Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2024

Today I took the pup for a 1 hour walk, traveled 3.2 miles and burned 482 calories.

Debbie, I have yet to do the workout that you did today, great job on the weights! I am going to order some of these workouts on DVD so I can have the premixes as well.

I hope you all have a great day.

Reactions: WD
Hi,

Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes. I had an amazing few day‘s with my family.

Today I started Sydney C. Day 1 of Summertime Fine 30 Minute Full Body At-Home Endurance Workout | ALL FITNESS LEVELS | Build Muscle + Burn Fat. Great workout.

We are taking off tomorrow with the RV and will come back before the 14th. RV is packed and ready to go.

I probably will do Summertime Fine D2 before I leave tomorrow. Great job on your workouts everyone, I will try to catch up tomorrow if I have enough time.

I am not sure if I mentioned that I am going to try and follow the 8 week STS rotation so we'll see. Yesterday's was the first in the cycle. Today was an active recovery workout so I did RAW Kickbox NRG & RAW Boxing Finisher. Had a great, sweaty workout! Love these two workouts. I used my 1.5# egg weights.

Workout total time was 50 minutes, burned 429 calories, did 4744 steps and HR was 134/176.

Jolie - I really liked the Giant Sets workout and if I get started early enough, I can do them in their entirety. Great job on your 1 hour walk yesterday.

Belinda - Have fun in your new RV!! I'm sure you will! And it seems you have Wifi in the RV too because you post your workouts. That is so cool!

Roselyn - Are you doing the new STS 2.0 workouts?

Have a great day everyone!

Today I had a great workout. I did STS Upper Body #1 and went up in weight with some of the exercises. I am getting stronger while doing these workouts. I am back to 20# DB's for seated overhead shoulder presses, 20's for bicep curls, 17's for lying triceps extensions, 25's for chest press and 30# DB for 1 arm rows. It has taken me a lot of time to get this strength back after all of my injuries, but I am finally there, and it feels great! Total workout time was 1 hour and 15 minutes and I burned 495 calories. Oh, I added in STS medicine ball abs at the end of the workout and loved it. This AB workout is from the original STS series. I really need to get some cardio in but i do not have the energy right now. I am not eating well due to stress, and it is affecting my strength and endurance. I seem to be just snacking and it isn't usually a good choice for me. I need to cut up some veggies and make some dip or some hummus to get in some better foods. A whole meal sounds so bad to me right now.

Debbie, great job with the workout on your active recovery day. I like these workouts but with some I add on additional sets because I really want to hit the muscles good.

Belinda, have a wonderful time in your RV and great job on the workout. Thanks for the link!

Roselyn, great job on the workout. Are you doing STS the original?

Have a wonderful day.

No workout Saturday and Sunday. I was not feeling well. This morning, I did CDorner Step Hiit 28 minutes, 140 calories, heart rate 129/152. I then did CDorner Day 5 of her workout challenge she is doing Mobility/Flexibility-rest and restore 28 minutes, 58 calories. I wanted to get some movement in, but not much time for a longer workout. Whole Foods showed up with my order in the middle of the mobility. Total time was 58 minutes, 198 calories. Hopefully I can get in a weight workout tomorrow.

Debbie, the 8 week rotation is how I started out with STS 2 which was a good way to go through them and make all of my notes on them. Nice work on Raw Kickbox NRG and Raw Boxing Finisher.

Belinda, nice work on Sydney Day 1 Full Body endurance workout yesterday. I hope you got in day 2 today. Have a great trip.

Jolie, great job on STS 2 Upper Body#1 and your weight increases and the Med Ball ab work. Maybe the body part workouts would help you feel like you get enough work. You do not have the dvds, but if you ever get them you will have some bonuses and mixes that do two body parts a day.

Roselyn, nice work on STS 2 legs today.

Evening,

We arrived at Solomon islands early afternoon. We had little problem getting the Generator for the refrigerator to work this morning. It‘s all good now. The camp ground is very nice and huge.

Debbie - thank you. We try to get full hook up at the camp grounds which included WiFi. Gotta love technology. Have fun with the STS 2.0 rotations.

Jolie - thank you. You are welcome for the link. Great job on your UB workout,

Diane - thank you. It‘s very pretty here as far as I can tell. Nice job on Chris workouts. Nice mix.

Good night.

This morning I did STS 2 Super Sets Total Body and had an excellent workout. I'm a bit worried, though, because I have some issues going on with my upper left back again right in the shoulder blade. Not sure what the heck is going on. I will heat it up this evening.

