Anyone else starting this week?

audogs

Just received my DVD's today (3/9). I don't have all the equipment I know I'll need, but should have enough to get started this week. I want to preview most of week 1 before I start, and I'd love to have a newbie buddy to compare notes with!

Julie~Spokane

I got my home gym set up and started disc 1 on Sunday, will do disc 2 on Tuesday. I had to do table top push ups for most of the push ups. I bought a pull up bar to install on my door for disc 2 tomorrow. I cannot do full pull ups but will put the bar about chest high and will do pull ups with my body at a slant to the bar.

I just got my DVDs yesterday and was planning to do my 1RMs tomorrow and start Disk 1 on Monday. I have to admit I'm a little scared :)

Nothing to fear!!

Hi-

Look forward to your STS workouts! There is nothing to fear at all. There may be some portions of the workout that may be challenging but once you start doing the program you will find future exercises easier.

I just started the Hypertrophy phase this week and am finding it easier than I had thought it would be. I need to buy heavier weights, tho so that may be one reason it's easier!! Ha!! My heaviest are only 20 # dumbells-I do have a bar with weights and smaller weights that I can build into heavier weights but that is time consuming.

Good luck to you!! Nita:p

I started last week, and now wonder why I waited so long. These are very good work-outs. I am doing legs twice in a week because I love working legs. I started week 2 today with disk 4, phew, it is a goodie.

STS Newbie! I begin this week!

Okay...I am new, too!
:eek: I am stll trying to figure out the 1RM test...have you done it yet?
~susan

Starting 3/15!

I just did the 1RM for disc one so that I can start tomorrow. I'll probably just wing it for disc 2 cuz I was grumbling about the time it took to do it then the necessity of going on-line to enter the data, etc.

Julie~Spokane

I was planning to do the 1RM over the weekend, but I ended up guesstimating what weight I could use for 10 reps for each exercise on disk 1 and entered that into the 1RM calculator so I could get the workout card. I did Disk 1 on Saturday, and some of the target weights were right on, but others I had to adjust. I just took notes on each of the exercises, how many reps I actually did, was the weight too heavy, too light, etc. so I just plan to take those notes into consideration for the next workout. I guess I was too anxious to get started.....and doing all of the 1RMs for real seemed like a workout in itself.

Starting STS April 5th

I'm on week 12 of P90X, next week will be final week and then the week after that I'm committing to doing all of my 1RM's. So April 5th is my official STS kickoff!!

I just started disc two of phase one. I just guessed on the weight too. I really love the workouts! They go so fast!! :D

I'm planning to do disc 2 of meso 1 tonight and I uploaded my guesses for 1RMs this morning so I could print out my workout card.

Re-Starting Monday

I am planning to re-start on Monday since I got sick and had a vacation for the past week. (I couldn't be sick on my vacation!! :p Instead I decided to take it easy) I got through weeks 1 through 3 doing a five-month rotation, and I absolutely loved it! I would recommend doing the one-rep max testing because it made my life much easier - the workouts are really fast-paced and it's nice to know what weight you should be lifting ahead of time. Also, then you know you're right where you're supposed to be. Good luck to everyone!! Just jump in and have fun!!:eek:

I did disc 2 last night. While I was doing the workout I felt great, felt like I was working really hard, but afterwards I sort of felt like I didn't do enough, or didn't work as hard as I should be. I'm not sure why. I was never winded - maybe that's my issue. I'm not sore today (yet), but I couldn't have done any additional reps or used heavier weight with good form. I did make notes on my workout cards of what I can tweak the next time around.

I also previewed Disc 3 - the legs.......I'm not good at working legs and I have to tell you that while I'm really excited about trying this disc, I can already feel the pain of trying to sit in my chair the next day! :) It looks awesome, but really tough - even Cathe was breathing really heavy through some of the exercises.

Anybody tried the abs circuits yet? I meant to do one this morning, but was running late and didn't get to it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.