Body Parts Premixes

ashaw

Cathlete
I'm finally able to take some time to figure out what my body parts phase is going to look like. For anyone who's done or who's doing the No Repeats Premixes, what exactly does that mean? Only one set of each exercise? I haven't had a chance to preview any of the Body Parts workouts yet. I would like to do two body parts per day to still have room for cardio and a recovery day. I'm trying to decide between the Mish Mosh Premixes or the No Repeats. Doing two body parts per day would have a Slow and Heavy vibe to it.

I've done the "No Repeats" premixes and MishMosh#1 premixes. MishMosh #2 is for next week.

The "No Repeats" means there is only 1 set of each exercise, however, when there is a difference in the sets - as in Legs - Squats - 3 sets are done (1 regular (instead of 2 sets), 1 w/Fabric Loop, 1 w/plates); also for the Elevated Lunges both sets are done as there is the upright set and the forward-leaning set. But for things like Hip Thrusts - you do just one set. You can see the actual breakdown in the User Guide or on the Workout Manager.

For the No Repeats for Chest/Tri's and Back/Bi's I actually added in additional sets to get a more "worked-out" feeling. I didn't for the first No Repeat of Legs/Shoulders because I didn't think of doing so - but wished I had - it doesn't add on that much more time to do a few more sets of the exercises you think you'd benefit most from. That way you get a shortened workout and a more "worked" feel. If I had thought of it, I would have added in additional sets of Hip Thrusts - seemed hardly worth the effort to do only one set.

For MishMosh#1, I added in the Bonuses of both body parts to lengthen the workout.

I've done the "No Repeats" premixes and MishMosh#1 premixes. MishMosh #2 is for next week.

The "No Repeats" means there is only 1 set of each exercise, however, when there is a difference in the sets - as in Legs - Squats - 3 sets are done (1 regular (instead of 2 sets), 1 w/Fabric Loop, 1 w/plates); also for the Elevated Lunges both sets are done as there is the upright set and the forward-leaning set. But for things like Hip Thrusts - you do just one set. You can see the actual breakdown in the User Guide or on the Workout Manager.

For the No Repeats for Chest/Tri's and Back/Bi's I actually added in additional sets to get a more "worked-out" feeling. I didn't for the first No Repeat of Legs/Shoulders because I didn't think of doing so - but wished I had - it doesn't add on that much more time to do a few more sets of the exercises you think you'd benefit most from. That way you get a shortened workout and a more "worked" feel. If I had thought of it, I would have added in additional sets of Hip Thrusts - seemed hardly worth the effort to do only one set.

For MishMosh#1, I added in the Bonuses of both body parts to lengthen the workout.
Thank you for all the information! That’s super helpful. I’m also thinking about doing something shorter for shoulders since I’ve had past neck and shoulder problems.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.