Any Cardio Coach fans use iTrain?

Gayle

Cathlete
I'm a huge Cardio Coach fan - love Coach Sean and the music. I have them all. For those of you who are familiar with both CC and iTrain, would I like the iTrains as well?

I've checked out a few of their sample clips, specifically the iCycles, but they're not long enough to really get a good feel for either the music or the coaching style.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I share your love for Cardio Coach and it's almost the only cardio I do. I have 2 iTrain workouts, both of which are iClimbs. While I prefer Cardio Coach, the iClimbs are very good and make for a pleasant change once in awhile. My favorite is a 20 min HIIT - set 6, I think. It's great on days when you're pressed for time.

There are certain advantages to having an audio workout geared specifically to your machine. I have an elliptical trainer and the iClimbs are meant to be used with stair climbers and ellipticals, making it a tad easier than CC to choose the proper settings.

OTOH iClimbs, at least the 2 workouts I downloaded, don't include a cool down like CC. I don't suppose it makes much difference, but I really enjoy that cool down period and I like the feeling that Coach Sean is still there with me to the bitter end.

iTrain's are cheap enough that I'd recommend buying one just to see what you think.

HTH:)

I have both itrain and CC. I have found that I enjoy both itrain and CC on the bike. However, for some reason (I think it is just me) I really like using iclimb workouts on the elliptical and didn't really get into the CCs that I tried on the elliptical. I don't know why. I think it might have to do with sprinting on the elliptical. My legs just don't do that on that machine.

The coach on the iclimb and icycle workouts is Keith Irace and I personally like him a lot. He isn't annoying at all. The music is pretty good and the workout is pretty much directed by the beat of the music. I like them for variety and like Michele said, they are pretty inexpensive so giving one a try won't break the bank. I have a lot of the icycles and while I can't remember the ones that I really like. I remember I didn't like icycle 2 or 3 (40 min). I think that the newer icycles are a bit better.

Karin

Gayle, I started first with the iTtrain workouts. I use them specifically on my Elliptical. I tried a couple of Cardio Coaches and Sean has a nice voice, but like Karin I prefer the iClimbs with Keith for my Elliptical. True, sprinting does not work to well on my Elliptical either, but I can do the double time fairly well with the iClimbs. Also Keith uses a 1-10 resistance scale and that is exactly what my Elliptical has..:)

I started with CC on my treadmill (which I liked), and then discovered Itrain. I love Itread to run. It has more workouts and better music (in my opinion). The hour flys by. I tried an Icycle on my spin bike, but couldn't get into it. So, I stick to Spinervals on the bike. I havent used my CC in months. I did prefer the warmup/cooldowns with CC however.

Hope that helps.

I use both Cardio Coach and iTread, iClimb, & iCycles and enjoy them all. My all time favorites so far are the iTri workouts (in the iTread section - # 8 & # 12 – I think). They use the treadmill, elliptical, and bike so you’re never doing one piece of equipment for too long (which was pretty tough for my knee for a few months).

iTrain’s are not as choreographed as Cardio Coaches but you’ll find some favorites. For me right now it’s iTread13 Sprints and iTread14 – 45 minutes, they’re great interval workouts that make time fly.

I say buy a couple and give them a shot. If you purchase them individually, you’re not obligated to buy more. If you enjoy them, then you can pick up one of the plans where you join.

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back