40's- Resolutions

Hi girls! Did yoga today, Jennifer Aniston's guru, made me appreciate Cathe's cueing! Pretty scenery, but always had to keep looking up to see what I was supposed to be doing. No videos here yesterday, maybe tomorrow? Lisa, how was your Christmas? Roxie, glad you had fun! Jody, do you have plans to ring in the new year? My folks are taking the kids, not sure what DH and I will do? Have a good Sunday! Mary

Good Morning,

I will try and do a stretch and the TM but my left knee is hurting. We are expecting 2-3" of snow tomarrow. I am only working long enough to deliver oxygen was suppose to babysit dds stepson but his other grandfather is going to watch him which is good there is some stuff I need to do tomarrow like go to the grocery store.

Mary-I hope your workouts come tomarrow I haven't even looked at them or the book yet.

Jody-RS is one workout that when I saw it the first time on Fittv which is where I found Cathe I thought I really wanted to do but it is just so confusing so I haven't ever done it.

Wish me luck, off to rob a bank this morning.
Lisa, saw your post yesterday, 11 hours of sleep? Catch up is nice, but you sounded discombobulated. Roxie, I'm only counting on RS a warm up or low intensity until I learn it but even then, I think it is too steady state for it to be a go to. I should prob put the effort into LIS LIC but I like the music, etc of RS. Mary, there is a groupon for a hot yoga class I am itching to do. 40 for a month of unlimited classes but who knows how many I'd actually get to. ttyl

OMG, I just realized why no one was posting on the other thread.....it's a NEW week! I think I've lost track of what day it is (and yes a bit discombobulated Jody). If I didn't show up was someone going to let me know that I was on the wrong week? So, today I did Xtrain BS ch/sh/ba and the bonus rear delts w/o too. The muscles feel like they've been worked good. Not sure I like using the bands with the superman....heck I don't like doing superman :)

Jody, I forget what the code is for robbing a bank? job interview? boy? When does school start again? Time's been getting away from me lately (especially yesterday---maybe because I got up so late!). Had lunch with DS20, talked with DS23...DIL got fired :( You will never guess why.....the floor manager over heard her say the f word to a co-worker/friend (not in a bad way, just say the word), no customers were around. I think it's crazy. She is going to go talk to the store mgr today, I just hope that she doesn't get dis-qualified somehow from unemployment based on them saying there was a different reason for termination.

Roxie, no snow here, but b-b-b-bitter cold.....ready for it to get above freezing!

Mary, Christmas dinner was nice, I guess the excitement wore me out (see 11 hr sleep post on prev week thread since I had no clue yesterday was Sunday and hence a new thread). Enjoy partying with your DH....we don't have any plans, just quiet time before back to work on Wed, yuck!

Another reason for my discombobulation is my sister. Not sure if I've said but she's had severe bronchitis for about 3 weeks now (dr had her go to ER a week ago). I'm mostly perturbed because she does NOTHING to take care of herself and tries to put a guilt trip on me to come do this or do that for her. For example, she wants me to clean her carpets because of the pee stains from her untrained mutts.....I told her there was no hurry and she can do it when she gets better as it would be good exercise for her (her only exercise is walking from home to car to work). The dr tells her NOT to go to work so her body can recover and what does she do? she goes to work when it's this cold and snowy! I got fed up with her last night and told her if she does stupid stuff like that then that is why she isn't recoverying (just like the dr says). She doesn't (and never has) listened wants only sympathy and attention. Anyway, my tone got pretty stern with her last night.....I dont' think she'll be calling me again, I think she was mad. It must sound bad how fed up I am with her, but seriously she has done nothing but hurt me (did not give me or my other siblings our part of Dad's life ins, fired me from the temporary job I did with her and I did the job because she wanted me working with her). I'm just fed up and want her out of Colorado. But I'm just too nice to really give her a real piece of my mind.. Oh, she's also said in convo's that she wants me to mother her...wtf!?!?!?!? fed up I am! Vent over.

Good Afternoon,

I am getting ready to do CLX Lean Circuit 1 for the last time and then some cardio. We have half and inch of snow on the ground but it is still snowing. I haven't looked at the new workouts yet reading the book first.

