?-P90X rotation using Cathe

lcsavik_85

Cathlete
I'd like to know how to format a rotation like P90X using my Cathe DVDs. I want the definition and tone!
Any ideas?

~Reece Out~

Thanx Jo! I like to know an outline of the P90X rotation. So that way I can incorporate other workouts. I just need to know the rules.

~Reece Out~

Here's what the P90X Classic rotation looks like:'
Weeks 1-3:
Day 1: Chest/Back/abs
Day 2: Plyometrics (Any of the IMAX's would work well as a sub here)
Day 3: Shouders/Biceps/Triceps/Abs
Day 4: Yoga
Day 5: Leg and Back and Abs (several people doing a P90X rotation with me omitted the back here and added either some cardio blasts or more leg work)
Day 6: Kickboxing
Day 7: Rest or Stretch

Weeks 4, 8 and 13 (recovery: not very conducive to Cathe workouts):
Day 1: Yoga
Day 2: Core Synergistics (I sub a functional fitness workout here)
Day 3: Kickboxing
Day 4: Stretch
Day 5: Core Synergistics
Day 6: Yoga
Day 7: Rest or Stretch

Weeks 5-7
Day 1: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Abs
Day 2: Plyometrics
Day 3: Back/Biceps/Abs
Day 4: Yoga
Day 5: Legs and back/Abs
Day 6: Kickboxing
Day 7: Rest or stretch

weeks 9-12 alternate the pattern from weeks 1-3 (weeks 9 and 11) and the pattern from weeks 5-7 (weeks 10 and 12).

Kathyrn have you almost finished your rotation of Cathe in the P90X form? I'm curious to know if you think you are seeing similar results as from the P90X program? I know everyone raved about the P90X results so I'm curious? Thanks

Yep, thats exactly what I wanted.
There isn't a lot of cardio. Is there a reason?
I have all the TLP functional fitness workouts so thats what I'll use during recovery weeks.
Thank you!
~Reece Out~

>There isn't a lot of cardio. Is there a reason?
>
P90X focuses on strength and muscular development, and therefore minimizes cardio which can burn up your hard-earned muscle.

>Kathyrn have you almost finished your rotation of Cathe in
>the P90X form? I'm curious to know if you think you are
>seeing similar results as from the P90X program? I know
>everyone raved about the P90X results so I'm curious? Thanks

I'm on week 5 (three weeks with Gym Styles, a recovery week with non-Cathe functional fitness and stretching, now on Muscle Max/Hardcore Extreme/HSC).

I have noticed that I can't increase my weights the way I did in P90X (more weight or reps with almost every workout). I miss the longer breaks and stretches in P90X, which I think were a big part of getting results. For example, I could do quite a few push-ups on my toes in P90X, but I have to leave more of a break between sets to do them in GS.

The lower body work in GS is more effective for me than P90X lower body.

I think P90X upper body with GS lower body would work well for me. And Cathe really doesn't offer any " recovery week" type workouts (I don't like Stretch Max, and find it less effective than P90X stretches or even Cool it Off from BeachBody's " Slim Series."

Thanks for the information it was what I needed to know. That way I can think of ways to cycle my workouts for the results I want to achieve. Thank you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.