Alwyn, TT, Kettlebellers, etc for Mon Sept 8

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did P90X+ Total Body and the hanging ab segments of Abs/core with ankle weights on. Workout was 64" and I burned 450 calories.

Thanks for all of the well wishes yesterday. I'm hanging in there.

I think I aggravated my disc bulge. I moved a certain way yesterday and heard a pop and now I have INTENSE pain with severe headache and nothing seems to help it. I'm afraid I've protruded my disc further. I hope not though. I've been alternating heat and ice packs all morning. My low back is also acting up. I think stress isn't helping. This will make for an extremely long Monday at work.

Have great workouts everyone.

Hi Girls.

Yesterday was a flop. No work out...AGAIN! GRRRR.

Today's plan is a short TM run and some weight work at home.

BBL!

Hello ladies!

Makin' sure to check in before the day takes over and I don't get a chance! The weekend was pretty hectic and I never even got to look at my computer :confused: Was feeling some PC withdrawal by this morning.

Lora, nice to see you here! Hope all is going well with you.

Wendy, story of my weekend! Total flop workout wise. It happens. But I did the first four sections of Weber's KB workout this morning and will take a walk at lunch to get back on track. You'll feel better after you get your workout in today ;)

Hi Jacque! Hope you had a good weekend!

Gotta work, but will check back soon~

Jen

Good morning ladies !

Done with my CTX Power Circuits. I like this one a bunch 'cuz during the cardio you do light leg work in between, reminding me of Freestyle. Then with LL later in the week it will be two leg workouts.

Wendy, got my new shoes and hope to get outta work early enough to squeeze in a short run. If I can get motivated I'll go outdoors and do my 4.67 mile loop. We'll see . . . :rolleyes:

Lora - Sure hope you get your back into better shape soon. :confused: I skipped my deadlifts today 'cuz I think I sat around too much this weekend and it is sore. Continued thoughts for less stressful days for you.

Wendy - well we all had company in not working out yesterday - so I guess you could say we are all "on track" with each other? ? ? :p Hope today fares better for you with a run and weights at home.

Jen - way to get a movin' this AM. Good job walking at lunch too. Wish I could do that but I'd be too sweaty as it is too warm here to walk around. Then again, I like to come to this board at lunch so, hmmmm . . . walk vs Cathe forums . . .;)

Hey Lori - hope your weekend finished up well after Sat nite's fun.

Happy day ladies !

Hi Girls.

Back on track today! I did a 2 mile hilly run with Grace and the 39 min standing legs n glutes premix after work today. FUN FUN! ;)

Glad I wasn't alone in the zero work outs weekend. What killed me wasn't so much the fact that I didn't work out cause I was certainly busy. What killed was the way that I ate! JUNK! I'd start out healthy and end up eating nothing but crap!:eek:

Back to good eating today though. It's much easier to do during the week!

GTG for now but I'll be back!:)

Wendy - nice run and I love the B&G premix - it's a tough one ! I took a couple extra rest days the past few weeks and with my Labor Day weekend trip did not eat like I should have. So since last week I have been extremely good (for me). My only cheat has been Miller GD 64. Mind you sometimes I have a couple, but for 64 cals, the taste quenches in the heat - we've been over 100 for a few days and are finally back down to the 80's.

I cut out the fruit, chips, bread, crackers, etc. I didn't weigh after the trip, but the other day after 5 days I was down to my lowest all year (about 2 - 3 lbs. less than normal lately).

I'm happy and hoping I can keep it up for another week and then I'll add back my fruits and see what happens. This is my last week of the 4DS/CTX rotations and there was a killer workout posted in Open Discussion last week. I need to find it and print it out. Think I'm gonna try that one next since it looks like STS is still a ways away. :eek:

Until later.

Hi ladies,

Have any of you done Alwyn's Afterburn II? I can't find another soul out there that is doing/ has done this program. Surely there must be someone out there?!

Jacque mentioned over the weekend that maybe some of you have done the first AB. Just curious what you thought about it.

Deana,

I did the Phase 1 of Afterburn. It was awesome but then my exercise ADD took over that was all she wrote! LOL Jen (IrishRose) who checks in here with us did the first 3 phases of Afterburn I think . She also did the Warp Speed Fatloss program. She liked them both.

HTH!:)

great, thanks for the feedback. I know what you mean about the ADD thing. I imagine it gets boring doing the same exercises after a while. I haven't done the 1st afterburn, but I'm just loving Afterburn II.

Hey Ladies:) This is the first time I have used this color. Reminds me of a can of Mountain Dew:)

Im on my 2nd night shift, just got here and can't wait for it to be over. Usually my nights are low key but when I looked out the window last night there was a plane taxing up:mad: I thought it was going next door, until I realized it was parked in the middle, which usually means that it is ours:mad: I had nothing on it at all and wasn't expecting anything last night.Oh and this was 2 in the morning:confused: When I got home, the dogs were outside b/c of the work being done on the basement. So I crawl into my nice bed with my nice p.js on, and whaddya know, the dogs start to bark. I swear they bark at flies sometimes. I take my pillow and go into DD's bedroom, forgetting that they are building houses across the st...and then the hammers start...then I take my pillow again and go back into my own bed. 30 mins later the dogs start to bark again, when I go to get up to tell them to SHUT UP, my leg is wrapped around the bed sheet and DOWN i go:eek: I had soooo much broken sleep that it was just as well if I didn't get any!

Anyway...yesterdays workout was a 25 min hill run mixed in with HST. And todays run was a 20k run outside. Im not sure where I got the energy on the that one!

Lora** How are things going? Hang in there girl! You will get through it!

Wendy** I think we can justify the nasty food when we workout, right? I took atleast 2 rest days last week and thats not like me at all. Im going to have to rest more though b/c during todays run my right knee started acting up. Im not sure about this upcomming race, I think I have bitten off more then I can chew:eek:

Jen** Hope work isn't to crazy for you today!

Jaqcue** I haven't done CTX in ages...I really like those workouts and I REALLY like the UB work. I had a good time Sat night but I was so tired on Sun. Sun was suppose to be my long run day but there was no way I could do that and didn't get it done until today.

I think Ive caught up with personals! BBL!
Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.