Lots of cathe on ebay..???

booboo

Cathlete
Hello ladies,
Does anyone know if cathe sells her dvd's in bulk at a discount or something along those lines? There are at least 2 sellers on ebay that sell the majority if cathe dvd's posted there. Are these the real thing or just very good duplicates? The prices there are somewhat better. Now I know this sounds silly, but i feel like if I buy them from ebay that I am cheating on Cathe! Also that if they are copies, it bothers me to pay that much money for something that cost someone pennies to make straight out of there house! To buy from CAthe or from Ebay! I hope you ladies can help me with my conundrum :eek:
BooBoo

Cathe does sell in packages of 8, 23, 27, 36, 40 and 44 DVD's. The prices are very good. Go to the order page and all the workouts are listed there.
Susan C.M.:D

I would be willing to bet they bought them from Cathe in bulk and are selling them individually on ebay at profit as resellers. Which I am sure SNM is perfectly aware of ....I would think that would only help Cathe, as it sells more of her videos. If she doesn't want to offer things in bulk at a discount, she would stop doing it.....

Just my guess
Jen

Hello,
I wanted to add that you may want to purchase your DVDs from Cathe. Even though the resellers may have purchased them from bulk from Cathe, if the DVD is defective, you can not return it, only they can do it. At least if the dvd is defective you can always contact Cathe and obtain a new one. Just a thought.

Terri

I bought one for $45 and it was not a copy (you can tell from the top of the DVD). But the other two I have I bought from here. Next time if it's so close to original price I'll buy here, for that- just in case.

When I first found Cathe, I was looking at the DVD's listed on ebay (I always check there for everything). You are right, there appears to be two people who do most of the selling. I too assumed they bought in bulk and resold.
Here is the interesting part: one of the sellers has been suspended from ebay and all the items removed. Wonder what happened???
Bobbi

There is some discussion of this at VF as well, and the name of the suspicious seller they're talking about is erendo727503.

Hope this helps!

Carol
:)

Holy cow!!!! I emailed this individual on the 11th (monday) and asked if their items were duplicates or straight from cathe. They responded promptly on tuesday and said their items were factory direct from cathe. It was then that i posted the original question on this board. This person sold ALOT of cathe! I will just skip on over to the other board and get the 411!. I feel better now that i did not order from them. Instead i purchased the new series coming out and some additional ones last night!
booboo

Well, after some investigating it seems that roughly 80% of the so called new and sealed CAthe DVD's are no longer on ebay. It seems they were reported by people over on the VF board :) Now this seller along with another one is gone. :D

Just a warning: A new seller on ebay is suspiciously much like the previous seller "erendo" that was shut down by ebay. Same instructions about payment, specifically the use of "should pay me" in the payment instruction area and they are both from the Bronx. The feedback has been positive for the old and new seller but as another person here mentioned, if something goes wrong w/your DVD purchase, at least purchasing through Cathe gives you some recourse.:7

As cathe would say "take it or leave it.:)

I totally agree. If something happens to the DVD, you're SOL if you buy it off Ebay.

"Now I know this sounds silly, but i feel like if I buy them from ebay that I am cheating on Cathe!"

You're not cheating on Cathe if you buy the DVD's off Ebay. I think it just depends on your buying preference. I know some people buy Cathe DVD's from Ebay because they don't want to purchase direct from SNM. I'd rather buy directly from Cathe.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/71856/kali3.gif[/img]http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/71856/kali4.gif[/img]
[font size=1]We must BE the change we wish to see.

Gandhi
[/font]

It is worth spending more to make sure it works. When I got PP/SS from Cathe, the first TWO DVD's were defective. SNM stood behind them and replaced them twice until I got one that works. Third times a charm.
Bobbi

As the saying goes: "if it's a deal too good to be true, it usually is." I can be cheap, but when it comes to Cathe, she's worth every penny. I don't trust Ebay. I don't care how good a deal it is. I refuse to get ripped off. I know a few people that have. So to me it's worth paying full price. Just my 2 cents worth.

I've bought literally hundreds of exercise DVD's & videos on Ebay, including some Cathes & I've only had a problem one time. And that seller refunded my money, so I guess you could say I've never had a problem.

Ruth:)

Well I can see why they were reported if they had screwed somebody over. But if they are just buying Cathe in bulk and then re-selling them, then that's their prerogative since they own the discs legitimately.
As usual it's buyer beware. And like someone said, if the disc is not working properly, then you will be out of luck in getting a replacement.
I am a seller and buyer on ebay. Usually if the deal seems too good to be true, then it is! I require a very positive profile from anyone I buy from on ebay. And they have to have been around awhile. If the person has messed people over, it will show up in negative feedback.
Also if you are buying legitimate original Cathe discs on ebay, then how is that cheating on her? The person selling on ebay paid Cathe! So Cathe received her required monies for said discs.
One thing I thought of concerning DVDs. When buying from ebay and you are in the U.S., make sure the disc is listed as playable on region 2 players. Otherwise you'll get a disc that is unplayable on your player unless it can handle all region formats...
Some sellers put this is very fine print in their ads....or not at all.
T.

:)

Also - I see nothing wrong in selling a DVD on Ebay if I view it and discover it's not for me. I haven't done this with my Cathe DVD's but I'm thinking of selling some other excercise DVD's on Ebay. Why keep it if it's not for you?
http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/71856/kali3.gif[/img]http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/71856/kali4.gif[/img]
[font size=1]We must BE the change we wish to see.

Gandhi
[/font]

I certainly did not mean to imply in any way that it is unethical to sell Cathe on Ebay. If a seller chooses to sell cathe that they purchased in bulk, well that is perfectly legit! Nothing wrong with making a buck! However, there is obviously a reason why this person was shut down. Of course it could be for non-payment of sellers fees or for any another reason. It was just a warning, not an invitation to have words put in my mouth/posting.

Boo,
I was responding to you stating that some VFers reported the seller of those Cathe DVDs. My point was that unless they did something wrong, they should not have been reported simply for re-selling Cathe DVDs that they had purchased before. If that's what the VFers did to that seller then that is simply wrong. There must have been some proof of wrongdoing, or some other issue, like you stated.
Obviously we don't know the whole story. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, just expanding from your original post and from what others in here posted underneath your post.
If I was the one who offended you then I apologize.
T. :)

T,
I am sorry for being such a sensitive nelly!;( I was somewhat moody yesterday for not working out and guilty because I ate so many chocolate covered biscottis. I understand your point and appreciate your thoughtfulness.
BooBoo

Boo...I LOVE bisciottis!!! I never once thought you were being overly sensitive. I just wanted apologize if I offended you.
T. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.