Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 5/12/2024

didnt do a lot yesterday. long appt with the plumber to get water heater fixed, did therapy work and several sets of upper body moves.
mountain biked this morning. 2 hours about 8 miles. uphill one direction and all downhill on the way back. its not hard but a good conditioner. breathing hard for an hour and fifteen minutes going uphill really helps adjust to exercise at altitude.
we are likely driving sometime during memorial weekend. definitely not friday or monday! most likely sunday. the middle of holiday weekends is usually decent driving and no road construction either. if weather cooperates we want to do a short backpack into the park monday. we never backpacked into the park before so if weather is ok, we have a permit. short mileage, like 2 miles each way. definitely nothing epic. it might rain/snow a little so if its unpleasant we can bail.

This morning I did CDorner All Standing Upper Body Arms Only (this does have some shoulders which seems to be included in a lot of arm workouts) 41 minutes, 179 calories, heart rate 120/144. I finished with CDorner Day 14 of the 14 day challenge, Mobility/Flexibility/rest & restore, 28 minutes, 35 calories. This was 45 seconds for each movement pattern. I have done this before and liked it. Total time was 69 minutes, 214 calories.

Carolyn, nice work on RWH Low Impact HiiT One today.

Valerie, nice work getting in therapy work and some upper body yesterday and mountain biking this morning.

This morning I did STS 2 Back and Biceps no repeats. I've been prepping food today to take with me tomorrow, supper for DH and 4 days of salads for me. It's a 2 hour drive, so it'll be up and out in the morning.

Valerie sounds like a great Mt. Bike ride today, therapy and upper body work yesterday. I hope your backpacking trip goes well. We're 80ish the next 5 days so the thought of snow seems so weird.

Diane Sue great job with CDorner Cardio Aerobics All Standing/Low Impact, stretch and CDorner All Standing upper Body Arms Only and Mobility/Flexibility.

Carolyn great job with RWH Low Impact HiiT One.

Hi Judy!

its been mid 70's some days here so yes, snow sounds weird. its a higher elevation in the park and theres a storm system moving thru dropping temps. monday may not have been a good day but we picked it last week and forecast was better then. this explains why we have not successfully backpacked here before. a lot of times they "over forecast" too. the road we rode today is usually much colder than the area around it, like 20 degrees colder, but today it was warmer. tomorrow we are going on a walk with our neighbors, it starts on a road but gets to be more of a trail/ATV route depending on how far we go.

we did our walk this morning. we drove to the reasonably driveable road end and walked from there. its a road by an extremely loose definition. its gravel and chunky rocks and goes uphill relentlessly. took us 4 hrs 15 min round trip ending at 7220 feet. about 5-6 miles total but very hard walking in sections on big chunky loose rocks. it went further but we were getting into snow. there were two guys who'd walked up to ski who were walking down. wow, to be that young again!. it was very pretty up there but very rough "trail". we had planned on something tomorrow but are taking the day off and doing groceries instead.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.