**** Watercoolers Monday ****

Hi all,

I'm working part time this summer and it is really slow. I thought I'd stop by:)

Kim and Laurie- Do you like X+? I'm on week 6 and have decided I'll probably go through the next phase then start something else. I do like it, but we are planning to go on vacation at about week 10, so I'm just going to stop. I have seen some nice gains and I was thrilled that I only have to do core+ twice a week in this phase. I've been subbing running and Cathe KB and legs; I can't bring myself to stay inside any more during the summer.

Jeanette - I hope you had a nice trip. No west trip for us this year. With fuel prices we've decided to travel up to the New England coast and farther north. I will miss the west trip though. FIL is on his deathbed, yet again. He's been in the hospital for the last 6 weeks and can't get out of bed. I am just not convinced that modern medicine always does the right thing. It's been really rough for DH.

Wendy - I'm so glad you are learning to like Shiva. I have to force myself to do other instructors. I told you long ago that you have to learn her language. "Align pelvis with heaven and earth" is neutral alignment of the pelvis, and when referencing some of the hip flexor positions she'll comment that you must have the pelvis aligned without leaking. She means that sometimes the pelvis is referred to as a bucket, with neutral alignment straight up and down, so no water would spill from the bucket. When the bucket is tilted forwards, as might happen with a lunge with the back knee down, there might be some 'leaking' of the water in the proverbial bucket out of the front. Does that make sense? I love the undulating of the spine, but it takes some getting used to. That's more in Fluid Power and my spine does not undulate very well, but I'm working on it. For me, her flows are so much more effective than most of the other instructors.

Debra - Sounds like you are doing Ok. Is the knee bothering you? Is there marriage in your future?

Patricia - Are you doing a rotation or just winging it?

I guess I'd better go. Hi to anyone I missed.

Tracy

Morning Coolers,

So far today I have done not a thing as far as exercise goes. My feet and legs hurt from walking the faire route for two days. Our opening went well with our understudy Queen. :D I'm just happy that she did so well, for never having been to a Ren Faire before. :D

After work I have on schedule Back & Biceps and ARX. Should be interesting to see how the weights for this one go. Also would like to get to the library. Otherwise it will be a very quiet evening, and just might be sleeping before 9pm. :D

Sorry to be MIA for the last 4 days, but we had some sewing to get done before the weekend, some much needed yard work done and just being outside in the beautiful weather we had. :D I so enjoyed my time off of work though.

Tracy, We will be going on vacation next week, so I am in the same boat you are. I will probably start up the last phase of the + workouts when I get back from vacation. So far I really like the plus workouts, mostly because they are short and you get a workout that works. :D Push-up seem to be getting easier for me, so I'm really interested in seeing how I do with the P90X week. :D

Patricia, Sounds like a fun time was had at the bd party for Matthew. :D What a cute cake he had! I LOVE that movie Cars. :D I didn't think that it would be as good as it was.

Kim, I was wondering how the Get Smart movie would be. When the show was on the air, I thought is was so great. :D Sounds like you are going to have a great space in your basement when it is done. :D

Debra, I didn't have a great time having DH shoot off fireworks at our house. Now we may have found out how Cami ended up in the shelter. :D She went crazy the whole time people where shooting stuff off. She really hated the ones that made the whistle noise as they where falling. Her and I sat on my bed, and I was trying to calm her down. If she had been outside, I think she would have taken off. Now I'm glad the 4th only comes around once a year. :D Must be those dang ears she has.

Wendy, Good luck with the orientation tonight! Sorry to hear that your shoulder doesn't like to sleep on air. ;-) Will have to check out the book, you know I don't read to many things outside of those hot romance novels. :7 :7 :7

Jeanette, Hope you had a great time camping.

Have a great day!

Laurie

So I caved and ordered the One on One workout that Tony created called Plyo Legs. So each month I will receive a new workout. I just can't help myself when it comes to Tony! :D

Laurie

Laurie, sounds like a good way to start July! I've been seriously thinking about P90X the last few days. If I new when STS was coming out it would really help me make my decision easier. I would hate to get the X and start it then have STS show up mid-way thru.x(

I've decided (right now anyway) to try doing some HIIT w/o's and use the weight w/o's that I have. I have GS and Pyramids and they really s/b enough for now. Today though I'm in the mood for Leaner Legs so will be doing that + some abs.:p :p

Hi all! Just wanted to let you know that I survived the amusement park..and the water park...Just barely! CBL and I rode some pretty intense roller coasters and then he made me ride a water slide that had a HUGE drop in it...UGH. Anyhoo...we were all pretty tired last night and have just been lazing around this morning. I have some chores to do around the house today...or maybe I'll wait until tomorrow since DD and I have to hang around the house all day for her to do a 24 hour urine test. Doesn't that sound like fun???

