? about my fitness pal

Chris801

Cathlete
For those of you that use it, how do you long in your strength work outs? Do you put in every rep/set?.
How do you know cals burned?
Thanks
Christie

Christie,

Go into cardio and strength training is listed. I don't know why they don't have and easier strength section but its under cardio.

Do you add every exercise or just do general strength?
I'm doing another sts rotation and don't want sit and put in everything.
Right now I just put say 60 mins of weight lifting. But I'd like to be more accurate.

Christie

You can go in and add a workout but you still have to log it as cardio or put in all your reps that is why I just log general.

I also log my weight workouts as cardio on MFP. If you do it the other way around, it's too time consuming adding every single exercise. Hope this helps!

I do the same, log the weight workouts under cardio, or it doesn't let you put the time and calories burned.

You can add a workout ( for example if you do a Cathe workout or another DVD) to your database, so the next time you can just "pick" it from there and put in the time and calories burned.

P.S I use a heart rate monitor to get the calories burned.

Gonnabe-I do only because I don't eat enough otherwise barely net 800 and its also the way myfitnesspal is set up if you eat 1200 and burn 300 you are only netting 900 and thats not healthy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.