Anna - "Bernard" Where are you???? Yohooooo...

runathon

Cathlete
Anna, how are you doing? I haven't heard from you for so long...:D

How are your workouts (kickbox) coming along???? How about the children???

Kids/hubby keeping you busy????

Come on out here and give us some more beauty tips! }(

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon

Yes, Anna, how is life in Nottingham?

Come back, we miss you! Surely you must have a question, or six?

Cheers,

Clare

RE: Anna - "Bernard" Where are you??...

Hi Runathon ! Hi Clare !

WOO HOO !!!!!! I'm here !

How are you both ? Keeping well, I hope !

Its very kind of you to ask after me :) My family are all well.

My workouts are coming along great, I've progressed onto Christi Taylor & Powerstrike now as well as Cathe, with Pilates after my cardio to keep things all mixed up. I am about to embark on Lotte Berk next week, it looks pretty intense, so wish me luck !

The weight is slowly coming off, I've lost 14 lbs since mid May, I am now the same weight I was last Summer. I don't mind its coming off slowly, I've heard its better that way !

The piccies of Cathe's new workouts look fantastic, I seriously cannot wait for the new Kickbox workout, I can't wait for the pictures from it ! There is definitely more to appeal to me in this new series than the Intensity series. Can't wait for the reviews either !

Hmmm, beauty tips, well, the new Autumn/Winter OPI Colour Collection came out last week, called The British Collection. Lots of red hues, berry shades, nude, blush, dusky pink......its great !!!!!
Check out some of the nail polish names, Clare !

http://www.opi.com

Life in Nottingham is good and thankfully a lot cooler now !!!! :) We were passing out the other week, TOO hot for Blighty ! :eek: In fact, you can tell Autumn is on its way, the nights are getting chilly now.

How are things with you both ? :)

Take Care

Anna :)

Anna,

I'm so glad you posted. I've been thinking about you all weekend. I went out Friday night & bought some new OPI (Up the Amazon without a paddle). I did my toes & fingers with it. Lovely!

No way! Nail "Pawlish" for dogs!?! How funny! I have a teensy, tiny Maltese who would just be APPALLED if I painted her nails with "Poodle Pink!" Bwah ha ha!

Shari

Shari,

OPI is a relatively expensive ($8 a bottle here in NJ) nail polish for humans, not dogs. LOL It's probably the best on the market. Goes on nicely, lasts a long time. The colors can't be beat.

RE: Anna - "Bernard" Where a...

Hey Anna:

good to hear from you! I have been following the reports of weather in UK, Spain and France, and I was so worried, it sounded terrible. Europe just isn't set up to cope with such conditions. Forest fires, people dying...I can't imagine what it must have been like for my sisters working in stuffy offices in LOndon and commuting!!! The commuter trains used to be bad enough in regular Summer weather. I am sooo glad for you that the Autumn chills are on their way: don't you just love that moment when the cool evenings return? I thrill to it out here in MIchigan: September and October are just such fabulous months, you can do a Cathe workout and just produce the 'normal" amounts of sweat!!!

Re:OPI

Fee Fi Fo Plum and Abbey Rose......LOVE THEM!!!!!!

But no matter what I do using OPI chip skip, base coat, two coats of polish, top coat......my polish on my hand nails lasts no longer than 2 or 3 days, and that's even wearing rubber gloves to wash up. But on my toenails I have to dinamite it off, it lasts for weeks!!!!!!!!!

Anything else I can do to get it to stay put for , perhaps, 7 days?!?!?! After all, it's not cheap stuff......

I agree with you, the I-series was/is a little disappointing, the highlights being, for me, the PLB and PUB. But the cardios on the Blast series have me seriously excited!!!!!! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!!! Can you tell I can't wait?!?!?!?!

My family are doing well, thanks for asking: my kids are now nearly 10 and 7 and next week, I will have been married for 10 years, and I looked at my lovely man in shock yesterday when I realized!! My kids are getting enormous, long limbs, beautiful skin, healthy glossy hair, they seem to thrive on Summer! My big girl is starting to change into puberty, it's interesting to watch....

