iTunes & CC's - techno challenged

Don't know much about the iPods and downloading as my DS loaded tunes onto my current iPod shuffle.

I have the CC's on my computer in files and do have a CD (that came with my Shuffle) to load iTunes onto my computer.

Question: I will be getting an iPod Nano and want to know if it will work for me to use the copy of iTunes software that I have onto my computer, copy the CC files into that iTunes software and then use the CC's later to burn onto a completely different iPod or an RCA MP3 player?

Hope that makes sense - TIA for your help. :)

Jacque: You don't actually need a CD of any kind to d/l iTunes. You can just do it from the website for free.

As long as you import the CC's into your iTunes library, there should be no problem transferring them to your new Nano. I'm not sure about the RCA MP3 player and whether it would be compatible with iTunes.

I hope that helps some!

Thanks Shelley - I remember my DS telling me that I could only download to my Shuffle from one computer and not from multiple computers. He used an ex-girlfriends father's computer so told me I couldn't now use my own computer.

That is where I was wondering if the software CD that came with the Shuffle was only to be used with my specific Shuffle (like the CD was programmed to a specific Serial # on the Shuffle). Guess that would be pretty technical, but I am still amazed that we can take a piece of paper and send it through telephone lines only for it to be printed out in a completely different location.

I am very visual and this doesn't work for my pea brain ! x(

Thanks again for the good news Shelley ! :+

Strictly speaking, that's true. You can't download from your iTunes library from a different computer unless you authorize that computer. For instance, when I got a new computer, I had to transfer everything to my new computer (it was fairly easy but there were a lot of steps). But if you're starting from scratch, then it shouldn't be a problem at all.

So if I can bug you again: I downloaded the CC's to my iTunes. Then I copied them to my Shuffle. When I "open" my Shuffle while plugged into the USB is shows the listing of the iTunes only and not the songs that are on it.

But then when I play the Shuffle, it plays only the songs previously downloaded and I can't find my CC's?

Maybe I need to go to bed and wake up on the other side of it? x(

I am usually not quite this dense when it comes to this type of thing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.