40's, July Firecrackers

Hi everyone

Didn't make it here yesterday but did get a workout in. Did Drop Set Strength, Legs, Shoulder, Bis & Tris. Then added on Med Ball Abs. Felt good to lift some weights, it's been a while. Also did some more baking with DD, chocolate orange brownies (not half as healthy as yours Jody!). They are wicked!
Planning to do SG Express with abs premix. Not done that in ages.
DH got back from his trip last night, he got food poisoning and spent Sat night being violently ill, so I'm still holding the fort on my own!
Going to a museum with DD this pm, a new Tutankhamun exhibition.

Mary - what is a canker? Thanks for the tip anyway. Consider this a telling off for PLB!!! I'm going to search out Tonique now after that comment! :p £6.50 is a customs charge for importing the DVDs (which I don't mind too much) but £8 is for the post office just for processing the thing which is outrageous as it mustn't cost them very much.

Lisa - like your story!

Jody - so funny about your sweet potatoes! I've done that with drying. Opened the dryer and found clothes in there I'd put in weeks ago and forgotten! Yes, it's a lot of money. Especially if I get hit twice on this order. Your eldest's comment made me smile - the remembered pain of being forced to read something you don't like. The film was OK, I could understand why they didn't make any more though. The author of the books is local and a bit of a hero round here.

I am back, was sick these past few days. I think my fever broke Friday into Saturday. I went walking yesterday and did abs only today. I may do TBT LB and UB this week, no quick movements and they are not too bad on time. Actually UB may be a bit long but whatever. I feel better but not 100%.

Ronne - Glad to hear the great news! BTW, I think that charge is a bit high too. I don't know about over there, but our postal system is in need of money. Stamps seem to go up every year.

Waves to everyone!

Did a 2.25 mile dog walk, then FT minus the abs, then did 20 min reformer jumpboard (to replace the ab section I skipped).

Mary, it was humid this morning though :( so still not "ideal" for me :). I don't get too many cold sores (canker sores), but thanks for the tip, I might need it one day, if not for myself for DH or the kids. So is the LB work you are dong basically PT but done to Cathe (ie. Lighter weights, substitutions)? I didn't do the t band pulls (I think my neck muscle is too weak and bothered by it) so I did Ext rotations pulls (I think that's the name), I got to thinking how far I have come, a year ago I couldn't only do one side at a time with a lighter band. It's times like this that helps me see how far I have come.

Ronne, ONE of my pet peeves is leaving laundry in the basket after it's dried, I can NOT stand it, so I have never forgotten them in the dryer either. We just had a bit of laundry drama here. I'm fed up with always buying the laundry detergent (another pet peeve, I always have a back up, can't stand it if I run out and want to do laundry as I would hate having to make special trip to store), anyway, so DIL hasn't bought ANY laundry detergent in the 14 months they have been here, so I let the one in the laundry room get low (I had a backup hidden in my bedroom closet), so she was doing laundry last weekend (she does at least 3x as much as I do), she came to me and said we were out of laundry detergent and whoever is at the store next should pick it up. I was too stunned that she was telling me to pick up laundry detergent that I didn't think fast enough to say "I think it's your turn to buy since you haven't bought any for 14 months". So a week goes by, she doesn't go to the store (poor thing is working 40 hours a week, it goes down to 25 starting this week), anyway, she doesn't go to the store even though I heard them say they need some food in the house. So last night, her and DS carry up their laundry, she goes into the laundry room (I'm sitting right there in the family room), I hear her slam the laundry detergent down and say "NOPE!", then DS has to head out for detergent, well I couldn't keep quiet any longer, I explained the events to my DS and said I'm couldn't believe she told ME to pick up laundry detergent and I'm tired of her "entitled" attitude. Once they move out they will realize all we do for the household in general. Anyway, it all ended ok, we are so ready for our house back! Hoping their's is completed by Thanksgiving! Finally the foundation is poured, sigh. Vent over :)

Murphy, summer colds are the worst, glad you are feeling better.

