Afterburn

Fitnessforfun

Afterburn was the first workout I chose to do yesterday. I never thought I would be saying this, but it gives the "Insanity" workouts stiff competition but without all the plyo work. It felt good to work so hard but not have all the ponding! This is one tough workout. However, I am disappointed that one of my Slide and Guide disk already has a crack on it. I accidentially stepped on the side rather than the middle when starting one of the exercises and now there is a little crack on the end. I hope it doesn't grow bigger.

Did one of the Low Impact Challenge Premixes this morning followed by one of the Yoga Relax Premixes. Both great workouts but it will take me a few times to get the steps down correctly in Low Impact Challenge. I get confused b/c Cathe is facing us and it is hard to follow her when she is doing some of the tricky moves. I wish she could have a little box in th corner with her facing the same way we are for us step challenged people.

Overall, I am very pleased with this series and can't wait until Cathe posts the rotation.

I spent the past 3 days trying to learn Low Impact Challenge and have made great progress, finally "getting" the transitions between the shortened segments when Cathe put the combos together. I did a lot of rewinding and used the "slow" button on my remote, although you lose the audio when you do that. I concluded that I was overthinking some of the most complex segments and they were more simple than they initially appeared. This isn't the first time this has happened (Step Moves comes to mind). The moves in LIC are fast. Watching the TV screen and translating the moves to a mirror image is one thing, but switching sides (creating another mirror image of the mirror image) and turning your back to the TV make learning even more difficult. Sometimes it is better to just let the program run at full speed, allowing yourself to make mistakes but knowing at least you're keeping moving. In all likelihood, you'll catch on and realize that the choreography isn't as complex as you first thought. It's a burden being compulsively perfectionist. I haven't even tried any of the other new LIS programs yet because I am so obsessed with conquering LIC (I fear that any progress that I make will be lost if I don't reinforce it soon by repeating the program). Good luck with LIC. I'm finally starting to like it after overcoming my initial frustration. For what it's worth, learning it was not nearly as difficult as Step Moves was for me.

Thanks and good to know I am not the only one struggling to learn the moves. I did like you said and just keep going and moving. I am sure after I have done it several times, it will all flow perfectly (at least I hope). Although I have to say that I am struggling with the step moves in 4D's.

It occurs to me that the crack in your S&G disk might be a manufacturing defect in which case I'm sure you could get a replacement at no charge from Customer Service. You should be able to step on the side of the disk without cracking it since your heel is supposed to hang over the edge. I haven't seen anyone else on the Forum mention cracks. You should contact Customer Service.

P.S. I just tried Afterburn and got as far as the 6th interval before I decided to give my legs a break until tomorrow. To reinforce my learning of Low Impact Challenge, I did the compilation of combos 1-4 again. I messed up a couple of the transitions...again. The program is so fast that Cathe doesn't have time to cue what's coming next, so you need to memorize it and I haven't yet. It just takes time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.