high step / firm fanny lifter ?

D

debra123

Hi Cathe

I currently do my workouts with the fanny lifter which is 14 inches. I was wondering if I should use a higher step to get a better workout for my legs? I have a clup step with 4 risers and I think the risers may fit under the fanny lifter. I am 5'9" so I am thinking for BETTER RESULTS I should be using a higher step any imput would be appreciated. I noticed on some of your workouts it looks like you use a very hi step. I sure could use your advice.

Thanks Cathe and have a good weekend:)

Deb:)

Hi Deb, I don't have the high step. I use the fanny lifter to substitute the high step and it works great.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

Thanks statfit. I thought beings I am tall it would work better being higher.How tall are you?

I just finished my workout. The new steamin cardio form the kickbutt series so nice to mix it in with Cathes.

I am so excited the sun is coming out so I may get to ride bikes with my husband later woo---hoo.

Have a great day stayfit!! enjoy your weekend

Deb:)

Hi Deb!

I'm not Cathe, but I thought I'd just say that at your height, depending on what sort of shape you are in, it might just be good to have the step a little higher.

I use the FIRM fanny lifter, too, but I'm only 5'4".

Hope you enjoy that sunshine.:7

Hi Karen Kay

I am in good shape. At 48 I feel better and healthier than 28. I do have more grey hair now though ugh,LOL. I just told my husband I am not leaving the house until I color it except for my bike ride but my helmet will cover it, LOL.

Sorry off topic I am just feeling happy. Life is good. I just am thankful for so many things in my life.

Deb:) :)

Hi Deb, unless there is a a newer Fanny Lifter, using the step risers will not work with a Fanny Lifter. You could hurt yourself. I have a fanny lfter & a Mini Step. Why don't you buy 1 or 2 extra risers for you step to increase the height. A nice 90 degree angle of your bent knee with your foot on on the step will be a good indication of what size you need.

This is the fanny lifter I'm talking about, unless as I said, there is a different one now.

http://www.mightymart.com/detailI.asp?prodID=3369

Marla

Hi Marla

that is the fanny lifter I have. I have the original club step for Cathe's step and 4 risers. Maybe I will order more risers and just the
topper and then when I do some of my favorite Firm tapes I will have a more stable high stepto use with them as well. You are right it wouldn't be safe.

Thanks Marla and everyone.

I just got back from a short 4 mile ride. I think we will go back out later

Deb:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

More risers and the topper is a great idea. A couple of months ago I converted to the highstep and am very pleased with it. Plus I can use the band with the new HCs! It also is so much more versitle. I go up to 16 in. like Cathe does for ME and when she does calf work on the step I don't have the tipping problem that I had with the purple portion of the fanny lifter. I had to put a 20# wt on it to keep it down.

~Reece Out~

Hi Deb!
I am 5'8" and use 5 risers. This is plenty enough for me. Any higher and it begins to put strain on my knee. I have never had knee problems and I don't want to start. I was using a chair for awhile at 17 inches and it was starting to kill my knee. Cathe sure doesn't lack in the leg press department.:eek:

So can you use the fanny lifter for Cathe's high step workouts? I have the fanny lifter but I just cannot buy another peice of equipment, we are running out of storage space!! :7 :(

I use the fanny lifter also. I get a good workout with it as well. I don't know if the high step offers more support but I have not had any problems with the fanny lifter.

You can use the fanny lifter for her workouts. The only reason I bought the high step is her HSTA dvd. I was afraid I'd fall or flip the step with all those moves.

Marla

Hi,

I am 6.0" and I am using the fanny lifter too and it works
great ,Maybe you can rise the weights.
I use more weights with legg press than Cathe.

Anja

If I use any equipment from the Firm, it's from the "old Firm". I don't trust GT and their flimsy gadgets. I still use the 14" wooden step box when I do leg presses, either Cathe's or the Firm. I've had it for at least 10 years so right there that tells you how durable it is. I also have had the original club step, the same one Cathe uses in her videos for even longer than that.

I had the Fanny Lifter for about 2 weeks before the purple portion cracked and Collage replaced it, so although you feel the risers may fit under your fanny lifter, I personally wouldn't try that because GT says to not use their products with non-Firm workouts. The risers were meant to be used with the high step or the club step but not the fanny lifter. Just my honest opinion, that's all.

I attempted to use the Fanny Lifter with the High Step Circuit video and it did not work too well with the jumps and so forth - it flopped up onto me twice, cutting my leg - OUCH! x( I ordered The High Step Topper so that I can use this video again, because it is a fun video! :D

Hi Deb,

I am also a fitness professional and wanted to put in my 2 cents regarding your question. I have also tried both the Fanny Lifter and the High Step. Both provide the same height and can be used for your workouts (Cathe, The Firm, or otherwise). However, I would just like to stress the importance of choosing the appropriate tool that works for your body type. Personally, I have a very muscular frame and am 5'8" tall.

I had alot of trouble using the fanny lifter because it would often times tip over and prove to be unsturdy for my frame. I find the High Step to provide a much more stable base than the Fanny Lifter, and I also do not have the problems with the unit tipping over, regardless of whether I am performing standing or seated exercises. Granted, the tipping is probably due to incorrect stepping behavior during moments of fatigue, but we are all prone to those moments and should never compromise safety. I am also able to use my high step for seated bicep curls, overhead tricep extensions, etc, and it can contain my body weight easily in the seated position.

I hope this helps you make an informed decision. I wound up giving my Fanny Lifter to another fitness fan, and it works well for her.

Your friend in fitness,
FitGirl-ATX
"I am only competing with the me I have yet to be..." :)

>Hi Deb,
>
>I am also a fitness professional and wanted to put in my 2
>cents regarding your question. I have also tried both the
>Fanny Lifter and the High Step. Both provide the same height
>and can be used for your workouts (Cathe, The Firm, or
>otherwise). However, I would just like to stress the
>importance of choosing the appropriate tool that works for
>your body type. Personally, I have a very muscular frame and
>am 5'8" tall.
>
>I had alot of trouble using the fanny lifter because it would
>often times tip over and prove to be unsturdy for my frame. I
>find the High Step to provide a much more stable base than the
>Fanny Lifter, and I also do not have the problems with the
>unit tipping over, regardless of whether I am performing
>standing or seated exercises. Granted, the tipping is
>probably due to incorrect stepping behavior during moments of
>fatigue, but we are all prone to those moments and should
>never compromise safety. I am also able to use my high step
>for seated bicep curls, overhead tricep extensions, etc, and
>it can contain my body weight easily in the seated position.
>
>I hope this helps you make an informed decision. I wound up
>giving my Fanny Lifter to another fitness fan, and it works
>well for her.
>
>Your friend in fitness,
>FitGirl-ATX
>"I am only competing with the me I have yet to be..." :)

It does help me and I am ordering the high step in the nwext few days (payday) thanks and have a great evening. I can't wait.

Deb
:) :) :D

Amy, I ordered the High Step from all around fitness this weekend and they charged me $10 for shipping, I'm in New York? Why would it be cheaper to go cross country, then SF bay area? That company is based out of California. That makes me curious.
~Carolyn~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.