Watercooler - Sipping Something on Saturday

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Happy Saturday to all who are around. Today is 4ds chest and back plus core and yoga.

I'll check back later.

Tracy

Hey all! Happy Saturday. Today and yesterday, no workout. I must get off my lazy bottom one of these days and stick with it. I have no idea what is going on with me these days. I am definately feeling pretty frumpy from not having a consistent workout. So tomorrow, I will do something, I promise.

Yesterday was gorgeous here. We were outside pretty much most of the day. Today I am volunteering at my sons school. They are having a country faire, and I get to do snacks(why would they put me there?}() for a few hours. It is suppose to be in the 90's here today. The weather has definately been teasing us these days. It goes from the 50's/60's and jumps to the 90's. It has been doing that for weeks now. I am so ready for summer. Anyone else ready for a steady state of warm weather?

I hope that everyone has a great workout today and a great day. I really do hope to catch up with all of you tomorrow.

Lea

Good Morning All.

Sipping on my 1st coffee of the day. Decided to be ambitious this a.m. and made pancakes from scratch. We usually go out for breakfast either Sat or Sun. When I looked outside all I see is WHITE}( Not in the mood at all to go out.

Anyhow, the pancakes were a success and we even had fresh blueberries and real maple syrup so can't complain.

I'm feeling pretty stiff today so might try a new yoga video I have.

Lea - I am so ready for any kind of summer. Its been winter here since November (which I understand was early)

Anyhow, need that 2nd cuppa this a.m. I stayed up until 1am for some reason last night and feeling it today.

Ack! I see there's two threads going for today. Traci started one earlier, so be sure to go and read it if you can.

I'm off on our usual Saturday antics, with an added bonus of going to the zoo at the end of it all. So, I probably won't be around again until bedtime. I'm still disgruntled about losing my long post last night.

Anyhow, I need to finish getting the lunches and snacks packed for the day, then hit the showers. I did Amy B's ASCII today, as produced. As usual, fun fun fun. I was too brain-foggy this morning to even attempt her new workouts.

I hope you're all doing well. I look forward to hearing Jeanette's Friday Family Feast report.

Have a great time at the Bay, Traci!!!

Cheers,
Sandra

I decided to be useful for a day and paste Traci's post here, as she's probably already left for the bay:

****Traci's Post****

Used the book flag today as it means "I need help" ROF- Why do these things strike me as funny at times?

Up early- but early client had written a cancel email- she has a dog that is struggling right now... my heart aches for her... 9am client & then off to bay .... We are planning on staying til' early Monday...I mean like 5am Monday! - Just gives us an extra 1/2 day to relax. Planning on being off next weekend to start enjoying a bit of the "pleasant summer" that we have until June when it becomes hell!

SANDRA:
You poor thing! I felt your venom! YOWZA.....Its not time for Alexadria to come out is it??? Stacys knockin' on the door over here! That wench ate a Jack in the Box meal yesterday! She hasnt eaten a fast food meal in YEARS!

JEANETTE:
Wendell takes little mini private golf lessons every year just because it IS so hard not to develop bad habits... He says its weird because you dont even realize WHY your game has gone south but 1 2-hr session with the local golf pro & he's back on track. With the cost of a round here its well worth it so you can get a good game. ! I am just at 5 regular in-person clients but thats 11-15 hrs of training a week... I have a few that are come & go so thje weeks when everyones motivated & present I'm a busy bee! - I can see how it all may cramp my style this summer but I feel blessed & grateful at this point. Enjoy family time/painting/riding all weekend!!!

NICOLE:
LUV'd the pics! Just wonderful! So sorry about the house but it is what it is.... NEXT!

TRACY: I hope to break the seal on my new DVDs at some point this weekend or next weekend at the bay... Seems theres no time to preview anything here at the house so maybe it'll get done at bay. Glad you are getting good use out of all the new purchases. .... The hip is simply a pulled muscle that wouldnt have happened IF I had stretched as my body was demanding... I didnt so it bit back.... I'm thinking of doing "B&G Lite" this morning to work thru it...Either that or Kickboxing.... I had no idea about GF being XGF or the surgery! My oh my alot happens around your personal little watercooler doesnt it? Gosh I hope XGF is learning how to eat healthy now.

KIM
Sorry about your frustration...I too am a person that just wants an FYI on things like backorders...Let it roll- too many other things in life to deal with.... On running- I recall many people being really shocked that 3 months of X & little to no running truly didnt affect their capacity... Intyeresting isnt it? I think its a great lesson in cross training.

DEBRA
Hope date night was loads of fun! What was the "take out"??? I LOV take out food.... Do you all have things like Take Out Taxi? When I was single I ordered a feast every weekend & ate on it all week! LOL - So hows the knee? Be careful honey or you & I will have to plan a week of RECOOPERATION together!

