Just receieved my Vitamix- fav recipes anyone

CathydsRNA

Cathlete
I am so excited. My Vitamix came in yesterday. I ordered the CIA series. It comes with two recipe books. I am going to juice some veggies today. Does anyone have a favorite smoothie, juice, soup or dip recipe they use with their Vitamix that they would like to share by replying to this thread. Thanks.
Cathy

I have a lot of smoothie recipes, a couple of soup recipes, and some other recipes posted on my blog here. All using the Vitamix in prep.

http://cathe.com/forum/blog.php?u=96654&blogcategoryid=28

I make a green smoothie almost every day, a pre-workout smoothie before 5ks and other races or before tough workouts, nut milks on a regular basis (almond/Brazil nut is my favorite, but the quickest--because it requires no soaking of the nuts--is cashew milk. I just made a cashew milk with a handful of raw cashews, 1/2 frozen banana--for sweetness and creaminess--a dash of salt and enough water to fill to quart level.) Nut milks last about 3 days, and will separate and need to be shaken before each use.

I usually soak and rinse all nuts and seeds except Brazil nuts, cashews, macademias, pine nuts and hemp seeds before using to remove enzyme inhibitors that make the nutrients in them less accessible. Big nuts like almonds are soaked overnight. Small seeds like sunflower seeds can be soaked for 20 minutes.

In the Vitamix recipe book I have, there is a recipe for something similar to V-8 that I have used as a soup in the past (tweaking the ingredients depending on what I have around).

By-the-by, you can't really "juice" with a Vitamix, unless you blend the veggies (or veggies and water, in the case of hard veggies like carrots) and strain the resultant mixture to remove the pulp.

HTH!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.