Jody, seems we pay more and more and more every year. ACA is a good idea maybe needs kinks worked out, but then, this is a government thing there will always be kinks. I'm hoping by the time we need to buy insurance on the open market it will be of benefit. Once DH retires, and if he is Medicare eligible, I am 8 yrs younger so I know I"ll have to buy private health insurance. My brother who is in that business says he thinks some form of ACA will be the way of the future but there are things to fix with it. I think the only ones making money are the insurance companies.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Hello! Today did the bike and PT. Boys and I went to the zoo today, perfect day, cloudy, chilly and all the animals were running around. Jody, when you get hired somewhere other than PRN will that help with your insurance? Very frustrating. Lisa, I would be frustrated too! She will be in for a rude awakening once they get their own house! You are very good to them! Murphy, hope you get feeling better quickly! Ronne, a canker sore is like a cold sore, but in your mouth. I hardly ever get them and when I do, I'm off the rails! Hope DH is better, that's miserable! Have a good evening, Mary

Did some pilates work today. Tried to do a rolling thing with my butt and legs over my head - did not happen. I used to do it when I was younger but I have A LOT more butt now and that thing is not going over my head - probably better that way. ;-)

Lisa - WTH is up w/ DIL? I would be stunned too. Sounds like DS has his hands full.
Waves to all.

Murphy

Hi all

Murphy - thanks for the image!! :p Hope you're feeling better.

Mary - sounds like a good day out. Thanks for the translation. :)

Lisa - I would probably have done something very sarcastic by now and caused ructions! They're living with you rent free aren't they, to save money? That would make me feel so obliged to help as much as possible!!

Jody - foreign language post, but I feel your pain ...

Did a mish mash today: Chest & Back from Drop Set Strength, no equipment abs from Abs Circuit, and no equipment stretch from Stretch Max. Felt good.
Getting some work done today and leaving DD to her own devices.
We're off tomorrow for a few days away with my parents so I'll be back on Sat.

Hi ladies, will make this short as I've been busy all day doing the planning for my birthday 14er hike (need I say more? ). I walked dogs 3 miles then did GG extreme PM (was questioning doing the extreme part... it he ball, floor, barre parts all seemed tougher this time )

Murphy, I think that is called an Overhead. I was like, WHAAT? I can't do that?!?!?! When they did it on one of my reformer workouts. Then I saw a tutorial on how to progress in it, and it helped! (That and the core strength I'm building up). Anyway, the tutorial had where you have a bar where when you swing your legs over you can grab on to that. Well, I don't have any bars in my house, but as I was laying and stretching on the floor (I do that a lot these days), I saw the table in my eyesite and I said, I can use that as a bar, so I swing my legs up and anchor on the underside of the table top (otherwise my legs just fall back down). Then after doing this a while and building up my core strength, I was able to do it on th reformer (it's basically the same, you don't use straps or anything, but the difference is that I have th3e shoulder rests to hold onto to get more momentum. Hope that helps :).

Ronne, oh I'm biting my tongue, don't want to cause any ill feelings. DH and I just vent to each other. After the "care" I got from DIL after my neck surgery when it was just her and I here the 3rd week after I'm not surprised by the lack of effort of anything from her. My care from her consisted of her going out (she wasn't working) and texting me every hour to ask if I needed anything. I wouldn't ask for anything if I did! Although one time I did ask for some soup as I was nauseous. Yes DS has his hands full with her, she was raised to not have to do anything (I know because her mom and I got into it one time when they were dating... her mom was basically letting my son do things I wouldn't approve of and I confronted her, She then told me that she knew how to raise boys (she had her other DD BF living with her, not his parents) and that she doesn't make her kids work while in school, uh, helloooo it isn't hurting my kids whatsoever working in the summer. I've digressed :0 Anyway you get a sense of how it is.

Mary, it's a bit cooler here but humidity is up with our monsoons so stilt not glorious, I sure hope it isn't' too humid in Daytona in Oct!

