Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2024

I was not feeling a workout because I am tired, so did Raw Fine-Tuning workout today. She uses 5# dumbbells and she add ankle weights but says you do not need them. This worked things like rotator cuff, scapular area, and core with balance. This was supposed to be 36 minutes, but buffered and I ended up with 43 minutes, 115 calories, heart rate 93/123. That is all I did as I am tired. I may go back and do some yoga or stretching since I did not have time as I needed to fix food for my husband since he went in to work early. Also got the bananas and cottage cheese that I had to reorder since Walmart messed up. Not sure how they mixed up 2 bananas and gave me 2 onions.

Raw Fine Tuning
7 moves in the round then repeat 5# dumbbells and optional ankle weights to increase intensity.
Focuses on minor muscle groups to pre for heavier lifting. Work is slow with concentration on form.
36 minutes
1. lateral raise/scarecrow 5# dumbbells
2. balance shin block right/ then all left
3. kickback/bent over scap squeeze
4. leg lift behind/curl/release (balance)right then repeat all left
5. pulldown/scap squeeze/pec dec
6. standing hands behind head leg lift front reach right then repeat left
7. squat/reach forward arrow pull right then repeat on left
repeat another round

Debbie, great job on Raw Ignite Your Metabolism. I have only done that one once. I was sore the day after. It is a good workout. The problem with bone spurs is they can tear tendons and also if they break off or chip fragments can get stuck in the knee joint and cause it to lock and/or pain. My doctor mentioned this, and I already knew. I often wonder if that is what happened a year or so ago when my knee caught and the pain was excruciating. I had to work through the pain and being stuck to get off the floor. The first time I went through the pain and trying to massage it and stand on it. The second time I did better at getting out of it and straightening my leg. The third time I got the leg extended and pushed down on it right away and it popped into place and pain stopped. I have not had it happen again since.

Jolie, nice work on the walk today. I kind of felt like I could be coming down with something today. I am headed to bed early tonight. No staying up till 1 am. I have to get up early for my field vision test and stop at the vet for heart worm med since I will be in the area.

Roxie, nice work getting on the treadmill today. Grandchildren are so much fun. I still have 3 young grandchildren in school.

Belinda, I bet it is fun setting everything up in your RV. Oxalates can bind to calcium and some other minerals and slow the amount you absorb. My chart has spinach way high in oxalates at 656 mg in a cup. Tofu has 235 mg in 3 oz, almonds have 122 mg in 22 kernels. Just some examples of the high end. Comparison would be kale only has 2 mg in a cup. With osteoarthritis it is best to keep the oxalates down. a lot of healthy people do not have a problem with oxalates.

This morning I did RAW Heavy Bag & Heavy Weights. Fun workout, I really enjoyed it!! I used my stationary bag and went pretty heavy with the weights. Had a great workout.

This was 37 minutes, 45 seconds on/15 seconds off. It has good 80's music in it. The boxing was controlled, not really frantic. Only one section is where she does some fast hitting.

Jab/Jab
Dumbbell Curls/Arnold Press: 15's
Jab/Cross/Jab
Dumbbell Curls/Arnold Press: 15's

3 Crosses/Duck
Deadlifts: 20's
1 Cross/Duck
Deadlifts: 20's

Hook/Cross/Hook/Twist
Scap Squeeze W's: 8's
Fast Hook/Cross
Scap Squeeze W's: 8's

6 Fast Jabs
Hip Thrust w/Barbell: (I did squats) - 15's
3 Fast Jabs
Hip Thrust w/Barbell: (I did squats) - 20's

Jab/Cross/Back Hook
Close Grip Bench to Lying Extensions: (I just did CGBP) - 15's
Cross/Hook
Close Grip Bench to Lying Extensions: (I just did Bench Press) - 20's

Then I got on my treadmill and did 25 minutes which was 1.2 miles. Total workout time was 1 hr. 11 minutes, burned 439 calories. Have no clue what my HR was because my battery was dead in my Garmin and although it clocked the whole workout, it didn't save it. WTH?? I charged it after the workout to see if I could get it to save the workout but it wouldn't do anything. I had to force shut it down and restart it so when I did it lost the workout. I guess I should have paid more attention to the charge, it was at 20% when I started my workout. Oh well.

