Blog 2 Lazy 4 the Gym

Newwmn3

Cathlete
Have any of my fellow Cathletes discovered this gem of a Web blog? The author is a huge Cathe fan and does the most thorough and amazing reviews of all types of exercise DVDs, most of them higher intensity and for advanced (or intermediate-advanced) exercisers. She has helped me to amass quite a collection of workout DVDs and has also saved me some $$$ by influencing me to NOT buy a few I had my eye on. Does anyone know if she is on the Cathe forums?

Christin

That's so true!! I seem to have the same likes and dislikes in wkout DVDs as Jengolf. I told her once that if she blogs it...I buy it...and could she please stopo_O. Honestly though, she turned me on to Toby Massenburg, Paul Katami and Ilaria Montagnani to name a few. Her reviews are excellent!!

Thanks for starting this thread. I just added the blog to my favorites. I have been looking for an honest, in-depth review of all of the workouts that are available.

Wow! I just saw this thread and I just want to say thank you! And it really does mean a lot to me to know my reviews are useful to others. I really just created that blog as a personal database of my own workouts so I could keep track of them. But I am so happy it is as useful to others, too!.

That's so true!! I seem to have the same likes and dislikes in wkout DVDs as Jengolf. I told her once that if she blogs it...I buy it...and could she please stopo_O. Honestly though, she turned me on to Toby Massenburg, Paul Katami and Ilaria Montagnani to name a few. Her reviews are excellent!!

Me, too!!!! It's pretty incredible how I feel exactly the same way about the workouts as she does. I discovered her after discovering Paul Katami which led me to Toby, Ilaria, etc.etc.... And my credit card has been hard at work ever since. ;)

I'm relatively new to home workout dvds. Started doing them about a year ago. It was her blog that led me to cathe. Since then I've made many cathe dvd purchases!!!
Hi TamDe,

I'm new to Cathe too. I have been doing other instructors' workouts DVDs in the last 3 years and own 150+.
I tried Cathe Friedrich in the end of December 2014...and can't make myself to do another anymore :)
I'm reading Jenngolf's blog and preparing myself to place my next order at cathe.com.
Thank you , Jenngolf!

Last edited:
Have any of my fellow Cathletes discovered this gem of a Web blog? The author is a huge Cathe fan and does the most thorough and amazing reviews of all types of exercise DVDs, most of them higher intensity and for advanced (or intermediate-advanced) exercisers. She has helped me to amass quite a collection of workout DVDs and has also saved me some $$$ by influencing me to NOT buy a few I had my eye on. Does anyone know if she is on the Cathe forums?

Christin

Yes! I read a bunch of posts the other day on 2 Lazy for The Gym. Except she is ANYTHING but lazy- whew! (I won't say how much time I spent reading that blog instead of studying...oops.) Doesn't she write the BEST reviews, though? I found them so informative, and also very inspiring and positive. I don't own a ton of Cathe DVDs yet, hadn't done Cathe's workouts since 2006 or so, and have just been working out to Cathe On Demand here recently. Therefore I'm absorbing all her info about the various routines like a sponge. What a great blog!

Wow! I just saw this thread and I just want to say thank you! And it really does mean a lot to me to know my reviews are useful to others. I really just created that blog as a personal database of my own workouts so I could keep track of them. But I am so happy it is as useful to others, too!.

2 Lazy for the Gym is my total resource for planning my workouts. I go to your site every single day. Thank you so much! I really couldn't do it without you. I think Cathe should hire you! Without your descriptions and rotations for Cathe Live I wouldn't subscribe. Thank you so much for all you do for me everyday!!

Another thing to add is if you post a comment at the end of a review, Jen will always respond. I love that. I've asked her a question or 2 about specific instructors and she always answers quickly with an insight or opinion. She is awesome!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.