Best Dressed at Oscars

BeethovenRocks

Cathlete
Somewhat repetitive, I know, but anyone game??

Kate Winslet
Anne Hathaway
Penelope Cruz
Phoebe Cates
Jessica Biel
Angelina Jolie
Alicia Keys

I don't even like her much, but I thought Penelope Cruz looked AMAZING! Jessica Biel looked awful though (IMO). She's a pretty girl and that dress did her no justice. I usually love Angelina and I thought she looked fine, but wasn't really "wowed" by her outfit. I LOVED Anne Hathaway's dress, but thought it wasn't very flattering to her shape. I'm probably one of the few who really liked Amy Adam's dress too.

I think Kate Winslet and Anne Hathaway looked fabulous - I thought Anne's dress looked marvelous on her.

I liked Amy Adam's dress, but that necklace has to go. The dress has enough detail.

I did not like Penelope Cruz's dress. I think she looked like she missed the exit for the prom.

And Sara Jessica Parker looked like Glinda the Goodwitch.

Angelina looks good and classic - she may not have stood out but she looked elegant (except for the tats, but then I'm of THAT generation).

Jessica Biel's dress was hideous in my opinion. Looked like the designer had no idea what to do with the extra fabric so decided to just stick it on the dress somewhere.

Best dressed list:
Freida pinto
Marisa Tomei
Natalie Portman

Worst dressed list:
Miley Cyrus
Sarah Jessica Parker
Tilda Swinton-too matronly, she looked like she was wearing a bedspread.
Goldie Hawn-the dress was ok but it looked too small in the bodice -I was scared she would flop out.

Best dressed list:
Freida pinto
Marisa Tomei
Natalie Portman

Worst dressed list:
Miley Cyrus
Sarah Jessica Parker
Tilda Swinton-too matronly, she looked like she was wearing a bedspread.
Goldie Hawn-the dress was ok but it looked too small in the bodice -I was scared she would flop out.

Ooh, I forgot about Marisa! She looked fabulous! I totally agree with you on Goldie Hawn too. That dress was disastrous! And you could see part of whatever bra it was that was holding the "girls" together in the middle of her "neckline". But I guess I wouldn't really expect anything different from Goldie. ;) I thought the bodice of Miley's dress was very cute, but the skirt not so much. And Tilda, Tilda.... She just always looks like that, so again I didn't expect much else.

I did not like Penelope Cruz's dress. I think she looked like she missed the exit for the prom.

And Sara Jessica Parker looked like Glinda the Goodwitch.

Jessica Biel's dress was hideous in my opinion. Looked like the designer had no idea what to do with the extra fabric so decided to just stick it on the dress somewhere.

I was staring at photos of SJP's dress at different angles for the LONGEST while trying to decide whether I liked it or not and then finally it was...NAAH!! Same with Jessica Biel's BUT in the end gave her a thumbs up...she still looked pretty classy to me. (I dig the fabric...so luxurious) I see how Penelope's dress 'might' look like it belongs in a bridal catalogue but she still carried it well....all good fun :).

And Tilda, Tilda.... She just always looks like that, so again I didn't expect much else.

At least she has the good sense to wear too much rather than not enough, I guess. :D

I still remember Reba McIntyre's red dress at some event many years back.
It was VERY low cut. My mom just gasped when she saw that and said to the TV "Get some clothes on Reba!" ROFLMAO!!!

Geez...I was thinkin' I should keep things positive and only talk about the best, but now that you mention my least faves were

Sophia Loren
Beyonce
Madonna
Nicole Kidman (still tryin' to figure out what the overall theme of her outfit was)
Heidi Klum
Whoopi Goldberg

Here's my list.

Best dressed:
Kate Winslet
Meryl Streep
Alicia Keys

Worst dressed:
Beyonce
Miley Cyrus
Anne Hathaway (even though I really like her)
Sarah Jessica Parker
Vanessa Hudgens
Jessica Biel

Geez...I was thinkin' I should keep things positive and only talk about the best, but now that you mention my least faves were

Sophia Loren
Beyonce
Madonna
Nicole Kidman (still tryin' to figure out what the overall theme of her outfit was)
Heidi Klum
Whoopi Goldberg

Sorry, didn't mean to be negative or a downer but I thought we should be fair and look at both sides. :eek:

Best Dressed:

Kate Winslet
Anne Hathaway
Penelope Cruz
Angelina Jolie
Sarah Jessica Parker
Natalie Portman
Marisa Tomei

Worst:

Whoopi Goldberg
Amy Adams
Jessica Biel

I loved Cojo's ( Entertainment Tonight) remark about Jessica Biel...He said he looked at her and thought she was wearing a Lobster bib, and he asked if anyone had drawn butter! :D

I haven't seen any of the Oscar coverage but in checking out the photos online I was FLOORED by Cate Beckinsale's look. I loved Penelope Cruz but Beckinsale was just stunning. The only improvement would have been getting her out of black (What is this? A funeral? We need COLOR) and switching to something in the aqua/turquoise/robin's egg blue range. The jewelry, that sleek, glamorous updo... WOW!

I didn't see any pictures of Kate Beckinsale. I didn't even know she was there. I'll have to look for those.

Found her - very classy! I wonder why no one mentioned her in the Best dressed list?

Last edited:
Best: I thought Marisa Tomeii and Natalie Portman looked awesome. Tilda Swinton was the chicest by far. I also LOVED Amy Adam's dress, but not so much the necklace she wore with it. Sean Penn's outift and hair were perfection.

Worst: Jessica Biel looked like a train wreck. I thought Eva Longoria's outfit was awful. I don't know who Miley Cyrus is, but I think she's my winner for Absolute Worst.

Irrelevant Mention: Diane Lane is so beautiful, it almost doesn't matter what the heck she wears. It's all good.

Disclaimer: I didn't actually watch the awards show. Just looked at pics of the red carpet.

Last edited:
Favorite:

Kate Winslet
Natalie Portman
Marisa Tomei
Taraji Henson
Heidi Klum
Jennifer Aniston
Anne Hathaway
Alicia Keys
Diane Lane

Least favorite:

Meryl Streep (way too matronly)
Miley Cyrus (ewww)
Whoopi Goldberg (What the...?)
Angelina Jolie (what's with the giant green earrings that don't match anything else?)
Madonna (really? You know you're 50, right?)
Jessica Biel (I agree... what's with all the cloth?)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.