Tracy...
Shut your mouth!! I am not getting married ever again in my life if I can possibly avoid it...LOL!

Back later to catch up with the rest of personals...Sounds like everyone except for Cami had a fun weekend. And, Wendy, WTH are you doing reading metaphysical stuff?? That may be too serious for a beach side conversation!

Kisses to all!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Let Awe flow through you. Don’t let even the smallest things be taken for granted or grow stale---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Sorry for the late check-in. We didn't get home till after 1 AM, and I've been battling cramps from HEL!!! Nothing that a little ginger tea, advil, and curling up in a fetal position couldn't cure.:+

I'm going to be kind to my body and do only yoga and a little bit of cardio until I feel ready to do a rotation with weights. I've also decided to make an appointment with the doctors about my rotator cuff. So, what kind of doctor should I go see? My insurance company doesn't require a referral. So, I'm not going to spend time and $$ to see the family doctor for a referral!!!

Tracy: Yes, Shiva speaks an entirely different language than me. Thank you for the additional translating!:+ I guess I was always a bit intimidated with having to learn what she meant because my mind doesn't operate that way. And, it was too difficult for me to understand her while actually doing yoga!!! Whenever I previewed Shakti in bed, I ALWAYS fell asleep before the lunar flow. OMW! What I was missing!!! I never got to see the undulating spine stuff that she does. I don't have it down either. But, whatever I did sure felt great for my lower back Friday night!!! I'm impressed with the functionality of the matrix. When I was doing the shoulder openers in Lunar Flow, I thought, "Yeah, I can see why Tracy might not be impressed with PY4H2," and "I finally see what Tracy was talking about!!!" :7 Hey, I'm a slow learner... baby steps.;) :+

Laurie: ^^5^^ for surviving Ren Faire Independence weekend!!! While you're on vacation, I'll be starting classes. What exactly will you be doing on vacation? Lying on the beach? Hiking up the mountains? Whatever it is, I'll be visualizing you during any uncomfortable moments... like when I have to actually put my hands on some stranger's body and practice massaging them!!!!:7 :7 :7 Oh, Eat Pray Love... well... I don't know. I really enjoyed the first part of her book when she was in Italy. It's a bit out there once she arrives in India. I had to force myself to read her endless thoughts on spirituality, and I just wasn't that interested in reading about her out of body experience. And, Bali was okay. I think the book would have been better had she not forced each quest into 108 chapters divided into three equal parts. Now, that I forced myself to finish the book in one weekend, do you have a romance novel rec?}( OH! I know exactly what you mean about firecrackers and dogs!!! I was thanking God when we left Thursday night. Somewhere close by was loud fireworks. Baby was hyperventilating big time. I couldn't wait to get out into the country. There's no way I could stand watching her work herself sick during a full blown 4th of July celebration!!! I seriously think she's gonna keel over and die of a heart attack one of these days with the way she reacts to loud, sudden noise.

Debra: Urine test? I so thought of you when I was stuck in India with her!!! I wanted to turn to her and say, "Okay, now you're rambling!!!!" :7 :7 :7

Patricia: I have to take a peek at your ds' birthday party pictures. What are your goals? If you are looking to get stronger, P90X will get you there!!! If you are looking to lose weight... P90X might help. It's all about the diet; not necessarily their nutritional guide book though. I think there are better ways to lose weight than heavy lifting though. However, if you're looking to lose a few inches, P90X will should do it too!!! Before you buy the X, ask yourself what are your goals. STS isn't out yet. It isn't tested amongst regular folks either. Who knows how it compares to the X. If you want to do the X, STS will still be there. Nothing is holding you to do STS as soon as it arrives on your doorstep.

Okay ladies, Phil got home early today. I'm going to take a quick nap with him before dinner.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL.
Wendy

P90X+/Week3/ Day 2/ Interval+ and Abs+
Painting all done yesterday, yeah! Looks great! Now waiting for the carpet to come.

Wendy Good luck on the orientation tomorrow! Hope your find a doctor to look at your should. I would see a sports medicine dr or a orthopaedic surgeon for a rotator cuff injury. Hope the shoulder is feeling better and that school doesn't inflame it.

Patricia I'm glad that Matthew had such a great birthday. Thanks for sharing the picture! Very cute! I think if your considering P90X you might as well go for it, you'll use it sometime either before or after STS, it's a great program.

Tracy I am enjoying the +, I like the compound movements and the shorter workouts. I'm using my recovery days to get a run in.

Laurie You're busy as usual I see. You're going to be ready for that vacation soon! You'll have to let me know what you think of the one on one with Tony! Our dog, Bandit, used to be scared of firecrackers but that's one advantage to her being pretty much deaf. LOL She never notices thunderstorms as such any more.

