Anyone else addicted to their iPad?

rjroubi

Cathlete
This week I finally received my 3G iPad and I have to admit I'm totally addicted. It goes everywhere I go. I know so many people that say they have no use for it, but all I can say is I absolutely love it....my Kindle has now been relegated to a corner and hardly ever touched. I read all my Kindle books and news on my iPad now (no additional lighting ever required -- the back lighting can be easily adjusted for where ever you choose to read). At work, I easily prop the iPad up in it's case and read the daily news with ease. It should be also noted that I have an iPhone 4 but hardly ever use it for the daily stuff (I can't help but love the large screen offered by the iPad)....I also prefer to type all my emails on the iPad. I've read people don't like the keyboard but I have no problem with it. As a matter of fact, I'm surprised it's so awesome and easy to use.

It's just so much better than I ever expected!

PS. I have no affiliation with the company....I just think it's a wonderful and useful toy. :)

Yes, I LOVE my iPad! I got it for Mother's Day (an unexpected check came from my dad's estate so I treated myself to this toy!) It couldn't have come at a more convenient time as our computer crashed the same week and we have been without one while it is being repaired. I would have been lost without my iPad! I type faster on my iPad then on a regular keyboard. I downloaded Kindle for free & iPad's eBook.. I'm reading a book on it the past couple weeks and also have The Bible downloaded so I take it to church with me too! I felt the white background with black writing was a bit bright in church so I reversed it with black background and white writing and it's perfect. I love the fact that you can change the font size, which makes for much easier reading. The color for videos and pictures is unbelievable, so vivid! I am still trying to decide which case to buy. I've heard negative reviews about the iPad version case saying it gets dirty easily and not easy to clean??? Also, that it looks like it would wear easily on the corners...just going by reviews I've read...all-in-all, I love it! Thanks DAD! :D

I got one for mother's day, too, however, I'm not addicted to mine. I really do prefer a real computer for most stuff, but if I'm on the go, it's great. My mom's sick so I've been away from home caring for her and I have some workouts loaded on it, and well, it's been a huge win in general when I'm away from home!

It's on my birthday list!

Is it easy to adjust too? I'm dying to get one - I barely get to read and work all the time. I think this will come in handy reading documents and responding to emails. Is it very compatible and easy to go back and forth from your computer to your ipad?

I am so addicted to mine, I am losing sleep over it! Seriously, up until 2 am many nights because I am having such a blast playing games, cruising the net, and reading books on it. :)

I also got mine for Mother's Day. :D I still grab my laptop most of the time at home when I need to type much because I do find it easier. I make enough typos already. LOL I also gave my Kindle to my DD. :D I was happy that I was able to transfer my Amazon books to it and enjoy reading on it more than the Kindle. I loved the convenience of taking it on vacation this year instead of a laptop and being able to throw it in my purse and go. Of course, now I'm going to have to have a pretty big purse all the time. :p

I am pretty addicted to Words With Friends on it though. :eek: If anyone wants to play, my user name is pugw. ;) Just start a game with me. :D

Is it easy to adjust too? I'm dying to get one - I barely get to read and work all the time. I think this will come in handy reading documents and responding to emails. Is it very compatible and easy to go back and forth from your computer to your ipad?

Oh yes, it's so easy to adjust and use. I'm not a techie by any stretch of the imagination and I'm not having any issues with learning how to use it. If you ever used an itouch or iphone you should have no problem at all -- even if you didn't, I think it would be fairly easy to figure out.

I also like that I no longer have to subscribe to the NY Times on my Kindle (it goes up to $19.99 a month for the long time Kindle subscribers in October -- I believe, it's currently that price for other users). I now get all the current news off the iPad. (I never liked reading it off my phone.)

I have posted about mine a few times on this forum, so it's safe to say I'm addicted. Using it now, in fact. I tend to carry mine around the house with me so i don't have to stop whatever I'm doing when I get up to do something else. :)

I sold my Kindle to help pay for my iPad...there is just no comparison. I thought the Kindle was fine for doing the one thing it's designed for, as long as you can tolerate the sluggish page turns and lack of wifi (no AT&T or Sprint where i live, either).

Anyway, i use mine for all casual web browsing, listening to music, playing some games (I too am addicted to Words with Friends, although I usually play with my husband in pass-n-play mode). I even tried to get some work done with it one time, but the apps and OS just aren't there yet...give it time, though!

I have a question.

I don't have the ipad, but have an iphone. I have a terrible time typing on the iphone because I have very long fingernails. I find that to touch the type pad on the phone I have to turn my finger sideways so the pad of my finger touches and not the fingernail. It is seriously annoying, slows me down, and makes me very prone to errors in text messages and what not.

My question is, would I have the same issue with the ipad keyboard? Just curious!

Jeanne, I think you would find the iPad's keyboard much easier to use. The letters and numbers are much larger.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.