Supersets done 3x's through. 8 reps for everything

SS #1
Squats: 20's
Deadlifts: 45#
3x's

SS #2
Incline Chest Press: 25's
Barbell Overhand Grip Row: 40#
3x's

SS #3
Kneeling Sweeper Curls: 15's (1); 20's (2) - I did them standing
Incline Lying Triceps Extensions: 12's
3x's

SS #4
Shrugs: 15's
Calf Raises: 20's
3x's

SS #5
Alternating Sumo Squats: 15#
Alternating Cross Back Lunges: 15's
3x's

SS #6
Incline Chest Fly: 20's
Barbell Underhand Grip Row: 45#
3x's

SS #7
Hammer Curls: 15's
Single Arm Kickbacks w/Loop Band: 10# (1); 8# (2) (no loop band)
3x's

SS #8
Single Arm Lateral Raise: 8's (2); 5's (1)
Double Arm Thumb to Thumb Rear Delt Fly: 5's (1 set only)
3x's (This is where my upper back was feeling it. I only did 1 set of the fly and lightened the weights for the lateral raise)

Good, sweaty workout. Total time was 60 minutes, burned 386 calories, HR was 117/161.

Jolie - Nice workout yesterday with the upper body workout. I doubt I will ever be able to use 20's for overhead presses again. I can't believe at one time I was up to 30's with that exercises. Something is definitely up with my rotator cuff I think. I'm happy to see you lifting so heavy again.

Roselyn - I started the 8 week rotation this past Monday. So I've only done the Giant Sets and now the Super Sets one so far. I will do the mobility workout tomorrow. Be cool if we could do this rotation together!

Diane - I agree, I figured the 8 week plan is the one I want to start with. I can't wait to do the one body part workouts. I need to do either a yoga or mobility workout tomorrow for sure. My body is already really tight after doing two of the workouts.

Belinda - Where is Solomon Island? Sounds like heaven! Have fun and enjoy the relaxation! Do you guys fish or anything?

Roxie - Where are you?

Have a great day everyone!!

Hi,

DH and I took a nice long walk to the Marina and around the camp ground. I also did D3 Summertime 40 min lower body and glutes.

Debbie - it’s in Maryland. We needed to stay close due to my upcoming appointments. It’s very beautiful here and sunny. We don’t fish, they do have fishing. We are going to explore Solomon islands today. Great job on your SS TB today.

Have a great day and workout.

Good Afternoon,

Sorry I haven’t posted not really in the right frame of mind mentally or physically but I don’t want to unload everything on you ladies. Hoping things will improve

Today I did Step Boss PHA 3, 66 minutes, heart rate 110/141, 230 calories and added the bonus lying extended stretch, 10 minutes, 20 calories. Total time 76 minutes, 250 calories. I chose this because it was lighter weight and I forgot how intense it really is. Still not feeling that well. Last time I did this was 4 years ago.

PHA 3 step with 2 risers, 5,10,12,&15lb dumbbells
alternating rear lunges using step 10# dbs
arnold press 12/10# dbs (too fast for me with 12's)
hop squat rear lunges 12# db
biceps curls 12# dbs variations of single/full/and halfway
push dips using step platform 12# dbs
pull over/chest fly pulses 12# dbs
rear slide lunges R/L using the step platform 12# dbs(I did this without the platform as I had to do it in the hall)
gliding discs slide back push up to stand

alternating rear lunges using step 12# dbs
Arnold press 12/10# dbs (too fast for me with 12's)
hop squat rear lunges 12# db
biceps curls 12# dbs variations of single/full/and halfway
push dips using step platform 12# dbs
pull over/chest fly pulses 12# dbs
rear slide lunges R/L using the step platform 12# dbs(I did this without the platform as I had to do it in the hall)
gliding discs slide back push up to stand

Squat cross over lunge(step platform) 15# db 12 reps
one arm row in plank(step) 15# db 12 reps
front to back lunges 12# dbs (platform)
front side lateral raises 5# dbs
sumo squat deadlift 15# dbs
6 push ups/10 dips 4 sets

Squat cross over lunge(step platform) 15# db 12 reps
one arm row in plank(step) 15# db 12 reps
front to back lunges 12# dbs (platform)
front side lateral raises 5# dbs
sumo squat deadlift 15# dbs
6 push ups/10 dips 4 sets

Belinda, I remember trying to figure some things out with our trailer when we first got it. They showed us everything, but there is so much to remember. I am glad you got the problem worked out. It is nice to find a park that has wifi. Nice that you got in a walk around the marina and day 3 yesterday.