Jolie - Hope you are feeling better today. We have had days and days of rain, I'm so sick of it. Glad I didn't have many plans for my spring break, it would have been miserable. I keep thinking I've gained weights and yes, I've gained like 2 lbs. but it looks like 10 around my middle. What is happening? Stupid menopause. :confused:

Roxie - Great job getting off the couch!! You guys sure are busy with your grandsons. I'm sure you are loving it, though!

Belinda - I also still make vegan meals since I love them. I just made the egg rolls yesterday. Love those! I also found a vegan sweet and sour sauce recipe to go on them. Very good!

Diane - I watched the Fine Tune workout last night, looks like a good one. I might try it on a day I don't feel like going nuts. Today's workout that I did was fun, I really liked it. Ouch on the knee, I remember when you told us about your knee locking up. That must have been horrible. I've never had that happen before. Hope things get better for you.

Well all, have a great weekend! I have Monday off for the total eclipse we will be experiencing here in northern Ohio. It's supposed to be cloudy and raining though, so I doubt we will see much of anything. Stupid weather.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

D4 Lean Arms & strong Abs AMRAP = 41 min is done. My abs are still sore from 2 day‘s ago. I a way she incorporates abs into the workout. This way they will get done. So far, I am liking the workouts.

Debbie - it‘s all about balance. I honestly didn‘t see any cure from eating only vegan. I feel better eating a variety of foods. Your sweet and sour sauce sounds delicious. Can you please share it :) Have you heard of Plant You? I bought her book a while back, she has some really good recipes https://www.amazon.com/PlantYou-Rid...-Based-ebook/dp/B093ZQ5WTL?ref_=ast_author_dp everything I made is delicious and simple to make.

Diane - yes, it‘s fun setting things up in the RV. I am trying not too overpack it with unnecessary stuff. I only pack what I need. Thanks for explaining about oxatates. That’s probably whyIt didn’t border me when I was original diagnoses with osteoarthritis. Now they believe my arthritis comes from RP. I am tapering down with prednisone, my right knee is starting to border me again. It didn‘t when I was on a very high does. I felt so good, I could go for a run.I hope things get better for you.

BBL

Today and tomorrow are my two rest days for the week. I have a head cold so I think that I will take the two days off so I do not get really sick like my youngest son is right now. He sounds like he has what Debbie had a few weeks ago. Rainy and cold here today, I was freezing walking my dog this morning even with a huge coat and gloves on.

Have a great day.

No workout today. I did my field vision test and errands then lunch with my husband.

Debbie, that workout looks good and I know the music sounds good as I have watched some of it. I am looking forward to doing it. I hate it when things do not go right with my devices. It is supposed to be cloudy here for the eclipse so we probably will not see it either.

Belinda, nice job today on D4 Lean Arms & strong Abs AMRAP. These autoimmune diseases seem to cause a lot of other things. I get tested for bone density routinely and am losing it so I cannot eat things that causes me to lose more. I am sorry tapering down on the prednisone is causing the pain to return. So many meds cannot be taken long term without causing other health problems.

Jolie, enjoy your rest days and get some rest so you do not get sick.

Glutes and Abs D5 is done.

Diane - yes, autoimmune diseases seem to cause a lot. Of other things. I had my bone density test done not to long ago, everything looks normal. Sorry your bone density test isn’t good. Glad you take precaution.Totally agree, many Ned’s cannot be taking long term without causing other health problems. Sometimes you don‘t have a choice but to take it.

Today I did Raw Real Raw Box and Pump 2 which is boxing and upper body weights, 42 minutes, heart rate 125/150, 198 calories, 2,250 steps. I finished with CDorner Mobility challenge day 3 lower body stretch and day 24 neck and upper back mobility, 29 minutes, 45 calories. Total time was 71 minutes, 243 calories. I cannot find Box and Pump on my raw documents. I do have it in my notebook, but don't feel like dragging it out right now to post my workout. I love this workout. Fast boxing and good music along with weights. Hits everything.

Belinda, nice work on Glutes and Abs Day 5 today. I agree, there is a time when the only option is the last resort.

This morning I did RAW Box a Better Waistline which was a really good workout for the abs. I wore my 3# ankle weights and used 15# dumbbell for one exercise. She uses the 15# dumbbell for one other exercise where you hold it over your head while doing a knee lift. No thank you. I just did the knee lift and concentrated on squeezing really good.