PATRICIA
"Might do Ssex cardio core later though." ROF! WTH is THAT? Sounds like a Debra workout to me!~~ ^5 to meet a woman in Cathe-Land that isnt afraid to admit she ate a lousy donut! I KNEW I liked you!!!

Christiane
Glad you had time to come back by! D you sleep your same "hrs" easily when you travel or are you all over the place? ~ ITA on Classic Stretches lady... A bit of a loone but she stretches you good! ~~ I LUV my gardening time as well!!! I feel most centered & at peace after a day of being outside with critter/soil/nature... Love every second of the hard work.

LAURIE
Yet ANOTHER thing that made me laugh heartily! <<I made one of the recipes from that WW cookbook last night. I know it was in the Greek section and started with a P.>> So whats up this weekend????? DD running/training??? R.F. meetings????

Off to drink more coffee & decide what Stacy would like to do to work off the Jack in the Box -

Traci
"Everything that doesn't go right, goes wrong for all the right reasons" Eoin Finn
*****End of Traci's Post*****

*****Traci's Second Post*****

Stacy decided to go back to bed with the heating pad.... now she has to shower & go over to clients (poor unsuspecting client!).... She's also wondering where the heck all the coolers are?

Great weekend to all if I dont talk to you again- Wendell will have the truck packed up & leaving the driveway when I get back....

Traci
"Everything that doesn't go right, goes wrong for all the right reasons" Eoin Finn
*****End of Traci's Second Post****

Sandra

Good morning,
Just finished Pyramid Upper Body, up premix (sans abs), then did 3 combos from Amy's ASCI. Now on to help DH with his painting.

BBL on to post, may be tonite. Was tired last night so didn't post. Dinner with Mom and Dad was good, though my spicy sausage rice mix might have been a little too spicy for Grandma. They loved the cornbread though. Also need to work on downloading some pictures for my Mom this weekend.

Jeanette

S&H Biceps plus 40 minutes cardio(don't know which one yet)

I don't know if one body part a day is working for me. I have DOMS in my legs but that's about it. I may switch it up next week and leave my cardio and weights separate like I normally do.

Sandra, Thanks for re-posting Traci's early morning post. Sorry you lost your epic post last night:( I hate when that happens. Enjoy your fun filled Saturday:D

Tracy, I like the 4DS series but rarely do it in it's entirety. I need to learn the choreography from the step routines and have been too lazy to up to this point. Costco is a very dangerous placex( I have to stick to my list, which I do unless my DH is with me then all bets are off!

Traci, Enjoy your weekend at the bay! I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures, it was a lot of fun:) I bet you wish your early client had come and the later had canceled. More fun at the bay that way:)

Lea, Enjoy the heat wave! We are supposed to have the same weather this weekend and it's already quite toasty outsidex( Unfortunately for us we are dealing with Santa Ana winds as well.

Debra, I so wish we had a farmer's market! I envy cities that have those available. Did you have a nice night with CBL? Any plans for the weekend? Are you all done with class now?

Patricia, The pancakes sound yummy! Sorry to hear you are still dealing with snow:(

Christiane, Sounds like you're super busy as of late! Enjoy your world travels:)

Laurie, Sounds like you've got your rotation all figured out. I want to do a 4DS rotation one day. It's a good series. Did you get your run in last night? How is the weather?

Off to workout!

Nicole

Feel the burn!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Busy morning here. Did a 8 mile run and then went to ds's science fair. He won a silver medal! He was very excited. Now I think I will read/nap for a bit before I figure out what's up for the rest of the day. Kim

Afternoon Ladies,

I didn't workout yesterday at all, just didn't feel like it when I got home from work. Had more fun watching "Ferris Buellers Day Off" with the girls. I ran my 3.5m this morning, and did Barry's BC Lower Body workout. Like this one lots. Good plyo leg workout. Should be some type of warning though. Tubing slipped from under my foot and now I have a stripe on the inside of my right leg. It actually looks worse than it feels. May attempt a BBC upper and ab workout later today. I am heading to Target right now, need to get some coffee, since they have it on sale for $7. And also need some face products. Of course I probably will come home with more items than I actually need. :7 :7

Tracy, I will probably attempt some yoga tomorrow. I have not done a full workout in a while.

Lea, Oh your weather sounds wonderful. Right now it is raining and only 38 deg. Hey don't worrry about the workouts. One day at a time, and you will be back in the swing.

Patricia, I was just looking at a pancake recipe in Fitness Mag. It had berries in it and my mouth was drooling just looking at it. :9 Dang on the white stuff that has decended on you. I'm actually glad we have rain right now.