Debbie, nice work on STS 2 Super Sets today. I remember the first week I did at the start, when I got through with Total Body Trisets after the Giant and Supersets, I was extremely sore. I found getting in some stretching every day helped a lot going forward.

Roxie, I hope things get better for you.

This morning I needed to get a good stretch in, I was actually in pain yesterday, which isn't good. I used my body buddy on my shoulder blade area and worked out some knots, which seemed to be many. I then put a hot bean bag on it and it feels much better today but I can tell it's still there.

I walked on my treadmill for 24 minutes, burned 212 calories, did 1.19 miles and went 2805 steps, HR was 131/166.

Then I did Cathe's STS 2 Total Body Stretch. This was 24 minutes and was pretty good. I wish she'd hold stretches for a bit longer. Yoga was on tap but I didn't think that would be a good idea since my upper back is so messed up again. It was hard enough to do the down dogs in the stretch workout.

I'm so bummed this is happening again and I can't even blame Cathe for this. It started way before I started STS. Actually, it happened on a weekend when I thought I slept wrong. So who knows. I will attempt to do Tri sets tomorrow but I may be going very light with the workout.

Diane - Yes, I think I will have to stretch a lot doing this rotation if I can even get through it. We will see. Great job on your PHA workout!

Roselyn - Friday I am scheduled to do Total Body Tri Sets. I'm a big hesitant on doing it because my body is so tight again. But I'm hoping I can squeak it out. I may have to go light with the weights.

Roxie - Hope you are ok. If it helps to vent - feel free! We are good listeners.

Belinda - Hope you are enjoying yourself! Great job on your workout!

Have a great day everyone!

Yesterday I took the pup for a 3 mile walk. Today I did STS Disc #13, Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and had an excellent workout. I love these so and heavy workouts again, and I love my results! Next, I did Kelly's RAW 15 minute boxing finisher with 2# egg weights and it felt good to box again. Total workout time was 1 hour and 18 minutes and I burned 541 calories. If I do STS a few times per week I can add on one of the RAW workouts for cardio at the end for an extra calorie burn. Her boxing ones are not very long in length so I could add one on if time allows.

Debbie, I slept weird too and my collarbone is killing me. If you have red light therapy, use it, it works great. I got mine on amazon. I am sorry you are feeling pain in the shoulder area again. My left arm has some pain when I do Chest Presses, I will have my chiro adjust it the next time I go. Maybe just do some leg workout tomorrow and give yourself the weekend off and let's see how it is on Monday. Nice job with the stretch today.

Belinda, way to go on getting in a workout while you are traveling in the RV! WE used to camp a lot and I used to kickbox in the camp site. People would come up and ask if they could join in, it was a lot of fun.

Diane Sue, great job on the PHA workout, those are tuff stuff!

Roselyn, nice job on the upper body workout and have fun with the STS rotation!

Roxie, you can unload on us anytime, that is what friends are for. I have done my fair share over the years and it sometimes helps to get it out. Just a thought.

Make it a great day.

Good Afternoon,

I went for a 1.37 mile walk it was all could handle. So my left hip has been bothering me for quite a while not when I am working out just when I sit and then try to get up plus it hurts in bed, I don’t know if it’s the joint or a muscle. Everything makes me angry right now my DH is irritating me he went to the doctor Monday didn’t even tell me he had something wrong, my dog is a royal pain in the ass and I can’t make it to as many ballgames as I want I want to be closer to my grandkids I have moved 12 times for my DH and he isn’t in the military and I never got a say in any of the moves. Sorry I know this is long but I appreciate you ladies.

Evening,

Today is a rest day from Summertime. DH and I took a nice long walk to the Marina and back. Beautiful walk and not to hot outside.

Diane - the new RV’s are all computerized. We have panels through the RV for different things. The RV came with a book bigger than when we bought out house, lol. So much to learn. I think once we learn everything it will be a breeze. Most RV parks with full hook ups have free WiFi these day’s.

Debbie - sorry about your pain. I hope you feel better soon. we having a blast. Today we at lunch at the Marina. It was so nice. Afterwards we took a nice walk with Sadie. It was suppose to rain. We had beautiful weather. We found a few states parks we want to visit. There is a mother day’s festival/wine fest on Saturday. I rather visit a state park.

Jolie - how cool is that. I would have joined your kickboxing too. Great job on D3 and walk today.

Roselyn - great job on your workout.

Roxie - great job on your walk.

Good night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.