Bikini Body 4/9

lorihart

Cathlete
I must be the one in the earliest time zone.I seem to be the first poster most of the time.Not that I am complaining:) I never complain!
Is anyone getting close to their goals yet? I think its mind over matter sometimes.I have been eating good for only 2 days and I already feel better about myself.I am the same size I was when I started but for some weird reason I already feel better.When starting something I think youonly have to get pass the first couple of days and then you realize how much better you feel when on a schedule.My workouts and eating have had no reason to them lately.Its noce to have some sturcture.
Is anyone going away for the weekend? We are not sure what we are doing. We may go into the city, but we only just got home! I would much rather stay home.BUt we already mentioned it to friends so I don't know if they will be dissapponited.I really don't want to leave the dog again either.After last weeks episode, I don't think he wants us to go anywhere either.Poor guy;( Sometimes I wish that he was one of those dogs that you could leave anywhere with anybody but he is such a baby.
Today is PLB for me and a run.I am going for a run in about an hour.My legs are already sore from yesterdays run so I don't know how well they will cooperate when doing PLB.I don't even want to think about tomorrow!
I bought some more workout clothes yesterday:) A store in the mall had 50% of everything in the store.I bought the last 2 pairs of sixe small pants.And the same with the matching shirts.The pants were really nice.They were wide legs, and around the waist band one had a strip of white and the other had a strip of pink.Very pretty.
Anyway,enough babbling.I will check back later today.Hope everyone as a good weekend.
Lori:)

After last weeks episode, I don't think he wants us to go anywhere either.Poor guy;( Sometimes I wish that he was one of those dogs that you could leave anywhere with anybody but he is such a baby.

Hi Lori~
What happened to your dog last week? I am a major dog person (have 1 furchild myself)

Carolyn

Oh nothing drastic....we went away for the weekend and we had someone move in for the weekend.The guy that usually takes care of him is younger(22-23)And he will normally have a couple of his buddies in to drink and play cards.
We decided a while ago that chico CANNOT have any human food.It messes up his system totally but he is such a big dog that I think people think that he can handle it.
So...I THINK that he may have gotten his fair share of human food last weekend and when I came home from work Wed, he had three big piles of crap waiting for me on the carpet.He also needed to go outsdie every 5 min.
He also threw up the first day that we were gone.
We only got home on MOn and it doesn't seem right to leave him again, although it would only be for one night.I think he gets in a major panic when he sees us packing our bags.And he is a big baby.He is 115 lbs but chases us around like you wouldn't beleive.He should have been a lap dog.
Lori

Good morning everyone,

Sorry I missed you all yesterday. I did Tracie Long's Core Foundations yesterday morning. I had just received it the night before, and previewed it then. I thought it looked cool so I tried it. I like it, and I think I could have an incredibly strong core doing it regularly, but I'm not sure how to fit it into a rotation. I'll have to think on that one. Last night I was feeling depressed, and thought I'd do some yoga, but I got a salsa dvd out instead. I got a little bit of cardio, and moved my hips all over the place, and felt much better.

This morning, I did PUB, up only premix, no abs. I wanted to do some cardio too, but was too sleepy and got up too late. Maybe this evening I'll do the cardio. I haven't done PUB in ages, and was pleased that I hadn't lost too much strength (haven't lost ANY in the shoulder work, a major accomplishment, because that's my weakest area).

Lori, I'm sorry to hear about your problems with your dog. I know how you feel too, about not being sure you want to go away when you just were away. I'm sure you'll have fun if you go, though.

Joy, thanks for telling me about your yoga tapes. I have the Ali McGraw tape on VHS. Actually I've had it for three years, and have never done it! I think I'm intimidated by it for some reason. If I don't do cardio tonight, I'm either going to do Baron Baptiste's Core Power, from the Live dvd, or Eoin Finn's Quickie workout from the Power Yoga for Happiness.

My family comes back tomorrow. I pick them up at 12:15. As much as I miss them, I wish they were coming back a little later, so I could straighten up the house more. Brenda, I don't know how you do it with 5 kids.

Anyway, I've got to go now. Talk to you later.

Good morning!

