? about fitbit flex and mfp

Chris801

Cathlete
I'm trying to get the most accurate info
so for those who use both do you put all you exercise and food into mfp or the fitbit or both?
it seems a little off to me on my fitness pal
like yesterday I went for a long run but bit seems like it didn't count all my steps. I put my info (calories and time) in from my garmin but it seems like I should have had more steps.
make sense?
and this morning I did disk #13 sts it didn't show in my activity level on my fitbit and yoga doesn't seem to show either
I'm I doing something wrong? (I only got it sat so I'm still figuring it out)

Thanks
Christie

Hi,

sorry you are having problems with your Fit Bit.... I use a Polar F4 and I do use MFP, log calories burned, and food....

sorry I could not help...there are a lot of people on here that have a FitBit...so you should see some good help..

I have had my fitbit zip for a little over a week. So far I think it is really fun to monitor my steps during the day and it motivates me to walk a little more than I might to see my steps go up (I have no idea what that is, but it works). What I notice, though, is that when I'm doing weights or exercises where I don't move around a lot, it doesn't register. Overall, I think it is great for a general, and relatively accurate, count of steps, but it won't be exact. Also, b/c it doesn't count those times when you aren't moving in a walking fashion it can't keep accurate count of calories b/c it can't measure intensity. B/c of that I think the calorie count may be in question. When I compare how many calories the workout compendium count vs. the fitbit there is a big discrepancy. The fitbit calculates much, much lower. It may be that you just have to accept a more general reading than a very specific one. Hope that helps.

I think I have it figured out. I enter all info to my fitbit and it adjust on my fitness pal so you don't enter both places. pretty simple!
I'm loving my new little gadget! borderline obsessed!

thanks
Christie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.