Need new mattress advice

susieq

Cathlete
We are looking at a memory foam or laytex mattress. The memory foam one is a lot more. I like the idea of the laytex, it has a pillow top and felt wonderful for the few minutes I was on it in the store.

Any help would be so appreciated!

Susan

we have a tempurpedic. on the rare occasion i actually get to get into bed to sleep:p.... i love this mattress! so comfy and we sleep like bears in it!

we have a tempurpedic. on the rare occasion i actually get to get into bed to sleep:p.... i love this mattress! so comfy and we sleep like bears in it!

My husband and I decided to buy the Tempurpedic Rhapsody mattress. It feels so comfy. I can't wait! Over $3,000 though:eek::eek::eek:

Thanks!

Someday soon you'll get to sleep more....then they become teenagers and you're back to no sleep.

We, too, sucked it up and bought Tempurpedic mattresses and have not looked back! They last forever, don't attract mites and bed bugs, conform to your body, what else can I say? Oh, yeah, since we got this mattress set, I have had no neck, back or hip pain! I used to wake up in the middle of the night with one or all of these before Tempurpedic. Expensive? Yes. Worth the price? YES!

Tricia

Almost forgot! You can get just the 1-3" Tempurpedic tops. I know someone who has one and she likes it.

I have to agree with the other Tempurpedic users. They are HEAVEN!! I used to wake up all the time, but now I sleep like a baby. Keep in mind that you spend quite a bit of time in bed (if you're lucky), so the price is sooo worth it!

My husband and I bought a Sleep Number and I love it! He can have his very soft side and I can have my hard side. We sleep so much better now.

Thanks to everyone. The Temper-Pedic we were looking at was $4800!!! This was the new model. I think we need to go back and look at the other models. The laytex bed was $3000 and felt like lying on a cotton ball. Decisions, decisions!

OK, so I blame this thread:p I looked at the Tempurapedic's last month and decided which model I liked best, but didn't buy it. We were waiting to spend the money because we just paid our son's school bill. :eek::eek::eek:

Well...
I just got home from pulling the trigger on the Rhapsody mattress set. King size $3800 + tax. I also bought a set of tempurapedic sheet for$289:eek::eek: Geez, king sheet sets cost big bucks!

You people sell me on more stuff:cool:
Thanks bunches-((hugs)):)

"OK, so I blame this thread:p I looked at the Tempurapedic's last month and decided which model I liked best, but didn't buy it. We were waiting to spend the money because we just paid our son's school bill. :eek::eek::eek:

Well...
I just got home from pulling the trigger on the Rhapsody mattress set. King size $3800 + tax. I also bought a set of tempurapedic sheet for$289:eek::eek: Geez, king sheet sets cost big bucks!"

How cool Cynthia! We decided to go with the laytex bed. I hope we're not sorry. Let me know how you like your new bed. We get ours Mon. Can't wait!!!

Go Tempurapedic!

I love my Termpurapedic (spelling is wrong? I don't know). I had the most horrible pains in my back and hips and neck until I bought this and I wake up feeling ever so much better. It's a little challenging in the winter because it 'stiffens' up until you warm it up with your body, and some people think it's warm in the summer - but I have a mock - feather bed on top of it and don't think that it's too warm.

Sleep Number

My husband and I bought a Sleep Number and I love it! He can have his very soft side and I can have my hard side. We sleep so much better now.

We are dying to get a sleep number bed! Just need to save up some; I'm happy to hear you love it!

We bought my daughter a new mattress from a national chain mattress store on Monday. She slept on it for two nights and came down the second morning with 17 bites on her lower leg...now...these COULD have been mosquito bites, but none of the rest of us got bitten and she didn't do anything or go anywhere we hadn't been. We suspected bed bugs...it just seemed too coincidental with the purchase of the brand new mattress. The pattern of the bites looked awfully similar to the the pics we saw online. Anyway, we brought the mattress back and had to raise a bit of a stink to get our money back, but they finally did. Then we drove down the street to Bob's (those of you who live in the northeast and near a Bob's...do you love that place...free haagen daaz!!) and bought her a "Bob-o-Pedic" because we read that the memory foam mattress aren't conducive to bugs. It's being delivered on Thursday....I'll give my review of it then!

In the meantime, I'm praying we caught those little bugs before they spread..yuck!!

Aimee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.