Lisa-I would be fed up with her too, she sounds like my brother.

Jody-LIS LIC is another one I have trouble with but I only did those workouts the first month after I got it haven't touched them since.

Lisa codeforjob
Wouldhavecomeforyouifyoudidn'tfindthread
whyistextcomingoutlikethis
ddtestingfordriverlicens don'tlookgoo
rox betterluckwithNewones. I havemixedfeelsabou lic

Jody, I am dying laughing reading your post! I read it and at first I thought it was Chinese! Did she pass the test? Did you have an interview? Lisa, sorry about your sister. Is she married? She sounds high maintenance. Sorry about DIL, I hope the manager is a bit more reasonable. Roxie, it's snowing again here, starting to annoy me! The new ones came! Happy day! I did disc 5, legs, it was a challenge! Took the kids to get their teeth cleaned, 3 hours later....! DH replaced my microwave that died during hurricane Sandy, so happy! I think we will go to a party with friends tonite. Happy New Year friends! I will talk to you next year, haha! That one always cracks me up, I'm a dork! Mary

CLX Lean Circuit 1, KCM Start Here Cardio and Yoga/Stretch done. It has really picked up outside at least 2" on the ground.

Jody-that was tough to read.

Mary-we are staying home tonite, I think youngest DD and her BF and his son are coming over depending on the weather. You are not a dork just funny.

Got my Cathe dvds today. So look at the inside back cover, they have Cedie's name wrong! Maybe I'll be a Cathe dork and go do another xtrain w/o.....

Happy New Year Everyone,

I will be doing cardio today and some more packing. We have 3 inches of snow on the ground.

Happy New Year everyone! First workout of 2013 done (I just typed 1013!!!). Did the Step Express premix from CSS. I had a really bad back problem that started Saturday. Was supposed to be going out to visit family but I had to cancel cos I was in too much pain. It's eased off since then and just aches rather than kills! So thought I would go easy with the workouts and work myself in gently. It's been a great 2012 but I would really like 2013 to be illness/injury free!!

Jody - love the text!!

Roxie - happy packing!

Mary - so what did you and DH get up to?

Lisa - that is lousy for your DIL. Surely you can't sack someone for that?!! And sorry about your sister - sounds like a royal pain in the arse to be honest. Keep away!

Hi all. I was at the my parents for the holiday then came back in time to work a day or two before the New Year holiday. Oh, Happy New Year to all! I did the first disc of XTrain plus the 100 rep challenge. I am sure my lats will be talking to me tomorrow. I really like how the exercises do not repeat. I really think that made the program fly by. I also like the set, nice change. The outdoors scene from the last program was nice too. Whoever filmed it did a nice job, nice and clear.

Jody - what is RS? Who is Jennifer Aniston's guru?

Murphy

Last edited:
Wow we have a full house! Guess you all are starting your new year resolutions? I did Xtrain Legs pm2 (that has everythign and the barre bonus). I think in the future I may do the barre and not the floor...that's huge coming from me, I'm not a barre person(no ballet body here).

Mary, my sis is not married, she's too picky (and has no reason to be if you get my drift). I wish she hadn't latched onto me (my brother and other sis has nothing to do with her. Many things she's done that I don't agree with(insert fling with married man here, omg), but I just can't be so mean as to terminate all ties (as much as I'd like to). sigh. How was your new yr with your friends? DH and I went to bed at 9 :) Nothing interferes with my sleep! We didn't even have the leftover champagne from the dinner with my kids.

Roxie, still cold here, still no snow here, that's the nice thing about being in the valley of the mountain range, it stays in the mountains, skips us then starts again on the eastern plains toward you.

Ronne, I don't know the resolution to DIL talking to the store mgr (it's killing me not knowing)....but I try to let the kids tell me things when they are ready rather than being a pest. Be careful with your back, remember you aren't getting any younger :) Did you end up ordering Xtrain?

Murphy, I'm really liking Xtrain....I have DH doing it too (though he's a weekend warrior and if I skip, he skips) I have him doing more the weight w/o's. How was the 100 rep challenge? I still have yet to do any of those and fit them in. I don't think I saw them in the rotations.