For those who asked about the Abs Diet for Women. It's not really a diet plan like that in Southbeach or P90X, it's really a clean eating book. He quotes a lot of good research about which foods are good for cancer fighting, lowering cholesterol etc. Really nothing I didn't know but since my eating is often not "clean" it's a good motivator to get back to the basics (lean meats, beans, legumes, nuts, whole grains, fruits/veggies, low fat dairy). He does give an outline of am exercise program at the end of the book but I wasn't really looking for that so didn't read it in depth but I did notice lots of core work from P90X and the +.

Kim

Just finished Leaner Legs which includes abs. I don't think I've done any CTX since the winter.

Went out to Future Shop to buy a belated Father's Day and early Birthday gift for DH but he didn't want what I was suggesting but now he knows my price range and he said he'd get back to me. I just wished he would drop hints as to what he wants. He is so difficult to buy for. I can only buy so many gift certificates for Home Depot before any of the fun goes:-(

Kim - I got as far as the check-out in buy the X today. I'll probably break down b/4 the week is over. Do you w/o in your basement and you get to enjoy the new look? When we moved last year and painted I decided to hire someone to do the hardest parts. Now I dread the thought of just doing a bedroom. The experience of coming home and having it all done still puts a smile on my face. We'll be selling in 2 years so trying to save enough $$ to pay painters again even though that's the easiest part of "renovating". I did pick up the Abs Diet w/o for Women today for the HIIT workout. Will give it a try sometime this week.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you all had a good day.

Shuuush! Just now getting back for a hello!! I feel like I have been on some speeding train for the past few weeks...and I don't see an end in sight! Maybe things will calm down when we get back to school in the fall...ugh. We leave for Charleston, SC on Thursday to visit my BFF who I feel like I haven't talked to in ages! Then we should be home and calm for a couple of weeks before we head to see Wendy and her brood. My exercise routine has obviously fallen by the wayside as well....but luckily I haven't gained any weight...but I am sure that I have lost muscle mass. I should be able to follow a real routine after we get back from SC.

Okay...some quick personals before I head to bed...I will be around all day tomorrow since I will be collecting DD's urine all day. Yipee.

Tracy...
So nice to see your shining face around. Sounds like you are having a busy summer as well! I will try Shiva again and see if I get her more now, too. She is just sooooo limber...and can undulate like I am sure I will never be able to that she is a bit off putting sometimes. Hope all of your boys are doing well!

Patricia...
Glad you had such a good weekend...and that DS's party was a success! Sorry your DH is such a pain to buy for. CBL is hard too...I certainly can't pick out clothes for him...and things I would think he would like, he doesn't. Darn men.

Laurie...
It's amazing that your Queen did so well since she doesn't have the experience with Ren Faires. That's great! I decided to count the walking at the amusement park as part cardio yesterday...and I was certainly out of breath after the roller coaster rides...Does that count?? LOL! I did get some extra leg work with walking up the endless flights of stairs for the water slides. I can't even imagine how warn out you must be after a weekend of working the faire! I am sure any extra wine calories are sweat off...LOL! Sorry about Cami's sensitive ears...poor girl! Polly went chasing after a frog last night...luckily she didn't catch it. More Tony?? A glutton for punishment is more like it!

Wendy....
My love...Sorry to hear about all of your cramps and general malaise! Hope you guys had a good weekend at SC. I guess I would see either an orthopedist or a physical therapist for your shoulder...at least that would be a start. It's nice your insurance doesn't require referrals. I just have to say....my spine does not undulate like Shiva's either...I am sure CBL would be happier if it did....LOL! You know you can always tell me to shut up whenever I am rambling!!! I am so bad about reading books that do not have a story line. I prefer novels and even some nonfiction...I need to follow a character line. Does that make me shallow????? I am sure that Laurie (nee Friske) can help you with the romance novels...I read a lot of crime fiction and contemporary fiction. Did you really nap with Phil...or did you 'nap'??? LOL! I am sure you will like P&S...Eoin moves a lot slower in this one so you have time to get your alignment right.

Kim...
Sounds like you have been a busy bee!!!!! Are the kids enjoying their summer break so far?? Glad you are enjoying the X+ workouts. It seems like they are a good fit for you. When does your DS go in for his 'private part' surgery...sometime in August?? Movies are crazy expensive now...especially if you want a little treat....and it is hard to pass up the popcorn! DD and I usually try to go to the matinees which helps a bit on the cost.

Jeanette...
Hope you are having a great time on your camping trip!

Okay...off for now...Hope everyone has a great evening!

Kisses to all!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Let Awe flow through you. Don’t let even the smallest things be taken for granted or grow stale---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.