Hello, so late today. Has been a rough 24 hours. After zoo yesterday, DF called DM had tripped fell, couldn't get up. Had to get ambulance, go to ER with her. Thank goodness, it's only a broken arm. Today PT, was rough. Apparently I have been doing my side squats all wrong! She had me do squats on the bosu, holy cow! That's crazy hard! I just felt totatly inadequate there today. Had to get my mom dressed, she wants me to get her ready for bed? Taught my dad how to do it. Have been running the kids everywhere. DD is just in an ungrateful mood today. And I'm just feeling overwhelmed! I'm sorry I'm so crabby today! I did do UB on Cathe live tho. Lisa, well, sounds like DIL learned her manners from her mother! They are truly lucky to have you and will realize your worth when they leave! Which sounds like it won't be soon enough! Ronne, have fun with your folks! Murphy, you gave it a go! Jody, you working? Well, thanks for listening, talk tomorrow, Mary

Free association reply to all.

Pickle juice works- great! DD gets them sometimes. Usually triggered by acid food like pineapple which is ironic b/c I'm pretty sure pickle juice is acidic?

Museum sounds fun. Speaking of Egypt, today I've been watching An Idiot Abroad on Netflix. Is it bad that I loved it and watched 5 episodes in a row?

I did a 12 hour night last night. Yes, the shift diff is awesome. I made 12 extra dollars that I can put toward the health insurance!

Murphy I hope you are feeling better.

I didn't have enough beans for brownies so I just blended what I had and some dates, almond milk and cocoa and almond butter. I felt like I was eating frosting out of the can.

Lisa, your birthday celebration month is about to kick off. I hope you hike is awesome. I wish I could go. My annoying ex boyfriend would ask you if you ever directly and specifically told DIL and DS that you expect them / would appreciate them doing more and contributing more to household.

Dentist tomorrow and maybe more groundwork on insurance. I just can't see me paying the bi monthly bill of 579. I feel like I'd like to do an Intensity or LIC/BM2 era rotation, maybe include some of the XT cardio for a few more weeks.

Mary, I'm sorry!! Do you have a Bosu at home or would you consider it a worthwhile purchase? I hope mom is ok! hugs~

Last edited:
I did a Jazzercise HiiT today. The format was more of a tabata, but in the end I guess it does not matter. It was actually fun. I would not buy it but I would take a class. There was some dancy-stuff but not too bad and the people looked like they were having a great time. It was filmed in a gym or big hotel conference room. The place was packed. Everyone once in a while the camera would scan the exercisers on the floor and they really seemed to be enjoying themselves. Reminded me of Cathe roadtrips - you are sweaty and a bit tried but the adrenaline of the people around you keeps you going.

Ronne - have fun. How was the museum? I like stuff like that but it bothers the kids. Which means my time there is limited. I'll have to checkout An Idiot Abroad. It sounds like it has funny-potential.
Jody - good luck w/ the dentist and glad you got that shift at work.
Mary - I hope DM is okay/gets better quickly. I tired a BOSU once. I could see how it is a good workout.
Lisa - when did you say they are out? I agree with whomever said that the DS and DIL will have a rude awakening once they move into their own home.

Murphy

Raining all day here, so no dog walk. It's amazing how many steps that little chore I can accrue. Even with doing DM (only drills 1-4) and BM2 W/U and final combos put together I'm still struggling to get my steps in.

Murphy, I'm guessing by end of year, I'm hoping before Thanksgiving. They had a pre construction meeting today so maybe they will have a better timeline.

Mary, how are the squats done on the Bosu ? is the rounded part down? When I did PT I wanted to do the fun things, I got stuck with just darn bands and the torturous strapping in my body so I had to rotate my neck only. I really didn't enjoy it at all. I have been using some of the foam roller exercises (stretches) again. How much longer is PT? I know I canceled mine before they wanted me to, but then I got to feeling that they just wanted my money as I never got different stuff to do and I could do what they had me doing at home.

Jody, I'd love all of you to come on my hike! Don't worry you and I will get the party on at the DBRT! I hope you work out the insurance issues, it sucks to pay so much. I know at my old job (contractor) it would have been $400 a month for just me, and that was before the ACA. DH's benefits isn't all that great but it's interesting to see how the kids companies insurance is better than ours it seems!

Oh I forgot to tell you all the most awesome thing that happened this morning. I was standing there in my black yoga pants and semi fitted top and DH said you are getting really skinny! I should make my birthday goal weight, I'm hoping for I can get even more off before the birthday party with my family on the 16th, but with the hike on the 14th I really do need to eat to get up the mountain!

