Any opinions on buying a used treadmill. . .

DeborahG

Cathlete
from a gym? Has anyone done that and had a good/bad experience? My husband's gym is replacing all of their Precor treadmills and is selling them off for $300. On the one hand, that's pretty cheap, but on the other hand, we're talking about treadmills that have a LOT of miles on them. Any insights as to whether it's worth the risk?

Thanks for any input you guys/gals may have,

Deborah

Treadmill Doctor has a buyers guide: http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Treadmill-Buyers-guide

This includes a questionnaire about how the treadmill is to be used. The total number of points you rack up determines how much you would have to spend on a new treadmill that should meet your needs. If you could get by with a $900 treadmill, then $300 for a heavily used and abused commercial model might not be worth the risk.

Could your husband do his own repairs? Treadmill Doctor does sell some Precor parts. There is also a troubleshooting section for various treadmill problems.

I am afraid I don't have any experience with buying a used treadmill. Good luck in getting a more helpful response that answers your question.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.