STS first time!

Jean, that's so great of you to offer--thank you! Hmm, maybe no more than $125-$150....I'll keep thinking about it.

Missy, have your doctors been treating you??

Good morning....I actually slept last night....I think I sleept 10.5 hrs....omg....

The drs I work for seem to think otc meds will work.... wtf???? There not....I have bought so much meds at rote aid....these past few weeks....that I am get reward money back.... I've earned $10 to spend at rite aid.....crazy.... I've spent almost $60..... they did prescribe some tessalon perals for my cough....but seem to think I don't need an antibiotic????? Hmmmm..... I just wish the drainage would go away.

I'm hoping to try to do some kind of workout tonight....fingers crossed!

Hope yall are ready for santa.....he will be here soon!!!!!

Off to get dressed for work.....be back soon!

Carolyn...we was posting at same time.... I did think....well maybe my body will enjoy this rest....but I'm sure not.....

Missy, sorry you and Tim are so sick. It sounds like you need something stronger than OTC - can't the drs. recommend something? In the meantime, get lots of rest!

Marie, great pictures! B doesn't look like a baby anymore!

Betty, I love that bag too but way too expensive for me.

Carolyn, has anyone provided you with a specific list of exercises to do and which to avoid? PT could do that right? Then you have to be strict with yourself and not do more than that.

DD came home Tues. night, I waited up for her and she was inside for all of 2 minutes before her phone went off, boyfriend was in the driveway. Oh well. None of her other friends are home yet so she has been bored. I think she has been working so intensely the past month that she is not used to any free time. But it feels good to have her home. And her huge bag of laundry!

Between the weather and holiday parties/lunches, I have not been able to walk at lunch. I really miss getting outside. I have only done 2 of the rwh workouts, both of the upper body, and they are really good but exhausting.

Happy Friday!

Missy, what a great sleep amount you had! Hope it was restful! Doctors are leery of overprescribing antibiotics, as you know. They probably don't think it will help you. I feel for the two of you!

Carolyn, I love Sherpani and have been tempted to buy more but already have one (red) from several years ago. If I think about it, this D&B bag I covet is not functional for everyday, unless I am a working woman carrying files and papers and calendars, etc.:D (Jean, this is how the actual color looks, before it disappears from eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dooney-Bour...839?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item23474c5b6f)
Mary is right--stick to only what your body can do, which I'm sure you're trying very hard to stick to.

Mary, I had to smile at the boyfriend being there in 2 mins! Where does he go to school?

Last night I went to bed early again, but couldn't fall back asleep for a while after a bathroom break.:confused:
TGIF!

Hahaha Jean I'm with you on that depressed thing. My appetite is always there. Nice job on the workout. We haven't left the house today and I don't really plan on it. Lazy laundry day :) Fresh sheets on both beds :) I did Intensity this morning and that it was. I needed it though. Last night I had two sugar cookies at 9pm. Tony's mom sent them home with him the other day.

Missy glad you got some sleep. That will help with healing. But seriously if you're not better on a few days I feel like you'll need antibiotics. Tim too! But back to sleep I'm a "need 7 hours" type of girl. My brain and body have a hard time functioning without that amount.

Carolyn I'm with you on the purse. Even before the diaper bag I never carried one. My MIL bought me an across the body one that only fits cards, keys and phone. It's a Coach which is so not me but I like the convenience of it when I don't carry the diaper bag.

Mary How lovely that dd is home. Too funny about her boyfriend. Oh and the laundry....I totally remember toting that home from college. The weather is rough for my walks at work too. I do the skyways in the winter. Hope you can get outside soon.

Betty I wonder too how much kids retain. Maybe not true memories but how it comes out in their behavior. We are a very huggy kissy family so I wonder if he will carry on that behavior.

Oh and thanks everyone for the lovely compliments! You all are so sweet!

Carolyn Enjoy your nap. Sounds lovely. B is napping now and I totally wanted to join him but I have to get up at 5:45 tomorrow for work so I need to be to bed early. With a nap that won't happen. Have fun at hockey tonight :)

Good evening....no exercise for me....today...my chest started burning and pain again....doc says I'm now wheezing....so he prescribed prednisone for 5 days to go along with the Allegra d which wires me.....so here I lay in the recliner wide awake.... I feel terrible.....I just want to wake up and feel good.....Tim is in bed. Yes docs are Leary of giving antibiotics these days....today was an absolute mad house as 9 out of 10 patients have this upper resp infections or flu.... I have never seen it this bad.....

I am planning on leaving home tomorrow around 7 or 7:15 if I feel okay....and tackling grocery store before Saturday madness hits....I want nothing to do with the crowd tomorrow!

As for big gifts....nope....not much here this year....as I could not think of 1 thing to tell Tim to get me....he bought me a new pair of shoes and a pair of exercise capris last weekend....and he has I think 1 or 2 small surprise gifts???? Nothing expensive..... we just did some home stuff I wanted done....blinds.....remember..... I got him 3 presents for under tree.....

