breast cancer surviver and need help

pomsR#1

I spent almost a year doing chemo and radiation, and now I am on a hormone blocker so I have gained some weight and really out of shape and really need to get back, I did cathe all the time, now I don't even recognize my body, I need help getting back to it, but since I am so sore and achy now days, I am wanting to know what workout is best for me to get started again

What about Turbo Barre? I think it's a great all over workout, gentle on your joints and you can work up to the intensity.

What workouts do you have? Cathe is pretty tough.. her intermediate workouts ? do you have any equipment? I'm a big fan of stationary bikes for a low impact workout not hard on the joints. Do shorter premixes with much lighter weights or no weights at all.

Start small, with baby steps, and see what feels Ok, what is too much. Think you can do 15 minutes? do it. If that is OK, increase the time. Do you live in an area and climate where you can walk?

Clean up your diet. nothing extreme... but good nutritious food. get rid of junk. work toward getting fit, weight loss will follow.

this will be a process. you didn't lose fitness in a day, and it will take time to get it back. one day at a time.

Last edited:
Hi PomsR#1,
I also spent most of last year in BC treatments (lumpectomy, 4 rounds of TC chemo, & 35 radiation treatments). I completed radiation just before Thanksgiving & I'm currently on Tamoxifen. I've been doing Cathe ICE & FitSplit premixes and generally keep the workouts to around 30 minutes. I've done all of the FitSplit workouts except Shred Cardio and found them doable by using the premixes. I'm also doing a lot of walking on the treadmill which I don't really like but it gets the job done. If you have On Demand that gives you the great option of creating shorter workouts & starting with segments of some easier routines. I'm also doing yoga most nights before bed. I relied heavily on Yoga Relax during treatment and still do it some. I just added Gaia's subscription (I think it was $0.99 for the first month & then about $10 after) to give me more variety.

Best wishes for your journey back to health!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.