Another STS 2 Rotation

Debinmi

Cathlete
I know some of you follow 2Lazy4Gym's blog for reviews of Cathe workouts. She has posted a rotation for STS 2 that I think is worth a look for those of you looking for a different way to put together the series. I think the new workouts can be easily substituted into it. Here it is:

I saw that rotation posted, too, and I'm glad you posted it here.

I have played with the rotation a bit to suit me and made each week more of a round (because I need some of my pilates/kettlebell days and also true rest days) so each round lasts longer than a week.

I think it's an excellent framework. A great way to utilize STS 2.0. And you're right, the new 2023 workouts are easily subbed in as well as other Cathe series. :cool:

I have played with the rotation a bit to suit me and made each week more of a round (because I need some of my pilates/kettlebell days and also true rest days) so each round lasts longer than a week.

I think it's an excellent framework. ....
I think it's a great idea to think of any rotation as a framework to individualize it. I also like your idea of a "round". I usually think of "weeks" which can be limiting. Interestingly, I think Cathe's User Guide for the new workouts seems to emphasize modifying them to suit your needs or preferences. (I need or prefer a full rest day too).

I love this idea. I often need to insert extra recovery days, or miss days due to work, so I tend not to stick to rotations because they are done by week. I did one of Cathe's monthly rotations a while ago and I found it really hard going and never did another one. I am either having to skip exercises or take extra time which makes me feel like I'm behind. But if I think of it as doing those workouts in a 9- or 10-day round that would work better for me. Sure, it will take longer than 4 weeks, but I could probably work on a 4 round rotation taking around 5-5.5 weeks.

..... I am either having to skip exercises or take extra time which makes me feel like I'm behind. But if I think of it as doing those workouts in a 9- or 10-day round that would work better for me. Sure, it will take longer than 4 weeks, but I could probably work on a 4 round rotation taking around 5-5.5 weeks.
That's exactly how I feel, Hazlady!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.