we do that is for Dr. appts. so this is special. Hope the weather is nice.

! ! ! Go Wolverines ! ! !

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Hello Ladies-----I know I checked in this morning but had a minute so I wanted to catch up to see what is going on with everyone. I did decided on 40/20 from the HiIt Series. I am getting better each time. Woo Hoo!!

Laurie---I thought it was your rest week. Insanity is no rest:D I had a root canal this summer. I am happy that tooth doesn't bother me anymore.

Sue---Good Luck to your team in the championship. It should be a fun time for everyone.

Susan---enjoy your morning run. Is the weather still pretty nice there?

Hello! This mornings run was cool but nice. It was 26 degrees but once my body warmed up it actually felt good. Saturday I want to do P90X Core Synergistics and Sunday I plan to do a 3 miler and some pilates. My cold sems to be just the sniffles today. Hope it stays that way. Taking kids to see new Harry Potter this afternoon.

Sue, I am sending winning vibes down to your football team! I really hope the succeed! Have a great time! Your DD is going to be in Oshkosh right? Is she at the university? Hope she has a fun time.

Heartymax,good job wit the 40/20! Pretty soon it'll be no problem at all.

Hi Laurie! Good luck to you today. Rest easy...

Hi Lala!

Hi Karen!

Have a great weekend! Susan

Morning Ladies,

Kristin McGee's Power Yoga for me this morning. After work is my appointment, was surprised that they are doing this on a Friday at 4pm. One would think the dr. would be wanting to leave work on a Friday. :rolleyes: After the novicane wears off DH will have to get me something to eat. LOL

Susan, It sure was cold out this morning. I hit the snooze alarm an extra time, because I didn't want to go out into the cold. Glad the cold has reduced to the sniffles. Oh have a great time at the HP movie.

Sue, Have a wonderful time today, and good luck to WEST! Hope it starts to warm up a little, I think it is suppose to. Oh and good luck to your dd also, I'm sure she will do great.

heartymax, Glad that Hiit 40/20 is getting better for you. Did you order the new workouts? I have had one root canal so far, and agree with you on the reduction of pain. I just want it to get over with quick, but it will be at least a two hour process. I wish I had thought to have a book on download. Then at least I could concentrate on something else. :eek:

My workout plans for this weekend are Saturday KenpoX+/IntervalX+. Sunday is Insanity Core Cardio & Balance. Monday starts my last phase of the P90X/Insanity rotation. :D

Have a wonderful weekend,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.