I also walked on my treadmill for 30 minutes and went 1.38 miles.

Total workout was 62 minutes, burned 544 calories, did 4667 steps and HR was 134/158.

Going to get ready for the total eclipse! Can't wait!! Have a great day everyone!!!

I forgot to check in yesterday. I was still not feeling well, I have had the stomach flu and it has zapped my energy big time. Yesterday I went for a 3.3 mile walk with the pup, 1 hour and 5 minutes and burned 552 calories. Today I am feeling a bit better so I did CL #163 Buff Upper Body and it has an intense AB section at the end that darn near killed me! My ABS are weak! Total workout time was 1 hour and I burned 424 calories. I liked this workout but it was really tuff because she starts with Biceps and once my Biceps were fried, it was hard to do the other exercises without dropping down in weight. It is amazing how much the Bicep does in every body part exercise.

I do not think we will be seeing the eclipse here in CA. I do not even know what time I should look for it. I have to watch the news and get some info on it.

Debbie, fantastic workout today. I have not done that workout, I need to since my ABS are lacking... I bet you will see the eclipse good where you are located. All of you in the mid west should be able to see it I am told.

Daine Sue, I hope you are feeling well today. How is your knee?

Nice job on the workouts over the weekend everyone!

Good Afternoon,

I did a 50 minute 2.42 mile walk on the treadmill. We watched the eclipse at work but it never got dark here.

This morning, I did Raw Heavy Bag Heavy Weights, 39 minutes, heart rate 112/158, 162 calories followed by Raw TBTS strength abs, 16 minutes, 43 calories. I ended with CDorner day 8 mobility challenge full body, 14 minutes, 18 calories. Total time 69 minutes, 223 calories.

Raw Heavy Bag Heavy Weights

Jab/Jab
Dumbbell Curls/Arnold Press 12# dumbbells
Jab/Cross/Jab
Dumbbell Curls/Arnold Press 15# dumbbells

3 Crosses/Duck
Deadlifts 20# dumbbells
1 Cross/Duck
Deadlifts 20# dumbbells

Hook/Cross/Hook/Twist
Scap Squeeze W's 10# dumbbells
Fast Hook/Cross
Scap Squeeze W's 10# dumbbells

6 Fast Jabs
Hip Thrust w/Barbell and bench 35# barbell
3 Fast Jabs
Hip Thrust w/Barbell and bench 35# barbell

Jab/Cross/Back Hook
Close Grip Bench to Lying Extensions 15# dumbbells
Cross/Hook
Close Grip Bench to Lying Extensions 12# dumbbells

Debbie, nice work on the Box a Better waistline and treadmill today. Great calorie burn. I noticed it getting dark when I was doing my stretch. I thought it was getting ready to storm till my husband turned on the tv and said something about the eclipse.

Jolie, good job getting in the walk with your dog yesterday even though you were not feeling well and today getting in CL #163 Buff Upper Body. I hope you get over the flu and feel better soon. I keep feeling like I might be coming down with something myself. I felt awful yesterday and kept nodding off. My husband took me out to Chilis when he got up.

Roxie, nice work on the treadmill walk today.

Hi,

Day 6 full body is done.Lots of abs.

I don‘t know if I mention it, my upper lingual retainers, broke on Friday. I just got it when I was done with Invisalign. Today I had to get another lingual retainer put on the top. I was suppose to get a teeth whiting today. Now I have to wait a few weeks to make sure the lingual trainer stay on.

Roselyn - great job on your full body trisets today. Enjoy your vacation.

Diane - great job on your heavy weights today.

Roxie - great job on your walk today.

Debbie - nicely done on your workout today.

Jolie - we didn‘t see the eclipse. It was only partial in some areas. Oh well, I have to wait until 2048 I think.

Good night.

The eclipse was so awesome, OMG. We had total darkness here for 4 minutes. It was quite amazing to witness. I am also back to work today and so busy I can't even think straight.

This morning I did RAW Upper Body & Abs and had an excellent workout. I really like this one!! It was tough and I went heavy with most exercises.

