Back On My Feet!

ashaw

Cathlete
I'm 2 weeks out from my sprained ankle and after spending the last 2 weeks doing Body Parts and subbing To The Mat: Legs & Glutes, I decided I was ready to go back to the Total Body phase. I did Tri Sets Total Body this morning and there was just enough lower body in it that I felt like I got a good workout. I'm thinking another week or two and I'll be ready for complete lower body workouts. I felt comfortable enough now that the swelling and bruising have gone away. There is still a tiny bit of tenderness, but the shoes I wear are very good stability shoes and support my feet and ankles well. I'm planning on 2 low impact cardio days and one yoga day on Thursday. I love Yoga Relax and might try Yoga Max this time around. Turbo Jam is really good because there are low impact modifiers in the workouts. I might also try Cardio Party and Rev'd Up Rumble from the LITE series. Anyways, it felt really good to be breaking back into lower body.

The day after my injury, I got a Mueller ankle support brace from Kroger for $15 and was very pleased with the quality. While I couldn't wear it with shoes, I wore it around the house and it supported my ankle and took away any discomfort that I felt while walking. It proves you don't have to spend a fortune to get a quality product. When I needed my knee brace last year, I found Bauerfiend and they were super expensive, but I got the brace I wanted for like $60 on ebay vs $200+ on their site. I love thrift websites like ebay, Poshmark, Mercari and Thredup. Things are so expensive now that any little bit of savings really adds up.

Mueller ankle support brace
I agree ashaw, I have this support brace too and it helps alot when I need to use it, and
I can use it for either foot....Mueller is good, I have their wrist support, back support, and
that's the brand I got in a knee support. OMG, can you imagine what I would look like
if I would have to use all of them at the same time? :):) I hope that doesn't happen!
I have an elbow support too, but that's Ace brand.

I agree ashaw, I have this support brace too and it helps alot when I need to use it, and
I can use it for either foot....Mueller is good, I have their wrist support, back support, and
that's the brand I got in a knee support. OMG, can you imagine what I would look like
if I would have to use all of them at the same time? :):) I hope that doesn't happen!
I have an elbow support too, but that's Ace brand.
You’d look like a bandaged up mummy!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.