Sandra, I bet your lost post was one of your best ones yet. Sorry we didn't get a chance to read it. Have fun at the zoo, I wonder if that toddler of yours will give us a funny story. :D

Traci, I hope your weekend at the Bay is relaxing. Hubby is heading out to Vegas on Sunday. He said next year that he and I will head out their early to go to the Nascar race. I am getting excited. Will have to talk to my brother and SIL to see if they want to go to. I actually have nothing going on this weekend. DD's track meet was cancelled because of rain/cold. DH is off to do some ren faire things, but will be back later today. I'm just cleaning and relaxing.

Jeanette, PUB before painting. WTG, hope you are not to sore at the end of the day. ;-) I love cornbread. :9 Was the sausage as spicy as the gumbo we had at the Bistro? That was really good sausage. Makes me want to write to Childers to find out what brand sausage that was.

Debra, My running is just for fun, it is about the only thing I have found that makes my legs look good. Since I started the X, I have not been running, and I found that I missed it way too much. Running around after Polly sounds like a workout to me. Or did you have to spend that time in the car looking for her. I had to do that once with Cami. Today she ran out and was going to chase a squirrel. She stopped when DH shouted out. I was so impressed.

Nicole, How long are you on the current SH rotation you are doing now? I'm not including any of the step workouts for my 4DS rotation. I'm such a clutz, that I probably would hurt myself. See above and the tubing incident.

Kim, WTG on the 8 mile run. Congrats to DS on his silver for the science fair. That was the one where they did a fitness test isn't it?

Well I'm going to head out to Target (in my sweat pants and shirt), and get back to finish up the kitchen. x(

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi all,

Sorry I missed Traci's original post. I saw the one from Friday and didn't look any further down. It's harder to pick up now that it doesn't start with an X.

4DS chest & back is done with some pull ups and a few chin ups. I think I'll save more chins for Monday. I actually felt good on the pull ups, so I was happy about that. It was a struggle to get through the workout though. Some days it just is. My bicep felt a little tweeky. I was going to stick with this for 4 weeks, but boredom has crept in already. I may have to take a short recovery week next week. I don't know, maybe it is just my mood today.

Traci - Sorry about the hip. I love to use heat, but I think ice is more theraputic. I'm still struggling with my piriformis muscle and ice it every night. I'm probably never doing any of Amy's strength routines again. Everytime I do, I get an injury. I do like her cardio though. I hope you have a nice time at the bay.

Jeanette - I hope you have fun with the painting. I hate to paint. Well, I don't really hate to paint, I hate to clean up the mess.

Lea - Glad you popped in for a split second. I guess they don't know you very well at school; putting you with the food:) I hope you have a nice time.

Nicole - I think that 4ds as produced is really a good series. I'm not a one body part a day person, so I've turned it into a split. I love the KB/leg routine.

Laurie - Oh still nasty weather. At least you are using your Barry's. Those have tempted me, but I don't usually workout like that so I've tried to stay away.

Kim - Great job on the 8 miles. I guess you didn't loose anything with the X and it probably gave your body a chance to recouperate from running overuse kinds of things.

Sandra - I can't remember what you are doing today besides the normal busy things. Are you still baking regularly? I saw a pasta machine on Food TV the other night, just like I was looking for a while ago for my tortillas, but I could never find it in a store.

Patricia - I was going to comment on your evening S* activity, but Traci beat me to it. I guess you and Debra have a lot in common:)

If I missed someone I'm sorry. I tried to do this from memory. I think I'll go and wash my truck. It desperately needs it and I probably should go outside. It's really pretty nice today.

Tracy

Good evening, everyone. How was your day?

Lea - I understand the frumpy feeling, but thought you were seriously busy these days? Don't beat yourself up if life is just getting in the way. With small children in the family, you don't have the luxury of deciding your own schedule, much of the time. What snack did you bring to the faire? Was it a raw food goodie?

Patricia - That first coffee of the day is the best part of the whole day, IMO. You go out for breakfast on the weekends? Nice! How'd the yoga go? I got a chuckle from the SSex cardio core, too. Am I right in thinking you were refering to Slim in Six (SSix)?

Traci - If anyone can understand what your client's going through, and be empathetic, it's you. I'm sure the client appreciates that. You ate a JitB meal? We don't have those here, but fast food is fast food, no matter where you go. Did it taste as good as you remember, or did you regret wasting good calories on bad food?
I hope your hip is settling down by now. Heat, Ice, whot the heck knows? I say: alternate them LOL!!

Jeanette - How'd the painting go? Do you always make the same cornbread? And if so, do you care to share the recipe? I love cornbread. Nice weights & cardio workout you did today.

Laurie - I don't think I've ever before heard YOU say that you didn't do a workout because you just didn't feel like it. Wow, you must have been tired. Now that you mention it, I don't recall you ever doing a step workout, either. What brought you to Cathe-land, if you're not a stepper? Hmmm toddler story. How about this one? Yesterday as she was heading out the front door after her sister, to play, I told her to put shoes on her feet. When I looked out a minute later, I saw that she'd indeed done as she was told, and was proudly walking around with an oversized purple rubber boot on one foot, and a huge fluffy pink slipper on the other. Cracked me up. I guess I should have told her to wear *matching* footwear.

