Body-Weight Strength Recommendations

thebrain

Cathlete
Hello All,

We are currently under contract on the sale of our house and it looks like we will be closing by the end of July. We have not found the new house yet....it's been frustrating, but....we are keeping faith that the perfect house is out there....somewhere!

At any rate, we will be putting our stuff in storage for an as-of-yet undetermined length of time, and either staying with friends and family during the rest of the summer, or possibly moving into a short-term rental once our kids go back to school in September.

So....I will be without most of my workout DVDs, all of my weights, step, etc....[emoji30]...during this time.

Can anyone recommend some decent body-weight only DVDs/online workouts that I could use to attempt to keep some of the strength I have gained after 10+ years of Cathe workouts? I am considering signing up for some personal training sessions at a gym during the time as well, but would appreciate any ideas anyone has!

Thanks,
Aimee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Lauren. I have four of his DVDs. Whenever I feel like bodyweight only, I use them. He was special ops instructor in the military. Does a great job. His workouts are short and to the point. I'm starting another bodyweight only rotation. I love this rotation, It brings back my abs, and I get very lean. His DVDs are EFX, You Are Your Own Gym, Bodyweight and Focus 15. Highly recommend. Mobility Rx is another good one. I will be using them with Horizontal Conditioning. Horizontal Conditioning is another great workout. However, they do use some equipment. Hope this helps.
Good luck in your house search!

Last edited:
Hi!

I know she isn't as tough as Cathe but Jessica Smith has a ton of free online videos that are fun and some can be challenging. Here's a link to a list of her no equipment youtube routines (many are body weight only):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe5P3ayTEj7ZJEVGJ6JgT-QH3XSMyPpqR

Leah Sarago's Ballet Body series is also easier than Cathe but her Upper Body DVD is a killer - the first half is all body weight (think planks!). Jessica Smith has barre routines online as well (some do use light hand weights):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe5P3ayTEj7a6S6qyYaia6gPNme99v8cV

Nothing beats Cathe, of course! But I have always really liked Jessica and own most of her DVDs. She just isn't into heavy weights. Of all the trainers I've tried (too many to admit!) the only two I love are Cathe and Jessica. Hope this is of some help and good luck on the move/finding your new house! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.