Jody, how did DD do? It's so scary when they start driving. I don't think we ever stop worrying as parents.

Has everyone been staying healthy? I'm hearing the flu is really bad this year....I typically manage to avoid it until Feb, I don't want to be exposed to sick people!

Last edited:
I just did my first day of CK25 and abs. I still haven't looked at my XTrain workouts which is weird I was really looking forward to them. I plan on starting them next week along with CK25.

Jody-did she pass.

Lisa-we were in bed before 10. I wish I could get DH back into working out he needs to walk for his bp.

Ronne-take care of that back. I am hoping 2013 is a better year.

Everyone is back! Happy New Year! Today I did chest, back & shoulders, flew by! I think I might be a little sore tomorrow! Ronne, take care of yourself. That is miserable. I wonder how long til you get your new ones? Murphy, did the kids enjoy the holidays? Did you? Mine absolutely loved their electric blankets! Said it was the best gift ever!! Lisa, sorry about your sister, thank goodness she has you! I liked the floor work on the leg one, barre work was ok, not my favorite! Roxie, are the kids coming over today? We are having pulled pork, no sauerkraut! Jody, what are you up to? Any hot date last night? Our party was nice, appetizers, football, drinks. Roxie, what is CK25? I'm out of the loop! Lisa, I think Cedies name is actually Mercedes, I think, I could be wrong! Have a good day! Mary

Happy NY, great to see everyone. I did another RS+ dvd mishmosh plus GS Tri. I apologize in advance for so many random thoughts.

DD 17 passed even tho she got a ? about parking on a hill wrong. I was sitting in DL office sorta freaking out and posting, ack! Yes, I am scared about her driving but also happy to see the step in her growth/independence. Plus we needed another driver in the house, I can't chauffeur as much with my sched- we do two 12 hour days a week in clinicals Jan-May.

Mary, I know my dd 19 would LOVE one of those blankets.

Lisa, Lisa Lisa Lisa- thank you for dropbox access. I dl nook for my phone and am reading from there, I love it. I need to check out goodreads, too. Anyone else enjoy A Game of Thrones?

Murphy, good comments on the new ones. I am paying attention to all the reviews, but I think I am going to live w/o them fine for now. In fact, the RS+ dvd and the PH+ dvd plus the sash series is prob about all I need for now, I just have to keep swinging.

Ronne, OK, now I want to do that pm from CSS, so maybe I do need all those dvds I have. I've been calling it the Happy First Post Non Apocalyptic New Year.

Roxie, I sure hope it is a good one for us all. You are starting off with the most chaos, so hopefully it will only get better.

Lisa, if I got in trouble every time I said the F word, well, I'd be in a lot of trouble all the time even though I try to be careful. Maybe DIL problem will be a good lesson for me then and keep me out of trouble.

Off to visit mom w/ kids. No date last night, kids and I watched more Lord of the Rings w/ commentary. I did run out for chocolate chip cookies after getting back from DD. Stressful day. Oh and anyone watching any sci fi? Twilight Zone marathon, I've caught a few. Dolls are SCARY!

Jody, same here about the F word, when I was telling my sister about this she was horrified that I say it at work, geez. I think I've even heard others say it on conference calls (now I would never do it on one of those when you don't know who all is really listening). I'm not much of a fan of those movies or books. My dropbox is full, once i start running out of room I plan to remove the Calibre folder as I know that has dups from one of the other folders. My books are all a unorganized mess!

Mary, I never made the connection about Cedie's name, color me stupid! My chest and lats are a bit sore from BS CH/Ba/Sh. Why did you not like the barre work? Maybe that's why I liked it better than others? Actually had me thinking maybe I should pull out the turbo barre one from LI series.

Roxie, DH needs to do something for his BP too. At least it's controlled by meds, funny thing is he's never had BP problems like me (I think it's my personality that brings mine up)...he chalks it up to old age....he is 56.

Mary-CK25 is couch to 5K but they call it 25k for some reason, its a TM or running routine that you do for 9 weeks 3 times a week for 30mins you walk for 1 minute then run for 1 minute at whatever speeds you can handle. As you progress you are suppose to increase your speed.

Murphy-RS is Rythmic Step.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.