What does your freestyle rotation look like?

lcsavik_85

Cathlete
I've searched under freestyle and found a link to a web site that put it across just fine. Now I just need to come up with ideas on how to put my rotation together. What does your rotation look like? Do you change it up month by month? Whats the secret?

I'm working on clean eating. I started eating more in November b/c my caloric intake was way below what it should be. Instead of eating once a day I make myself eat at least 4x a day. I eat fresh foods.

Any other tips?

~Reece~

Wow Reece, you were only eating once a day??

I change my rotation every four weeks. I usually have a different focus also, either cardio, strength, circuit or flexibility but try to include a little of each in every rotation:)

Right now I'm in week 10 of a 12-week rotation that I created to get me back into workout mode. I started working out again last September, and got really serious about it in October, creating this rotation toward the end of the month. I mainly just wanted to mix it up and get a little variety, because this was when I started getting serious about Cathe and I wasn't familiar with all her workouts, yet.

Well, this 12 weeks is drawing to a close and I've really made huge strides toward improving my physical and cardio abilities...but while I've seen and felt the changes to my body, my scale hasn't shown much weight loss...so....

...I've developed a 3-week rotation that I'll do next that focuses primarily on cardio workouts. My current rotation had a high focus on strength training, and some weeks I only got two cardio workouts in. Time to hit the cardio harder to provoke some weight loss and leaning up.

After that, I think I will go to a rotation that focuses on strength one week, cardio the next, and so on, to see how that works for me.

Hi Reece,

If you are only doing legs 1-2 times a week, start slow and don't overdo the legs everyday.

For example,

Monday: PLB up only premix, abs and choice of cardio

Tuesday: PS L&A floor work only and choice of cardio

Wednesday: L&G standing only/ PUB up only and cardio

Thursday: L&G floor work/abs and cardio

Thursday: LL and cardio

Friday: Upper body and some legs if you feel like it

If you let me know your fitness level and what you are doing now and what workouts you have I will help you with a rotation.

This is just an idea on how to incorporate all the leg work in.. You do want to try and hit upper body 1-2 times a week.

Beverly

I consider myself advanced. Although not as advanced as you guys. I do Cathe's rotations. I have the following Cathe Videos:
ISs, BBs, Rhythmic Step, Step Fit, Step Works, Power Max, Step Heat, HighStep Challenge, S&H series, Ab Hits, Circut Max, Cardio Kicks.
I have almost all the Firm, FitPrime, and TLP videos.

I did Aerobic base building so I can work comfortably in my anaerobic zone. I really enjoy the Terminator workouts. So I'm not afraid of hard work. I use the same wts as Cathe if not sometimes a little heavier. I'm 19 and 5'5. I'm 145 but ppl think I look more like 115-120. My measurements as of last Nov. were 36/26/39. I carry more wt in my hips. So I'm a pear. Sorry if this was too much info but I thought that would help you assess my level of fitness.

Yes, I used to barely eat once a day. I have no appetite and I've been under a considerable amount of stress. All last year I had to drink warm tea b4 I'd remember to eat so that my stomach could relax enough to receive food. I'm doing much better now that I'm eating more often during the day. I had to start with a stop watch that would go off every 2 1/2 hours.

Thanx for your suggestions. I look forward to more! I want to start freestyle next month so I want to get a game plan!

~Reece~

Hey Reece. I'm glad you can start eating more. Look girl. I have to eat every 3-4 hours & the girls at work make me out to be some kind of pig. The truth is I am skinnier & more fit than they are. The sad part about it is, my DH is also like that & won't eat all day & his belly has significantly grown in the past year. That tells me his metabolism has totally plummeted. And this guy was a skinny reed in college. So now I have started cooking his meals ahead of time so he can eat on his scheduled breaks. Mind you, this is no small task as he is the world's pickiest eater & I can count on 7 fingers the things he will eat.

But bless you girl, I know the frequent meals can be a chore. It's almost like a side job really.

So where is the Reece Out? I loved seeing that!

Marla:)

I do freestyle but I don't follow a certain rotation, I just make sure I get my legs workout at least 6 days a week followed by running 20 to 30 minutes.
Right now I do an hr workout in the am and an hr in the pm, that is till I get where I want then I will cut it down just a bit to maintain.
..... Rhonda:7

I also get my upper body workouts 2 days a week and my ABS everyday

Hi Reece,

Do you run? Have you done Cathe's August "04" rotation?

I recommend doing Cathe's August rotation to get you use to more leg work. If you run, add in some extra cardio to this rotation and let it be running. Just a suggestion..

Here is the link to Cathe's Aug rotation:

16. Aug ’04 – Body Fat & Legs/Glutes http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=1409&mesg_id=1409&page=2

You sound like you are one hot momma or as Claridge (sp) would say a yummie mummie... :7

I am glad you are eating more frequently. That once a day eating can really slow the metabolism down.
Since I started the Freestyle training/more leg work my hips have gone down 1.5 inches and my thighs almost an inch each.. but the shape to my buttocks and thighs are much nicer than they were..

Good luck and let me know what you think of my suggestions. I have tons more if you want them... :7

Beverly

Marla,
Eating more has been a chore. I just get a snack that is about the size of my hand and I'm good. I have fibromyalgia so I CAN'T eat junk food. Its been a long road to fitness for me. I started exercising when I was 15 and it nearly killed me. lol. Anyways, I did notice that my body would hord any food I did eat. I think thats b/c it was in starvation mode. My older sisters are all skinny like models and I was the one that got the tough, strong build compared to them. I always felt out of place around them. They all eat very little and one of my sisters was diagnosed as anerexic. The funny thing is that they are all jiggly. I'm not. I know I did serious damage to my metabolism trying to eat like them. I always felt like Chewbacca on a rainy day.
I'll remember to put ~Reece Out~ I didn't know if ppl got it or not. lol.

Beverly,
I'll do the August rotation next month. I was afraid to do it last year b/c my friend Jenn did it and saw her legs get thicker! So I made up my own rotation. I want any suggestions you can give me!
As for me the yummie mummie...Even though my sisters are the twigs, they hate to go in public with me. I'm the one that turns the heads and they say so!

~Reece Out~

FTA- I don't run. I've had problems with stress fractures in the foot I broke a couple of years ago.

Rhonda- Do you do a leg video or you own form for an hour? What do you do for the 2nd workout in the pm?

~Reece Out~

HI Reece,

I just decide usually as I go which leg exercises I want to do, I change them up from the ones I do in the am.... I do the ones that will lean out my thighs and hips... that is how I pick them...

If you want I will give you the web page I go to for freestyle training to sort of help me with my leg exercises....

Rhonda:7

Hi Jes & Reece,

Well the web site page that I get my exercises from is www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gideons11.htm ......
There are many lower body exercises at the almost bottom of this page that give a description, and some have a picture of the exercise being done, most just have a description, I wrote them all down and I change them up everyday. She also explains just before the exercise list how many to do for what level your at, beginner, intermediate, or advanced, so be prepared:7 .....
There are more articles on this web site that have to do with Sherry Gideons and the ladies she has worked with you can find them.

Reece, the homepage is www.bodybuilding.com

hope this helps you guys:7 :7 .. Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.