Nicole - Curious minds want to know what 40min cardio you picked today?

Kim - Congratulations to DS!!!

Tracy - I hope you figure out a way to spice up the rotation a bit. What about doing the CST and BB premixes from 4DS? I find them more challenging than the as-produced weight work. Did you buy the pasta machine? The only thing I'm baking regularly is whole wheat oatmeal bread. I'd love to bake more often, but we need more people around to eat the results.

Er, did Debra have plans today? I'm surprised we haven't heard from her. Maybe she's partying with the Fundamentalists tonight.

The day was excellent. The ymca activities got done just fine (only one more Super Saturday!!), and the weather was summer-like perfect (sorry Kim and Patricia. Maybe it's on it's way to you, too). When the zoo closed we picked up some sandwiches from Subway for dinner and went to a big park to eat them. The kids played like nutballs for a couple hours, then we came home. All that sunshine and fresh air has us plummed tuckered out. Have a great evening! See you tomoorrow.

Sandra

Hi everyone,
Today's workout was Pyramid Upper Body, up premix, then 3 combos of Amy's ASCI. After that, I helped DH on the house with his painting project. Later on, DH and I loaded up the dogs, a hibachi and ice chest into the Jeep and left for the woods. DH BBQ'd some beef patties and brats. He also made a green bean salad that was pretty tasty. Very relaxing time. When we got back, I cleaned my bike and car in prep for tomorrow's ride. My niece came over and brought a pair of Pearl Izumi mtn. bike shoes to me that fit perfectly. She got into cycling a few years ago, but only briefly and is getting rid of her stuff.

Lea, we had a beautiful weather day today too. Maybe spring is finally here? Saw lots of people outside on motorcycles. Am really looking forward to going camping when the snow melts.

Patricia, bet the pancakes were good. I LOVE pancakes! Hope you got a little nap in today. I took a Sudafed earlier and it's really helped the PND, but may keep me up tonite.

Sandra, so sorry about the lost post. Wonder where those go? How was the zoo? You and I were on the same wavelength with doing Amy workouts today. I had to get my mind in gear. Only did 3 combos. Well, the family feast went well. Mom and Dad enjoyed the sausage rice casserole, though I think it may have been a bit spicy for Grandma. She is dozing a lot lately. Her weight is now up to 99#. Dr. has her on Lasix again. Her heart is just getting tired. She is a good patient for my Mom, which I'm thankful for. The cornbread turned out really well, though I forgot to buy sour cream and subbed with fat-free plain yogurt. I'll email you the cornbread recipe, hopefully tomorrow. LOL about your toddler and the shoes. What a character. She will be able to think outside the box! Sounds like you had a very nice day with the kids. What were the temps? We were in the 70's today. Our dogs are sacked out right now. They wore themselves out today too.

Traci, hope you have a great time at Bay. Will you be playing "Bye, Bye Miss American Pie"? That's a long song that I think Wendell could take advantage of. Wendell is soooo right about needing lessons for a tuneup. I tell you what, I can get one thing fixed but come up with 5 others right away. A lesson is going to be on the calendar as soon as I can find someone to give me one. I received a recommendation the other day so will pursue that. Hope the hip is feeling better. What did you do to cause it? I don't think I read that anywhere.

Laurie, some days I'm just not motivated to work out and figure I need a rest when that happens. Sorry about the injury with the tubing. Hope it heals soon. I didn't have to paint today, just take down the masking tape and paper, but lots of up and down on the ladder. After that, I got the hose and hosed down the cobwebs on the vinyl siding. DH still has the trim on the back of the house to scrape and paint. That was good sausage in the gumbo at the bistro, now that I think about it. No, this was just plain Italian sausage, though it had a bit of a bite to it. I also added some jalapenos to it, as was called for.

Nicole, I'll probably do a 1 body part rotation soon. I may do the 4DS as I never gave it much of a chance. Sorry that the appraisal didn't go better. At least you have a fresh house.

Kim, great job on the 8 mile run. The most I ever ran was 4 miles and that was a couple years ago. Congrats on your DS's silver medal! Bet he was excited. He sounds like a well rounded kid. Does he still have the paper route?

Tracy, did you get your truck washed? My Jeep needs it badly. Hope the prison opens up the car wash soon. You can get your car washed for $3 and washed and waxed for $5. Sometimes it's a good job done, other times, not so good.

Well, must go. Looking forward to tomorrow's group bike ride. Will be stretching the distance from my high 20's to mid 40's, which I really need, plus some climbing too.

Nighty, night.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.