Bootcamp/Muscle Endurance (Intensity Series)

aqua girl

Cathlete
I revisited these workouts while making up some new blender workouts and they both are great, fun
workouts!!! Unfortunately, in the blender they aren’t chaptered by individual exercises, only by the cycles which limits how I use them, but there are so many unique moves in them. Especially like
the chest press with the med ball and using a weight plate for Tricep extensions…Cathe’s new weight plates with the handle feature works great doing that…and holding the med ball & weight plate doing
leg presses (not together…separately:). Good core in Bootcamp and a unique little shoulder exercise
that I never had seen before…a lot of higher impact in Bootcamp, but very easily modified…

I revisited these workouts while making up some new blender workouts and they both are great, fun
workouts!!! Unfortunately, in the blender they aren’t chaptered by individual exercises, only by the cycles which limits how I use them, but there are so many unique moves in them. Especially like
the chest press with the med ball and using a weight plate for Tricep extensions…Cathe’s new weight plates with the handle feature works great doing that…and holding the med ball & weight plate doing
leg presses (not together…separately:). Good core in Bootcamp and a unique little shoulder exercise
that I never had seen before…a lot of higher impact in Bootcamp, but very easily modified…
I agree! I avoided this workout because Cathletes seemed to proclaim it as Cathe's hardest workout "back-in-the-day" before there was LIS Afterburn. But we like the Bootcamps from S&S & ICE so decided to purchase it a couple of years ago & like it! We were sooo late to the party, but better late than never. :D

Back then & now are 2 different things…. I know on one of the cycles in Bootcamp, cardio is first and Cathe says this is a toughie, gonna be hard, etc.. and it’s speed skaters….gosh, I felt so accomplished, because I don’t have to modify skaters and had no problem with them :)

I gotta say, I think HIIT 40/20 is among the hardest of Cathe’s workouts. I always have to take a quick break before the final exercise because those lateral jumps over the step platform bite me at the end. When I’m finished I feel like I’ve done a 50 minute cardio workout.

on another note, I did muscle endurance last Saturday and it’s tough. Those leg presses keep coming back when you don’t want them to.

Last edited:
I love when folks discuss older DVDs. Even if I'm planning on doing something else, they so often remind me of excellent premixes I can use as add-ons.
I’m absolutely loving doing these older workouts. I’m disappointed that I wasn’t able to finish CTX last week, but because of dealing with the Kevin situation, I just didn’t have the sleep and focus to learn new routines. But I know that I can incorporate CTX cardio and maybe even the upper body split premix. Or even the individual body part workouts.

I love imax2 and cardio and weights because I always have the Buttercup and pina colada songs stuck in my head the rest of the day.

they don’t seem to be done on as high of a step as in the past.
Isn't that the truth? My gosh, she used alot back then! I did used to go higher back in the
day :), but I can't do that high now.....even now, when I do a step workout, 9 out of 10 times,
I only use the platform and I enjoy that....

I also like Imax 2 and the famous, Buttercup & Pina Colada songs!!! Also, in one of those
older workouts, maybe either BootCamp or Muscle Endurance (not sure), there is an Elvis
song that she mentions, " A little less conversation, a little more action" That's a pretty
good one too!

I also recently pulled out the STS Ab Circuits dvd, I don't think I have ever done any of those workouts....but I tried the one with microload gloves and ankle weights, and the one with
med ball so far and really liked both of them.

I’m absolutely loving doing these older workouts. I’m disappointed that I wasn’t able to finish CTX last week, but because of dealing with the Kevin situation, I just didn’t have the sleep and focus to learn new routines. But I know that I can incorporate CTX cardio and maybe even the upper body split premix. Or even the individual body part workouts.

I love imax2 and cardio and weights because I always have the Buttercup and pina colada songs stuck in my head the rest of the day.
Our 1st Cathe step workouts were the CTX VHS's I got off ebay for cheap. Loved 'em. Have CTX on DVD now. Then we bought the older step VHS workouts, which we re-purchased as DVDs too. The music was fun & you work up a good sweat after getting the choreography down. Now I modify too ... maximum height is 6" & sometimes 4 or I go behind the step if I need to modulate my heart rate. I only jump to unload weight for a quick turn or hop (power 15's are not jumped anymore, but my heart rate is still up there!)

I remember the 1st time doing IS Pyramid LB ... I was scared to do the leg presses on the high step with a barbell ...I think my heart rate was up just from the fear factor- whooo!
I was too except I was afraid of losing my balance on the high step because it was the first time I'd ever done leg presses on the high step with a barbell. I'm ready for my buns to be fried on the stability ball portion of PLB too.

I also like Imax 2 and the famous, Buttercup & Pina Colada songs!!! Also, in one of those
older workouts, maybe either BootCamp or Muscle Endurance (not sure), there is an Elvis
song that she mentions, " A little less conversation, a little more action" That's a pretty
good one too!
Oh yeah! The Elvis song, I remember it was in Muscle Endurance and either Imax2 or Cardio & Weights too. Another good song that was in C&W was "Somebody's Watching Me".

I've got Day #1 of my tank top rotation in the books. Interesting sidenote, when I walked Luca after my workout, Kevin was nowhere to be seen. Actually, I just hope I never see him again. Dang, I'm glad I dealt with that situation sooner rather than later.

Last June we were going on a short but rather vertical hike in the mountains. I knew there were many steps, some 16-18 inches step ups. I used those Muscle Endurance leg presses to get ready for it. I had 5, sometime 6, risers. Did it twice weekly for a few months. Worked well! Never doing that hike again .

I was too except I was afraid of losing my balance on the high step because it was the first time I'd ever done leg presses on the high step with a barbell. I'm ready for my buns to be fried on the stability ball portion of PLB too.

Oh yeah! The Elvis song, I remember it was in Muscle Endurance and either Imax2 or Cardio & Weights too. Another good song that was in C&W was "Somebody's Watching Me".

I've got Day #1 of my tank top rotation in the books. Interesting sidenote, when I walked Luca after my workout, Kevin was nowhere to be seen. Actually, I just hope I never see him again. Dang, I'm glad I dealt with that situation sooner rather than later.
I remember those and LOVE them!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.