40s + October: Nice to Meet You!

Ronne

Cathlete
Hi all

So, there we have it - our new title! :) Hope you like the month title in honour of Lisa and Jody.

Lisa - X77, holy cow?! That is amazing. I can't imagine I will ever attempt that as I find one segment enough.

Murphy - I'm not planning to follow a rotation this month, just going to do my own thing.

Mary - I like your new photo. Is that the new dog?

Started off the month with yoga. Did a really tough one that got me sweating, not quite what I planned ;)
Enjoyed the class last night - though it was just like being back at uni, I didn't know where I was going and I hadn't read the right book!!
Going out early evening with friend, food, drink and a catch-up. Really looking forward to it.

Ronne, thanks for getting us started. I am thinking of doing an XTrain rotation. I may sub-in some of the newer videos, the most recent ones. Today was FlexTrain. I have not done that one in a while and could not remember anything about it. I may add that into the rotation more often. Oh, I met my weight goal that I sent for October 1st. I am setting another for November, 2 to 3 pounds by November 1st.

Ronne - what yoga program was it?
Waves to all.

Murphy

Good Morning,

I finally got a workout in today I walked on the TM for 30 minutes and I will do my planks later.

Ronne-like the title.

Murphy-good job with your workout. Congrats on meeting your goal weight wish I could mine is at my highest ever but I feel smaller and I can't pinch as much fat.

Mary-I am getting my time off looking for a job. Boss lady did write me a letter of recommendation which I didn't think would happen.

Ronne, great name! Bravo with Uni, funny you aren't reading the right book? I love reading but only what I want, I can't even do book clubs very well!

Murphy, woot! WTG! I met my RT goal weight too, now I'd just like to lose a couple more to make it "comfortable", if I really tried I know I could lose more, but that weight would require too much work!

Oh, I got in 2 mile dog walk and TBT LB.

Hello! Today did KCM plyometrics. MURPHY, congrats on the weight loss! It's so hard! Ronne, lol on wrong book! Do you have to write papers? Yes, that is Boo, the stink. (I don't know why it always make murphy's name in all caps!). Lisa, I'm with you on only reading what I want. Don't like much being told what to do anymore! Roxie, enjoy your time off! Jody, you must be working! Band practice tonight, have to get little one in for his booster shots. He's thrilled! Mary

Hi everyone

Glad you all like the title.

Mary - I have to do a 500 word essay and an ongoing assignment (which is very simple). I'm quite looking forward to it, as it's a long time since I did anything like it. By the way, your new photo obscures your messages, does anyone else see that or is just me?

Lisa - we're doing 3 and I started with the wrong one, so I'm ahead and behind at the same time. :)

Roxie - that's great you got a reference.

Murphy - it was a Yoga Today stream. I've subscribed for the year.

Someone mentioned CSS the other day, so I decided it was a good choice for today. I worked up a good sweat.
I may not be around tomorrow. DD's got a day off school so I'm taking her to the Harry Potter behind the scenes tour at Warner Studios. Should be fun!

Good Morning,

I did KCM Muscle Up First Set Pump and then wanted to go for a run but the humidity is high and it took everything I had to finish this workout. The weather is rainy and gloomy today kind of depressing.

Ronne-I noticed that on Mary's post but everytime I have a problem SNM says its my fault and not theirs irritating. Good job on the workout.

Hello All. I turned 49 a few weeks ago. ( I cannot believe I just typed that. ) I haven't been in a group for a long time, but I'm ready to now. I've been doing Cathe workouts for a long time. But, I've lost a little weight and have really been enjoying my new endurance and strength and want someone to share this with.

So, can I join this group?

Holy bat man DOMS in glutes and hamstrings from TBT LB yesterday, and getting worse as the day goes on! I did Step Moves and 3 mile dog walk.

Welcome Sherbet! Of course you can join. I couple of us are getting ready to go to the Daytona beach road trip (first timers too!). Oh and 50% of us are 50 or over, I just turned 50 a month ago, I'm actually proud of it.

Roxie/Ronne I don't see any problem with Mary's post/picture.

Ronne, I hope you remember what you've read for when it's time, I probably wouldn't!

Mary, I'm guessing that was sarcasm that he was thrilled with booster shots! Hopefully your guy isn't that psychotic!

Hello! Today did Cathe live, boxing and abs, a little more high impact than I was expecting! Lisa, i just changed my avatar, Boo took up half the page! I wonder how your legs will feel tomorrow after all you did today? Ronne, maybe some day when I get more time I can take some classes that just interest me, I'm kind of jealous! Have fun with DD! Roxie, are you sleeping in? Jody, you are still working!? Hi Shereta, welcome! Well, have to get dinner going and then I'm going to sit on my fanny! I'll be back Saturday, tomorrow is football! Mary

Hi shereta! Welcome! Jump in :) :)
Mary's pic avatars was large and ran into text for me too.
Ronne. Im jealous I would live to see HP behind scenes.
Yes I'm working!