My work is going better, my depression is lifting I think, and I feel so much more confident and assured about what I am doing academically, so, right now, life looks good and I'm happy to be where I am.

How about you? What plans and projects do you have? When are you planning that Anthropology degree?

See ya

Clare :7

Too funny! The little boxer pup is adorable! My boxer hates the smell of nail polish. Whenever I open a bottle, she goes ballistic!

Hi Anna,

Which kickboxing workouts are your favorites. I have Cathe (both), Powerstrike, Taebo, K. Smith, Eversley Forte, XKO (Larry Lam). Getting a little bored and would like to get some new ones. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mar:)

Hi Deborah !

Hope you are well ! I love Up The Amazon Without A Paddle ! :) If you like it, you will probably like Cha Ching Cherry, which is like a deeper version of it !

RE: Anna - "Bernard" Where a...

Hi Clare ! :)

I am so pleased you are feeling better, and life is good ! It is great, isn't it, when everything is running smoothly ? :) Makes such a difference ! :D

I too, am feeling much better and confident, losing a stone in weight (so far) has really helped ! And I am still in the process of learning to drive, I've just passed my driving theory test, which means I can now apply to do my practical driving test, when I am ready. Learning is still going great so once I pass the driving test, the world is my oyster, well at least the UK is ! LOL I plan on driving down to Stonehenge, and showing it to the children.

And then, I'll be able to apply for University/access courses to do Archaeology. Yep, I still want to do it, and I am very determined too.

Isn't it amazing how quickly children grow up ???? I can't believe your children are 10 and 7 ! My children are 6, 4, and 2 1/2 now, it only seems like yesterday when my youngest was a baby ! Time just seems to fly by !

Re:OPI

Clare, I too cannot keep polish on my fingernails, it is a nightmare, so I can sympathise. Some Ladies can keep polish on nails for up to 10 days, some, like me, mine chips 24-48 hours after application. Some nails can be oilier than others. However, I have a couple of tricks that may help:

1. Any grease on the bare nail before applying base coat, polish and top coat, can cause polish to lift off. So, before applying base coat, wipe over each nail with a nail wipe dampened with polish remover, this dissolves any grease present.

And

2. When you apply each layer of polish, base/top coat, seal in the free edge of the nail. So once you have applied each coat, gently run the brush along the edge of the nail. If your nails are very long, you can also take the top coat underneath the nail, for extra protection. By sealing in the free edge, it stops water/air getting under the layers of polish.

Then I would re-apply the top coat every other day, and seal in the free edge too. Salons normally recommend every other day, but I don't see why every day wouldn't harm, as long as the fresh layer of top coat wasn't too thick. It also keeps that gorgeous OPI shine going on the nails too.

Hope this helps ! You'll have to let me know how you get on.

And, Abbey Rose is gorgeous, I have that one, and there is also a matching lipstick with that one.

Take Care, Clare !

Hi Mar,

I have a couple of Kickboxing vids by Debbie Burns (as well as Cathe, Powerstrike), although her focus is more on upper body punching drills, than actual kicking. They are lower impact, but good fun and challenging. Debbie Burns is a pleasant, enthusiastic instructor. The two vids I have are 'TKO' and CIA 2205 'Two Workouts in One'. I would start with CIA first. Check out the reviews on VF, and CK Sales seems to be the only place I have seen TKO on sale.

I hope she makes some more workouts in the future.

Hope this helps !

Anna, nice to know you are doing well...

Well, well, well....so you finally come out of hiding! }(

It is so nice to hear from you. Could you tell some of us missed you "around" the forums? hmmmm ;-)

Congratulations on your weight loss and thanks for your beauty tips!

I am on vacation this week...so I haven't been able to get on my computer much...but, I will be back next week with a vengeance!!!

Take care and keep updating us on the new Opi colors and any new beauty tip you have up your sleaves...:p

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.