Kettlebell

vivbc

Cathlete
I would love a workout using kettlebells. It would allow me to change up my weight routine, and train for power. I think more explosive movements and less weight would be really interesting. Her article on fast-twitch muscles made me want this even more.

I so agree! Cathe does use some movements/exercises in her workouts where a kettlebell could be used making me think she borrowed the moves from kettlebell exercises. So she could make one. However, I think Cathe is cautious and wants to have some type of certification or specialized training before she offers a program. I think that was the case with all the requests for Yoga workouts - she had a few stretching DVDs and used yoga moves in her cool-downs before offering Yoga focused workouts in the Low Impact Series.

Several years ago I got hooked on Yvette Bachman’s free workouts on YouTube and it resulted in me buying a Bosu and kettlebells. Instead of traditional kettlebells, I bought a set from Hyperwear Sandbell. I have 2 kettlebell handles, a barbell pole and assorted soft sand filled weight plates. I like using the soft weight plate for those killer leg presses in muscle endurance because it’s more comfortable to hold. The Sandbell barbell is nice but you can’t change weight plates quickly, so that’s why I also have the Danskin barbell set, which I love.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.