I'm going to take it easy and concentrate on abs and stretching today- I did PLB yesterday and ended up doing the 2nd/3rd sets w/the same heavy weight because it takes me too long to adjust my bar. I then switch to bells for the 1st/last set. I felt my left quad get a little funky by the end so I'm going to keep stretching throughout the day. Add in the plyos/scissors (kid-friendly scissors, Joy, not the ginsu) and my glutes are feeling tight.

I definately agree, Lori, I think it just takes a few days of clean eating and you really do feel better. Unfortunately my eating has been off and I'm suffering because of it. I'm going to try to limit the chocolate given away this Easter so I don't eat it all.

We're staying here for Easter- we have an egg roll w/the kids tomorrow and brunch Sunday w/whatever family is still in town. The kids are off next week which is so nice to not have to worry about bedtimes and getting off to school so its like my vacation, too.

Lori, our dog is very well trained- he never has accidents unless something is going on in the house. He actually peed in a pile of clean laundry that was on our bedroom floor after we had the last baby. He also follows my husband everywhere as soon as he sees us packing to go away. I think dogs are very smart and since they can't talk they communicate whichever way they can (eating the people food is also a factor for accidents, though!)

Check in later- Sabine and Lisa, hope you're feeling ok today.

Brenda

hi Lori~ I can relate to your dog story too. My GR dog is 90 lbs. of , as my husband affectionately calls him... "candy a#*". He is the biggest baby and thinks he is a lap dog. I guess part of it is my fault because I spoil him to pieces. He's been sleeping with us in bed since he was 14 weeks old. We are planning on a one night stay to use up a hotel voucher my husband has through his business travel and I am going to have to have my dog stay at my sister's house. She has 2 labs and my dog LOVES them so it shouldn't be a problem but I do worry about where he wil sleep at night . Oh well!

Carolyn

Hello All!

Going to do PP today plus some yoga. I took yesterday as a rest day as I had to be at my eye doctor's to have my eyes dilated- they have a new staff so I was there for about 3 hrs. I posted last night (kinda late so you may not have seen it)- I'm getting tested to see if I can have Lasiks done. The surgery is tentatively set for Thurs depending on what my results were from yesterday and from my consult with the surgeon on Mon at 9AM. I'm going to need to modify my w/o's a bit, eg my eye doc told me I should continue to exercise and re: weights, no bending over to pick up heavy weights bec of occular pressure. So any advice you fine ladies may have will be appreciated. I have just about all the w/o's except those in the 12-bundle. My rotation has been for the last two wks- SS, KPC, L&G, CTX cardio and PP (plus yoga on weight days). Thanks everyone! BTW, I've noticed my legs have firmed and toned up and there is more definition in my upper body as well. The mid-section is coming along-a bit slower but I am seeing progress as my tummy is getting flatter.

Lisa- I can understand your feelings about being happy your guys are coming home and how you would like a little time to do the house (time seems to fly sometimes, doesn't it?) Hope Michael is feeling better. You take care, too!:)

Judy- how is your rotation going? Enjoy visiting colleges over Spring Break with your son.

Brenda- how's your rotation. From what I read you gals are doing great! Potty training sounds quite like an *adventure*;) and I enjoyed your description- brought a chuckle to my day!

Kim- congrats on your weightloss! Keep up the great work!

Cindee- you may try to add the relaxation yoga at the end of the day if you have time constraints. You still get a good, relaxing stretch-helps me to sleep.

Hellos and Happy Easter and Good Friday to everyone else!

Elizabeth

HI Gals,
Nice to see everyone checking in.
Brenda-You have 5 kids:eek: I didn't know that. YOu must be super mom b/c I can barely getting everything done with one.
Our dog is very well trained to.He as only had 3 accidents since we have had him (5 yrs) I guess if you gotta go,you gotta go.Unfortuantly it was on my carpet.He never does anything when we are home though.When he needs to throw up it is the funniest thing in the world b/c he smiles.He looks at you and his face is pulled back and you can see the druel in the corner of his lips.And I say."chico need to go ouisdie" and he takes off for the door.You would have to see the smile to beleive it.
I just finished my run and PLB.I went easy on the weights b/c my legs were already sore.Some of the workouts I didn't go back down the pyramid, instead I folded laundry when Cathe was going back down.:7 Im such a cheater.
Anyway,I must go get in the shower.I still have no idea if we are going away or not.DH doesn't feel 100%.And you know what thats like.They are on their death bed if they sneeze once.
Lori:)

Good Morning!

