Beginner to Cathe needs advice

Cleosmom

Cathlete
Hi everyone. I am coming out of lurkdom to ask for your advice. I am new to Cathe and step aerobics and have been doing Basic Step. I like it alot and am wondering which workout will I move to when I outgrow this one. Will it be Body Fusion or Low Impact Step? I appreciate any thoughts/comments from you. I can't wait to be as experienced as all of you! I am 45 yrs old and I am determined to be able to do Cathe's workouts till I'm 99!!

Thanks for your advice!

Sharon

I am new to Cathe, too, but have had some experience w/ The Firm and a little less experience re: step aerobics in general. I kind of fell out of the workout routine for SEVERAL years and am just now coming back. I can tell you what has been suggested to me! :)

1) Low Impact Step/Total Body Sculpt
2) Step Jam, Step Heat, and Step Max - all are on The Classics Vol 1 DVD (these were recommended b/c the choreography is broken down a little more than her newer step workouts - I am choreo challenged!)
3) High Step Circuit (I've been told this is easily modified for beginners/low impact)
4) Cardio & Weights (on DVD this is paired w/ IMAX2, which sounds like a workout I will have to work up to ;-) )

I have purchased all of these, just waiting for them to arrive! :7

Now, years ago when I was Firming, I considered giving Cathe a try (I was always kind of intimidated by her step workouts!) and got her Wedding tape, again, on recommendation by an experienced Cathe-ite. I kind of forgot about it, but pulled it out a few months ago. I **love** this tape! It's the only Cathe step workout I've actually done, so I'm really excited to get my DVDs and have been playing with different rotation ideas!

(I have several of her strength/endurance workouts...I think these workouts are easily modified for beginners just by using lighter weights, or even no weights on the lunges and floorwork.)

Definately check out the rotation forum and use the search feature - there is a Beginner/Intermediate thread and you can see what workouts are used in that rotation and let those serve as a jump-off point for building your Cathe library and creating a wishlist! ;)

The forums are a wealth of great info! I'm here everyday looking something up, and can usually find the answers to my questions - and more! - via the search function. :D

Hope this helps!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar06/flower02/lb/0/117/34/.png

Thank you so much!! I found exactly what I was looking for! I am printing it now. This is going to help alot!

Thanks again!

Sharon

Another good one for beginners is Cardio Hits (I prefer this to The Classics). Great workouts, very broken down so that you can easily learn the moves.

Good luck!!
Marie

Also consider Low Max from the Hard Core Series. Low-impact step with fun choreography and 7 burner-intervals that are very easy to learn, and fun to do.

A-Jock

Hi Sharon,

I found that Body Fusion and Low Impact Step were about the same in difficulty.(for me). The big difference is that in Body Fusion, you have a step segment, then a weight segment, and you go back and forth, where as Low Impact is straight step for about 35min. I would just watch the video once or twice before doing them to pick up the different moves.

Hope that helps a little.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.