Opinions please.....

gidget1978

Cathlete
I have been doing P90X for the past 8 weeks now. When its over, I certainly wouldn't call myself a P90X grad b/c I didn't do any of the cardio workouts, follow the food plan or follow the schedule to a "T". What I have been doing is doing the weight workouts, 3 x's a week and doing whatever cardio I desire...which is usually running. I haven't seen any big changes so this is why I am thinking the way I am....

I have a wedding in 3 weeks time and Im wearing a halter dress...so ya know, arms all the way. Yesterday the idea popped into my head to do Cathes Tank Top Rotation for the next 3 weeks using the GS's and 4DS.
Do you guys think I should stick out the next 4 weeks with P90X, or do what I am thinking? I also thought I could do P90X, I suppose, plus add in somemore cathe weight work?
What are your thoughts?

Lori:)

Hi,
I did every single one of the P90X workouts and didn't see many results. I followed the workouts to a T, but like you, not the eating, though I do eat really well. I saw more results when I started Cathe's 4DS.

Can you tell me where to find that tank top rotation please?

Thanks,
Jodi

Hi,

Are you using a pull up bar or bands? I've had great results with p90X, but always used a pull up bar. For me, using the bar and forcing myself to hoist my body weight really took my upper body to the next level. I've done my own cardio too. I hate to leave things before I'm finished, but if it's not working then it may be time for a change. Are you eating enough and not chewing up the muscle with too much cardio? I also noticed an almost immediate change in my upper body once I stopped doing Amy's cardio when I was doing the X (way too many repetitive arm movements).

I've also had GREAT results with 4ds, and similar strength gains. Plus, 4ds cardio has very limited repetitve arm movements.

Tracy

Yep, I always use to pull up bar and can do quit a few. Im thinking if I do the TTR, I can do a few pull ups when doing back.

Im not sure where you can find the TTR, but basically its working all UB 1 x's, then shoul,bics and tris 2 more x's and legs 1 x's.

Lori:)

Hi Lori,

I just found this:
grouphugg.gif

Is this what you're looking for? I think it looks great--I'm going to do it myself!!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Lori,
Some might think it's too much, but I added 1 circuit w/o (Gauntlet, Drill Max, etc) once a week and 2 Cathe leg w/o's (1 endurance and 1 strength)to p90x and am seeing a lot of strength and definition. Pull ups have gone from 4 unassisted to 6 in 3 weeks. Cardio is 3x a week (usually running). As far as diet, this is the tough part. One cheat day isn't enough for me, so if I'm really good M-F, I'll allow myself to have a cheat weekend. I really like P90X, but if you're not enjoying it and not seeing results, it might be better to change- IMO Gym Style Series and 4DS are just as good as P90X.

Thanks Allison ! he he he !

I thought it was my computer because what I was was one of the famous rectangles with colored shapes inside, then your smileys !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.