"Stalling, I should make a exercise out of it".... yep I am, tooooooo ccccccoooooold to walk the dogs so therefore I'm stalling my Cathe workout of the day too.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

I took off yesterday and today. I had some kind of stomach bug - it was not pretty. I think I will modify teh Ocotber rotation and start that tomorrow or Sunday. I was thinking of doing the June rotation so maybe I will mix the two.

Ronne - have fun at the HP behind the scenes tour. Sounds like fun.
Roxie - I am glad you got the letter.
Mary - how was the boxing? I am not into it anymore. Maybe b/c of all my shoulder issues.
Shereta - glad to see you.
Lisa - great job on meeting the RT goal.
Jody - waves, glad to hear from you.

Murphy

Happy Friday All! Today's workout was Rock Out Knock Out. I love that workout. I have DOMS from LBB yesterday. It was fun. I matched almost all Cathe's weight and worked on a 10in step. Feeling pretty good about that.

Fitover40, Am I sherbet? I think somebody started calling me that a few years ago. Very funny. I've never been to a roadtrip. Maybe one day.

Thanks for all the welcomes. I will catch up later.

Good Morning,

I did run/walk intervals on the TM for 30 minutes then went into town to grocery shop. Its cold here too. I am fighting a cough have no idea where it came from my throat doesn't hurt just scratching.

Shereta-welcome and good job with your workouts.

Lisa-I hear you on the cold.

Murphy-I was thinking about doing the October Rotation but I don't have 40/20 would Tabatacise work?

Shereta, sorry about the name! My new computer automatically corrects it to sherbet and I didn't notice. I need to figure out how to turn off that feature as it makes Ronne Donne! A 10 in step? Are you sure you're in the right group? lol

Murphy, it is probably because of shoulder issues that you don't go to KB, I was the same way for a while, I'm just getting to the point I can add it in (but I'm not really punching hard at all). I did HS today and the jumping jacks are modified for LI and the arms I don't swing out to side, I try to lift them straight up, but I only get to the top of my head. I'm going to look comical at the RT!

Mary, I'm wondering how I'll modify the new Ripped HIIT series, I'm sure I'll find a way. Hamstrings are still a bit ouchie today so did an easier workout (HS cardio only--- it's easy for me because of the LI jumping jacks).

Jody, doing the work-max? lol. RT will be here soooon!

Lisa, that's hilarious about your computer changing my name. I swear that's what happened the last time someone called me Sherbet. It's hilarious to me! I know yall cant tell but, I'm cracking up over here.

Man, I'm so jealous of yall going on RT. One day, I vow! One day!!!

Hi everyone

Shereta - welcome to the group, nice to have you on board.

Lisa - good job on the DOMS. Have you seen any of the photos of filming. I am scared! That Plyo Hiit looks evil.

Mary - is that you in the photo? I won't say anything else, till I know :)

Murphy - is that the kids bringing home bugs for you again?!

Jody - good to see you briefly. Isn't one of your DD's an HP fan? If so, she would have loved yesterday. It was great. So fascinating, the amount of work that went into those films behind the scenes is incredible. The level of detail on stuff that would only be seen for seconds was unbelievable, handwritten labels on hundreds of jars, that sort of thing.

Roxie - hope you feel better soon.

Did KCM YBB UB premix yesterday and X10 step today. I've not done that one before and I only got out a 15lb weight, so I did the last section without weights as I couldn't be bothered to pause and get them. It felt tough enough anyway.
Taking a rest day tomorrow, we're going shopping for me. Hoping to get some boots, we'll see ...

So, I went for the June 2014 rotation. Did XTrain bi's and tri's today. Went for it on some of the weights and was happy with myself. I had pulled out the old poundage recording sheet and I am still not where I was but I did not expect to be. The good news is that I am not as far as when I got back to exercising. I am really happy with my progress. :)

Roxie - Yes, tabatcise will work. 40/20 is "only" 30 minutes long so feel free to do a tabatacise premix.
Ronne- Yes, I think the kids brought home a few bugs for me. So nice of them to think of me. ;-) Oh, and I agree, some of the pic's from th enew workouts look a bit scary.
Lisa - Yes, the shoulders are still week and all that movement does not help. I am trying to incorporate more shoulder work to help balance the area and hopefully pull things back into place. It is an ongoing process.
Mary/Jody/Shereta - Big waves and hi fives.

Murphy

Good Morning,

I woke up at 4 this morning wide awake so I finished the book I was reading so I can start the third one in the series, DD26 said I wouldn't like the second book but I liked it more then the first one. Going to a wedding reception tonite for my cousins second wedding then we are going to spend the night with my DS and her DH then hopefully see GS tomorrow on our way home.

Murphy-thank you and good job with your workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.