I sure hope y'all are done shopping....this is when the mean people come out.....lol

Hmmm..... wonder how much I will rest????? I do rely on 8 hrs too!

Be back......

Hi girls, worked till 2:30 and immediately went to ds' classmates mother's house with other moms. Had a nice visit and chat about our video gaming kids.:mad:
I forgot to say I did XT Legs & Rear Delts premix this morning.
Carolyn, I hope you guys had a nap! How luxurious!
How much is Joe in cash? Maybe he'll give you a break and it'd be worth seeing him every so often.

Marie, how I love fresh, clean sheets!:D
Have a good work weekend.
I never did master that Intensity.:-/

Missy, don't overdo it. What suffering you're undergoing!:-/ Get well soon!

Jean, thank you for the offer but you needn't write down other styles. If they don't have this bag in this color, don't worry about anything else. It'd be amazing if you could find it for $100! I get it into my head I want it even though it's impractical! It'd hold my giant phone, and I don't even carry files, a calendar, or notebook.

I'm totally a 9-hr of sleep person! But who ever gets that??

Last edited:
Happy Saturday! I saw every hour last night and so did Tim...I just couldn't sleep due to the meds....but he was up hacking all night with throat pain....poor Tim.... I just got him out the door to go to work today.....he works till noon today. So I am out the door myself...off to grocery shop....yep its 7 am!

Be back later! Have a lovely Saturday!

Jean, I love how sedate and calm your life is. I love it. Just my type. You have a great social scene too.
Some idiot machinery was outside at 8 and woke me!:mad:
Where did the sun go? It's like a light switch turned it off mid-morning!:mad:
Going to pick ds1 one up and go out for a family lunch. How long overdue it is. Then a few errands here and there.
Enjoy the couch, everyone. It's Saturday, after all. Hear that, Missy? Put away your groceries and rest! Make some chicken soup and put several HEADS of garlic and a couple of onions in it. And you and Tim slurp away.

How cute a scene you describe, Jean! What movies? I need to watch an Xmas one.
We went out for ribs.
We have faint fine flakes swirling around right now. Mid-30s today. Love your blanket idea but I rarely do that!

Good evening.... I took a nap for about an hour....I then woke up and felt terrible....on top of my chest hurting when I breathe....I started my period....omg....what else???

I had to walk to barn....and I was barely moving as it hurt to take deep breaths....wow....I am a mess.... as bad as Tim felt...he went to Lowes and bought an air purifier to see if it would help my breathing.... fingers crossed.... its like asthma....I think they refer to it as asthmatic bronchitis.... terrible stuff....

I lay here in the recliner watching Christmas stuff too.....

Boots is making sure I feel loved.....

Have you watched Christmas kiss or Mistletones???? Those are cute....I watched them last night I think!
It rained here today....its not too cold but its yucky and wet so it feels colder than it is.....

Tomoorow I'm doing nothing.... I washed all the laundry today and grocery shopped....so I will just rest.

Carolyn....I love to go look at Christmas lights.... Tim and I always do that every year.... it just makes it feel more like Christmas!

I sit here on Netflix trying to find something to watch....it takes me forever to make a decision....lol

Missy, you poor thing! I feel for you. Good girl for resting!
The movies in Netflix are soooo lame. I flicked thought a few of those you mentioned and couldn't stomach them. Finally settled on an old one, The Bells of St Mary's, and got two minutes in before the TV was commandeered by the men.
We drove through my brother's town and many homes had lights. Not a ton per house, but enough to be pretty.
Speaking of which, I barely have any decorations or lights.

Happy Winter Solstice, my friends! An extra second is definitely something to look forward to!
I'm making my huge brunch for the sleepyheads.
And, oh yeah, it's cloudy out.:-/

Hello Everyone!

I got out for a long walk yesterday, I feel so much better when I can get outside. Today I did the new B-Sh-Biceps workout, and I could even lift my arms afterward!

I have one dd sick in bed today, she's got some kind of stomach bug. I hope no one else catches it. It is a good day to stay in anyways. I picture a fire and Christmas movie later.

I am all for gaining sunlight!

Carolyn, I hope you're all right.

Mary, dd as well. Hope the fire and movie was relaxing.

Off to bed. Late.

Hey hey hey!

Quick check-in for me. I worked a double today and yesterday. 33 hours in 2 days is too much! I'm sooo tired. Less than an hour, left thank goodness. It was insanely busy too so I earned my money. I did however get in my breaks which was 4- 30m walks each day :) Can't wait to do a real workout tomorrow.

Ok can't think anymore haha. Sorry for the quick check-in.

Chat tomorrow!

Hiho. It's soooo dark out. I too am glad of the two-day school week. I could have used three more of sleep hours last night.
Food shopping, yes. Several places this week for me. Ugh.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.