40s+++ August adventures

Hi everyone, sorry to be MIA yesterday, busy day where nothing went right so made everything 3 times as hard. I decided it was my shoes causing my left foot to hurt. I know I have over 1000 miles on them (1 yr), so decided to try my old shoes.. Uh, now I know why they are my old shoes! I have blisters the sized of quarters! So went in search of some shoes. 3 stores later and at opposite ends of town through all the blasted traffic I decided to try a different (a bit cheaper $120 v $160 brand/style). Then last night bandaged up my poor heels and did STS legs weeks 2. Was darn tuckered out! Slept like a baby. Tried shoes today, no good, I could feel the arch support wasn't good, added inserts, still hurt and at this rate I might as well spend the $160-$180 on the addias boost that works for me. I think (hope) I find a store in Boulder when I'm there Saturday that has them! I'm waiting for workers to get here to replace the gutters, I'm using it as a rest day for my poor blistered heels and because I don't want them to interrupt my workout.

Ronne, XT legs is one of the "easier" leg workouts (I think), good thing you started with that, but I'm sure you could have found something even easier to ease into from the long holiday! I normally goto kickboxing for an easy workout. Hope the brain starts working! How long was DD train trip? You know here we don't really have too many trains so I'd be nervous. I don't even feel comfortable riding buses, except in Disney World their transportation within the parks is awesome. I'm going the 1st of December to avoid crowds and heat for my BFF's 60th birthday.

Roxie, congrats on another grandson. Are you wishing for a granddaughter someday?

Hi girls! Today did a Michelle Dozios workout, humid here again. Yesterday meeting was long and tedious, they read power points to us, always puts me in a trance! Have another one this evening! Will it ever end? Lisa, sorry about your feet. I know when my feet aren't happy, my whole body is unhappy! Roxie, another baby boy! Congrats! Ronne, how's the jet lag? Recovered yet? Jody, how are you doing? What about DD? Hi Murphy! Have to get to cleaning! Good day to all! Mary

Hello

Lisa - what a trial! I just bought some new trainers, first pair I tried on. Re Xtrain Legs, I know that's why I picked it, but I've got some good DOMS today. I've never found it that hard before. The journey was only 2.5 hours and it's direct. She's coming back today.

Mary - I hate it when they do that - why write the Powerpoint if you're just going to read it out?!!!! Sleeping is still a bit off, I'm waking up v early (for me!).

Took Lisa's advice and did KCM Stepboxing for cardio today. It was pretty easy. Sweet relief!

Hi all. Sorry to be absent. Between the basement work, visiting my parents, getting the kids ready for school, and just being tired, I have not had a chance to write. I haven't even lurked. I did a booty and ab workout yesterday and HR UB today. Still with the light weights.

Waves to all!
Murphy

Good morning! Today did a Gin Miller workout. Lisa, hope you find the perfect pair of shoes. I do like shopping, it's just the cash! Ronne, we don't have passenger train really either. I bet she feels so grown up! Power point lectures make me crazy! I can read! They could have just sent an email! Murphy, hope the tiredness fades. Think of you every day. Jody, hello! Good day to all! Mary

Lisa, I'm sorry about your feet, i hope you get the right shoes and that it helps. I wanted to go hiking today here in gainesville, so many pretty places but just did a long walk at the campus going in circles trying to find the bursars office. Mary do you think your twins will be at the same college next year? Roxie, no girlie energy for you yet~
ps Lisa, are you going to disney in the summer?? I'd recommend off season if possible but im sure you know that.

Good Evening,

I did KCM Muscle Up Chest and Back this morning. Temperatures have been very fall like only made into the 60's yesterday and 70's today. I cancelled my preorder today I have enough workouts.

Jody-I don't plan on having any girls.

Lisa-shoes make a huge difference.

Hello

Roxie - it's been really cool here as well, I'm missing the sun.

Jody - that counts as a workout, doesn't it?!

Mary - are you still going to the gym?

Murphy - good to see you, hope you're recovering well.

Did Xtrain CBS, shortened premix followed by Ab Circuits, Stability Ball. Not too bad ...
Busy with work. No great plans this weekend, bit of cleaning, shopping and relaxing I hope!

Hi everyone, yesterday I did the first 30 min of Step Moves, today I did STS Ch/Sh/Tri week3 meso2. tomorrow will be a rest day and hair cut day! It's long overdue!
Jody, We're going 1st week of Dec, it will be the first time I've seen Disney decorated for Christmas. Sounds like a walking workout with the mission to drop some change?
Roxie, Our air is hazy from all the fires in the west/northwest states, but I do feel a change in the temp which is nice! I just looked at the weather stats on my phone it says 90 degrees and SMOKE (funny, it would normally say sunny or cloudy, how often do you see SMOKE?)
Mary, I'm not a shopper, I know what I want and don't want to waste time going place to place to find (or sometimes not find it). I had. feeling that picture was for your husband but I thought, why would she be so excited over something for DH so figured maybe it was the kids :) Maybe I didn't understand the certificate?
Ronne, unfortunately shopping for me (shoes) too this weekend, I got in my cleaning while the guys were working hard putting up the gutters. I feel so bad others working around me and me doing nothing. Weird I know! Now we have to replace the patio, cement is cracked bad and directing water toward the house. Not good with our expansive soils (Jody learned about that at the Road Trip, do you remember Jody? Angela understood because she was a geology major?).
Murphy, glad to see you stop in!

