ASC4--how do you like?

LauraMax

Cathlete
I got mine Saturday. :) You know, I keep thinking I'm used to Amy's style & I'll pick up her next w/o more easily, & I'm always wrong! LOL! I previewed Sat & Sun with the intention of trying it this morning, & it stressed me the he!! out! :D I thought I'd end up breaking an ankle.

BUT I stumbled through it fairly well & didn't injure myself. I'm still following Amy as the modifier & not doing the more complex stuff yet, but it is funfunfun! She is such a talented instructor, & very creative.

It's not quite as long as #2 & 3, but it is pretty high intensity. She has 4 combos, & she puts 1 & 2 together in the middle, & 3 & 4 at the end, but not all of them at the very end like ASC2 & 3.

My only 2 complaints are the music (I know I'm in the minority here, but I typically like older music & I just don't get most of the stuff she uses--that whistling song in the 2nd or 3rd combo was driving me crazy! But I did like the Exorcist music in the last combo LOL), and the outfits. The clothes looked great on Angela & Uchenna, but they're so form fitting they're not very flattering on the average woman's body. No woman wants people to be able see her belly button & muffin top through her clothes. :eek:

Other than that, I highly recommend this one--it is a total blast, & I think Amy looks beatiful & healthy after having that bouncing baby girl. :cool:

Oh how I wish I had your patience and ability to pick up complicated choreo Laura. I won't touch Amy or Tracy's step with a 10 foot pole because I know it would frustrate me instantly! :eek: Heck, I gave up on Cathe's 4DS step work outs and I just tried Step Moves over the weekend only to give up after 15 minutes. :rolleyes: I have Athletic Step on the way. Hopefully I'll do better with that one! I can do Rythmic Step though so who knows what my problem is. :p

Anyway, kudos to you and anyone else who can pick this stuff up! Enjoy it for me!:D

You guys are so funny! :D I used to be the same way--even Cathe's choreo intimidated me. It took me a year to learn RS! But once I tried Tracey & Amy I was totally hooked. The learning curve is well worth the time b/c they're so much fun! And they're both so different--Tracey is a bit more dancy, Amy is more athletic. Both of them kick my butt.

I'll always love Cathe's step, but I am totally addicted to these two now. ;)

I'm in the Uk and I'm DYING for them to get here! WIll probably be another two or three weeks though :( Have you tried the Hi lo Dynamics? :eek:

I also stumbled through it and loved it. Once I get it down pat it will really be fun. I really enjoy Amy also. My only dislikes were the over the top pink set(and I like the color pink). It also seemed overly crowded and the acoustics were not that great.

Tomorrow I have hi/lo on tap and can't wait to try that one. I think Amy does the best hi/lo in the business. :D

I like it. I thought it was easier to pick up than 2 and 3.
I thought combination 3 was short and combination 4 was the trickiest for me pick up. I kept missing that "v step switch"

I love the fact that I can do the whole workout in an hour.

I just got mine yesterday. I only had time to preview the first two combos, but it looks awesome. It might take me a bit to figure this one out, but I'm so excited to have some new, fun choreography.

I like it. I thought it was easier to pick up than 2 and 3.
I thought combination 3 was short and combination 4 was the trickiest for me pick up. I kept missing that "v step switch"

I love the fact that I can do the whole workout in an hour.

Yes, I was surprised at how short combo 3 was, & how long the other combos are--I think they're longer than her typical combos. I've got that V-step switch down. What I'm having trouble with is the shuffle 4/step kick/ lunges. I just can't seem to get that step kick after the shuffles! :confused:

These workouts sound like fun! Now I'm thinking of possible getting them.

Like I need to spend more money! LOL!

Too funny coz I've got an Amy's original ASC work out in my cart at collage...I'm debating...all these rave reviews have me curious...maybe I can actually learn it??? :eek:

C'mon guys! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! :)

In all seriousness, I've had to talk some people into trying Amy in the past, & they've always thanked me for it. :p

C'mon guys! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! :)

In all seriousness, I've had to talk some people into trying Amy in the past, & they've always thanked me for it. :p

So which one would you recommend I start with? I haven't purchased anything yet so I can still change it up! ;)

So which one would you recommend I start with? I haven't purchased anything yet so I can still change it up! ;)

For step, or any of her cardio? She has some pretty good KB workouts too. I really love In the Ring & Kickbox Surge. Rumble is good, but only if you have a heavy bag.

For step, try the original since you already have it--but preview first! At least once! ;)

I'm not a huge fan of her hi/lo--they all seem kind of repetitive to me, plus I have some foot issues & hi/lo makes me hurt. :(

Wendy, I think ASC2 is the hardest to learn so I wouldn't start with that one.
I have ASC1 but I have not done that one but I am planning on doing it this month.
So I would start with 3 or 4.

But if you think you are going to get frustrated then I wouldn/t try to do the whole workout in one sitting.

My recommended strategy is (if you have the time,) is to just tack on a combination to whatever workout you have planned for that day and only learn a combination at a time. If you workout 5 days a week, by the end of th week, you have hit all the combos. Then you can string them together for one long workout.

ASC4 was the only one that I jumped right in and did all the combinations.

Amy does include preview chapters for the more complex moves for ASC 2, 3, and 4. So for ASC4, yesterday, I did the warmup and ran through the preview chapters twice, and then this morning I jump right in.

I thought the preview chapter was pretty good.

Thank you LauraMax and CRM549.

I have Kickbox Surge in my cart too. I am loving k/b these days and this one looked pretty good. I used to have KB Extreme but sold it. I actually learned it the way CRM suggested by learning 1 combo at a time but when it came time to put it all together I just couldn't do it so I got mad and sold it. :p I will definitely try breaking the step combos down like that though b/c it's a great idea!

As for step, I guess I will start from the beginning since I already have 1 in my cart at Collage I'll give it a go.

I'm not interested in hi/lo. I have some hi/lo at home and it's fine but I'm not looking to add to my collection.

Thanks again ladies!

If it is not too late I will chime in and advise you to get ASC3 first. I have all of them and ASC2 and 3 both have tutorial sections for the harder moves. If you are new to Amy, I think those might make the workouts less intimidating to you....

Amy is AWESOME! She really is. I Love her hi lo and kickbox the most though. Although the choreography is harder to pick up than cathe's. Her kickbox surge really is excellent. And I love her hi'lo cardio knockout (but it's hi/lo, not kickbox). They really are quite intense. But she deliberately doesn't break down the moves, so if you don't like that, don't get them.

ASC1 is the least polished, I think. It is an awesome workout... but sometimes I trip on some of the moves, it is very high impact.

However, I love Amy :) I really do. I just wish the post was faster from America to England!! :)

If it is not too late I will chime in and advise you to get ASC3 first. I have all of them and ASC2 and 3 both have tutorial sections for the harder moves. If you are new to Amy, I think those might make the workouts less intimidating to you....

Ok, it's not too late. The 2 votes for ASC 3 wins it! Thank you ladies! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.