THE BEST BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!!

pjlippert

Cathlete
So, DS's teacher called me today to give me the BEST BEST BEST, BEST BESTTTTTTT birthday present ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Randy's test scores for NWEA and his INCREDIBLE improvement!!! Possibly setting a school record!

The beginning of the year his test scores were as follows:

Math 60th
Language 50th
Reading...... 13th percentile OUCH!!!:(

As of this last round of testing... are you ready for this?!?!?!??!

Math 90th percentile
Language 70th

Ready... are you sitting down??? Are you sure you're ready for this???

Reading - he is at the 95th percentile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::D:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of him!! I'm gonna gush over him in spades today!!!

It blows me away because last Summer I was having him tutor'd for basic sight words (he's in 2nd grade) .... he has become a voracious reader of chapter books now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just HAD to share with EVERYBODY.

I'm going to get his Reading Intervention Coach and teacher a VERY special gift!!

A VERY VERY VERY SUPERLY DUPER PROUD Pam

Congratulations! That is absolutely wonderful news! I'm a literature teacher, and I know how reading can transform lives. So good to hear. I think a trip to the library is in order :)

Pam:

that is just the best. You must be one proud mother! Say congratulations to your son from your Cathe friends and tell him we all think he is special. Congrats to you and your son!

Clare

pjlippert said:
thank you ALL soooo much! I am absolutely gushing!

Pam

And, gushing you should do! This almost brought a tear to my eye! Big, big hugs to Randy! And, one to his tudor too!

that's wonderful news-- as a reading intervention teacher, I'm curious-- do you know which program they were using?

That is awesome news....could you share his studying secrets? What did you do to make such an improvement? I would love to see improvement with my son's reading. I think that is so so so so important!!

Happy Birthday too!!

Hi there- I will check with his Reading Intervention Coach as to the program she is using. I've had quite a few people ask me. Randy is on an ILP so the school offers this progam to help get them on track.

Pam

Sorry..another question, what grade is he in? Both my first grader and fourth grader could use some help!!

Hi Jenn- he is in 2nd grade. They put him on the ILP officially at the end of 1st grade. I will email his coach and let you know.

Pam

Congratulations! That is absolutely wonderful news! I'm a literature teacher, and I know how reading can transform lives. So good to hear. I think a trip to the library is in order :)

Hear, hear! Another language arts here. Congrats on those tremendous gains, and yes, keep 'im reading! :)

That is SOOO EXCITING! I just love hearing news like this! It brought a tear to my eye! Congrats to you both! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.