I worked the lower half today. I really need to find an ab workout. I can't move my head too fast so the ab workouts are not the same. . I really need to get some cardio in too. I am going crazy over here.

Murphy

Good Evening,

I did X10 Low Impact but didn't do the wt stuff doing upper body tomorrow then STS Med Ball Abs standing abs.

Lisa-that is a weird forcast.

Murphy-can you go for a walk?

Hello! Today did Cathe live, L&G, fun. Murphy, what about standing ab work? I thought I remember KCM having some of that? Roxie would probably remember her workouts better than me. Lisa, DH won outstanding faculty member, they only pick 3 a year, he got a cash reward too! Which he gave promptly to me! Besides firefighting, he teaches EMT's and works for a hospital as an educator. I'm surprised we ever get to see him! We did have date night last night tho, we saw Trainwreck, very funny. Have fun shopping! Ronne, no, haven't been to they gym. The kids are so busy, just no time. Have fun this weekend. Jody, how's your DD doing? No, I don't think they will go to the same school, DS is looking at Ivy League schools, DD is looking at OSU, Akron, Slippery Rock. Seems like lots of traveling to me! Well, I wrote a novel! Good weekend to all! Mary

Good Evening,

I did KCM Muscle Up Shoulders,Bis and Tris after we went to the lake. Expecting strong storms tonight we are on a tornado watch, it was 85 here today suppose to be 62 tomorrow.

Murphy-KCM has standing ab work on her original Kickboxing, Your Best Body and HGI.

Did short full body workout today. It was okay. There is just a level of frustration that I have to use light weights. I know I will get back to where I was before. I just have to move past the frustration.

Roxie - good job on the workouts sand thanks for the KCM tips. Yes, I can go for walks. I try to get them in. The problem is that the kids want to with me and my steady walk because a slow / stop every five seconds walk. DH tries to help keep them busy, but it doesn't always work.
Mary - congrats to DH.

Waves to all.

Murphy

I got some shoes yesterday! so maybe my feet will quit hampering me! Today I did STS meso2 week3 legs. Murphy, I'm sure it is frustrating since it's the 2nd go round of starting over! Not sure what head movements are hard with ab work. I do what I can and forget the rest. Not worth it. Mary, no wonder I was confused! I didn't know he taught too so I was like what kind of award is this? It has to be a kid thing for her to brag so much :) You must really love that guy! lol. Roxie, at least you didn't have to go to the tornado shelter with your favorite co workers (I still can't imagine!)

Hi everyone

Lisa - hope the shoes do the trick. Well done on keeping up with STS.

Murphy - give yourself a break! It's great you're doing anything ...

Mary - congrats to DH. DD wanted to go and see that film with a friend but I didn't think it was suitable.

Got a couple of workouts in: did SJP cardio/hilo circuit premix yesterday and TBT Legs today. My legs feel a bit wobbly.
Got lots of cleaning done yesterday. Also went to the library at the weekend and got some books on menopause. I think perimenopause has started ...

Hello! Today did a yoga/barre/Pilates fusion thing. Lisa, did you get a fun color shoe? Ronne, definitely not a movie for kids! Welcome to peri menopause! It's not so bad! Murphy, be kind to yourself, it's a time thing. You have been through a lot! Roxie, good job on your workouts! Hi Jody! Just running around with kids. Had to take DS to register for a college English class this morning, he wants to be a top scholar, there are 3 kids ahead of him, if he takes the college class it's rated on a higher point scale. I have no idea where he got this ambition! It's not from us! Have a good day! Mary

I did CCC express premix minus ab parts. My booty is sore from sts legs yesterday so took it easy! Ronne, I'm ready for sts to be done but I'm hanging in there making sure to finish before my next massage. Hope you have Mary's luck with the peri! I wouldn't say it's bad, just a different kind of pain in the butt! Always something for us females! What are you, 45? Mary, navy blue! Only one in my size. Great for DS, awesome!

It's late but I wanted to check in. Did bi's & tri's from 4DS. Since it's a new week, I got to go up a pound. I am feeling good.

Lisa - Regarding the abs, I am not supposed to do any quick up and down motions with my head.

Murphy

Hello

Mary - sounds very impressive about DS! You seem to be coping with it all without any major hassles, keeping my fingers crossed!

Lisa - good workout! No, I'm 48, not that far off 49 now! (I just wrote down the wrong age, does anyone else have trouble remembering how old they are? I do genuinely forget!)

Murphy - well done on the workout

Xtrain BS Back/Bis/Core 1 premix done. Felt good, lifted quite heavy and did go to failure on one set.
Going to the theatre tonight in London with DD and DH. We never go together. We're going to see the Woman in Black. I saw it 20 years ago with my mum. Scariest experience I've ever had in a theatre! Looking forward to it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.