It's a beautiful day outside and all I can think about is going home and taking a nap. My allergies are killing me! I'm so tired and my head is full and puffy feeling. My ears are popping constantly and I just feel blah!

Maybe this blah feeling accounts for my bad attitude this morning while working out with Kari Anderson's Hot Steps. The whole routine just bugged! It felt like it took forever to build up the combos and then the complex modifications were thrown in at the end and barely practiced. Hello?!!?!? I don't need to practice a basic step for 5 minutes!!!! I usually love Kari Anderson workouts and was just mad at this one! Maybe my attitude will change after a couple more times doing this workout and maybe throwing in the complexity modifications earlier so it's more fun. I don't know. I'm so frustrated!!!!!}(

I may be going to my sister's house for Easter. We'll probably do some shopping on Saturday and spend a quiet Sunday morning at her house before I head home later that afternoon.

Gotta run,

Good morning (it's still morning for me) everyone! Yesterday I tried to do some form of HIIT after CTX UB...I did the IMAX Blast Mania. I'd never used that premix before and it was tough to not have the extended "rest" during the mini-step routines. I nearly gave up after #7, then thought I could do one more, then one more (#9), then figured #10 is only 1 1/2 minutes more so I just finished it. Slept like a log! Today will be either biking or KPC. It's absoulutely gorgeous outside so I'm not sure.

We're heading out this weekend to be with extended family. It's always nice to go visit our hometown and see old friends at our old church. We'll miss our dear friends at our own church, but you can't be everywhere at once!

Lori--I'm lovin' having structure to my workouts, too. My diet isn't super-clean but I've noticed that I'm not nearly as bloated (TOM) this month as last month. Usually I gain a bit the week before the dot (my mom calls it that...get it? Period...dot...):) but I've remained steady this week in my weight.

Lisa--hope you had a relaxing week, and don't worry about your house. I'm sure it's fine...your boys will just be so happy to be with you!

Brenda--what are you planning for next week? I'm not sure if I'll stay heavy or go the endurance route.

Elizabeth--thank you for the suggestions. I fall asleep pretty easily, but I'll throw yoga in here and there just for the muscle lengthening and stretching.

Hi to everyone else. Time for lunch!

CinDee

Just a quick check in again...

Elizabeth, I hope that it works out for you to get the lasik surgery. I think the inconvenience with the workouts for a short while will be worth it!

Brenda, thanks for your well wishes. I was feeling better, but at lunch time I started to feel weird again. You know, I've been thinking it's my allergies, so what did I do? I went outside and walked for a mile and 1/2. I felt better when I was done, so who knows?

CinDee,the reason I wish I had more time to clean is that I work full time, and never seem to get ahead on the cleaning. My house literally is a mess. I don't like it that way, but that's the way it stays. I'm going to try to do a little tonight (along with stuffing the Easter eggs for the Easter Bunny to hid this weekend), get to bed at a decent hour, and get up early and do some more before going to the airport. It will make me feel better.

Sabine, I hope you feel better. It's lousy to feel bad when it's nice outside. Sometimes I just feel mad at everyone and everthing when I feel bad, so I can understand being irritated at the workout!

I'm not going anywhere this weekend, so I may check in if I have time. I hope that all of you who celebrate Easter have a wonderful holiday, and to everyone, have a great weekend!

Hello All;

Well it's Friday and I did IMAX 2 again this week...I feel good enough that hubby and I are going on our date night tonight and I may even indulge in my Grateful Deads again LMAO..
Tommorrow is Legs and Shoulders w/ S&H and then a rest day on Sunday.

So far so good as far as following Cathe's rotation let's hope I can finish it all.

Have a great weekend and I'll try not to eat any of the goodies the Bunny will leave on Sunday for the kiddos.

Oh, I see. I'm a homeschool mom, so even though I'm home messes still accumulate! 3 boys equal many LEGOS, dirt, piles of clothes, etc. and I don't get it all done everyday. I don't want to minimize your very busy schedule since I can't relate to it, but I hope you are a bit encouraged by exercising and taking care of yourself and getting a bit of straightening-up done. I pray you feel better and enjoy the weekend with your family home again.

I probably will not check in until Mon. since we're taking off. God bless you all.

CinDee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.