Murphy, I have Jazzercise Burlesque that I like. There was a groupon for jazzercise classes offered around here. I noticed it when I was looking for yoga. I'm so influenced by any positive review, or success story I see. Lately I'm like, YOGA! Body Beast! Tonique!! Ha ha, last time I loved my look I was doing mostly the 4 pack series, running and I wore clunky mid cut Avias. Maybe I should get some more of those?? Maybe that was the secret!

So I went to my mom's and I think she wins the prize for grumpy. She was complaining about the weather in Ohio where my aunt is right now- that it is cold. She says, "I guess we can blame Al Gore for that BS. He started all this GD global warming crap." What????

She was also bitter about a cake (facebook recipe included buttermilk+ coca cola) she made for breakfast that turned out crappy. And her blood sugar that was 173. "But there's not a GD thing I can do about it." I shouldn't judge since I can turn black beans and dates into a binge food.

Mary, how's mum? Lisa, I might be doing DM this week.

I also had dental appt, my smile is bright again! : D BM2 done! Have a great evening.

To make up for the lack of dog walk (for me and the dogs) we went 3.5 miles today. Then I did HS, mostly just the cardio, I did some of the setup part (my core may be stronger from Pilates but the abs I did from Cathe was tough, I may need to start doing the ones I can to prepare for the RT), I added on BS Tri's (I figured to start with the UB group that doesn't hurt the area that always hurts--so far so good), then I did 25 min of an intermediate Pilates reformer w/o.

Jody, your mom would be frustrating to me, kinda like my sis is. You have to help yourself, no one is going to do it for you!

Mary, how is DM doing?

Quiet around here :)

Hello! So late again! It's these kids, school stuff is keeping me running. Just bike & PT these past two days. Jody, from my perspective your mom sounds like a riot! My mom is doing ok. My mom is always a one up you. No matter what, she has to top you! I'm still trying to let that go by me! Lisa, those dogs certainly are spoiled by you! 3 mile walks, that is a long way. Do you go different routes every day? Murphy, when I was young I used to go to jazzercize. I always enjoyed it! Ronne is away? Little one was invited by high school to be a banner carrier for the band because his big sister is in the band. So is he at the middle school. He's so excited! And nervous! It will be so good for him, will give him self confidence. Well, now I have to got get DS from picnic, then get DD from band an hour later. I'm going to start charging! Mary

Good morning! Today did Cathe live, stability ball, it was good. Hope all is well with everyone. Have to take DS for bone scan today, insurance wouldn't approve the MRI. He nervous! He googles everything, he's afraid he's going to be radioactive and pee neon green! Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Had a busy day today. I took the dogs for a 2.5 mile walk, then did Step Moves and BS Back.

Mary, those kids activities keep you busy even in the summer! I guess we are lucky that the schools were all within walking distance for our kids and so for band camp, DS would walk to it. :). Yes, I try to go different ways just to keep boredom away! The last couple of days I've had to avoid the dirt/gravel routes that I prefer because of all the rain we've had.

Oh, I went to Kohl's today to look at swimsuits on clearance. Mine is old and the one I do like it goes around the neck, I never like those that tied at the neck, and now I don't think I could wear it. So picked up a couple of suits for $50! The pickings were slim, hopefully good enough for my birthday hike (we may go in the pool at the hotel ) and DAytona (surely we will walk on the beach the day before? )

Hope everyone else is having a fabulous day!

Posting from bus ride home....someone asked me to come in for her...she is per diem and didn't plan to actually have to work and had made other plans. Before I left I did LC. I definitely prefer the cardio blast pm with wts following.
Murphy, I thought of u when my dd interrupted my flow with her :::I'm late for work throwing stuff around stomping drama:::
Mary I hope ds ok. Hugs. At least he is taking some responsibility for his health by investigating! Yeah, my mom is trip and a hoot, but a lot of negative energy too. Gotta love her.
Lisa I got a suit at Sears but not sure that I'd wear it to public event, just for swim and snorkel and tan the tummy at the beach.
It's August!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.