45 seconds on/15 seconds off

Seated Overhead Press: 15's
Russian Twist: 8#
Repeat

Seated Preacher Curls (I did Hammer Curls w/Twist): 20's
Weighted Situps: 12#
Repeat

Kickbacks: 10's
Standing Side to Side Oblique Pulls: 10's
Repeat

Seated Rows: 15's
Planks
Repeat

Close Grip Press to Fly: 17.5's
Reverse Crunch
Repeat

Finisher:
Standing Shoulder Press: 12's
Dumbbell Curls: 15's
Kickbacks: 10's
Double Arm Rows: 15's
Bench Press: 20's

I also walked on my treadmill for .75 miles. Total workout time was 51 minutes, burned 278 calories, did 2013 steps and HR was 103/132.

No time for personals but great job with your workouts!! Jolie, I hope you are feeling better!

Today I started with CDorner Basic step, #37 and stopped at 10 minutes because I was staying at 98 heart rate and bored with it so moved on to Step # 341 which was 21 minutes, so total 31 minutes, heart rate 118/153, 147 calories. I then did Raw Boxing finisher 17 minutes, heart rate 105/120, 68 calories. I finished off with STS 2 Mat Yoga, 23 minutes, 40 calories. Total time was 71 minutes, 255 calories, 3,652 steps. I stopped once and rebooted my Garmin because my heart rate was so low. After all of the workout it popped up an update. Hopefully it does better next workout. My scale finally decided today that I was really not 5.5 % body fat and am back to 18%. I had gone through the settings for the scale last night and tried weighing and it was still off, so no clue why it went back to where is is normally. Technology is such a pain sometimes. Maybe it is because I was searching the Withings website for a solution and it just magically righted itself. The app was not working when we were in the cabin and had no internet other than Data. It probably through something off although I did not have the scale with me.
I did fine with the step and did some on the floor. Hopefully tomorrow I get in some sort of weight work as Thursday I will be getting up early for my arthritis appointment so no workout. I did CDorner's mobility workout she put up today this evening. It was more mobility and working through moves. A lot of on knees and checking to see if you can get in yogi squat better. I pile my mats for kneeling. Some was uncomfortable so I just did something else. There is some good moves in there. The last I could not do as she crossed her legs and got up off the floor turned clear around to have the legs crossed the other way and sat back down. Nope, not happening. This was 28 minutes, 54 calories. Not so relaxing before bed.

Belinda, good job on Day 7 Upper Body today.

Debbie, nice work on the Raw Upper Body and Abs. I like that one a lot too. That is cool that you had total darkness with the eclipse.

Last edited:
Yesterday I took the pup for a 4 mile walk, 1 hour 18 minutes and burned 549 calories. Today I took the pup for another walk, 5.1 miles, 1 hour and 46 minutes and I burned 688 calories. My husband has been having work meetings early this week so he does not have time to help with the pup the last few days. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to lift some weights in the gym, I think he will be able to walk the dog for me.

Debbie, great job with the workout today. It is almost warm enough for me to get back into the gym with my cardio equipment so I can do the R & R workouts. I need to start boxing again but it started to bother my collarbone a bit so I am taking some time away for doing it and it has helped.

Diane Sue, great job with the boxing and step workout! I love the step but do not have a lot of room to do it till I get back out in my gymroom when the weather warms up a bit more.

Belinda, sorry to hear about your retainer breaking, those things are expensive. What is D7 upper body?

Roselyn, have fun in Key West you lucky dog!!!

Enjoy the day.

This morning I did RAW Box & Pump 2 and had a great workout. I was really sluggish this morning, though, and I'm still really tired. I guess getting up at 4:30 again is something I need to get used to. Hate it.

Anyways, this was the workout:

Boxing Drill - 1.5# Egg Weights
Squat Rows: 15's - 16 reps
Run Rows: 8's - lots of reps

Boxing Drill - 1.5# Egg Weights
Overhead Press: 12's - 16 reps
Connected Front/Side Raise: 8's

Boxing Drill - 1.5# Egg weights
Overhead Triceps Extension: 15#
Run Kickbacks: 5's

Boxing Drill - 1.5# Egg weights
Chest Flies: 15's - 16 slow reps
Run Press: 8's - lots of reps
Ab work: 5's
Hammer Curls: 15's - 16 reps
Run Curls: 8's - lots of reps

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 390 calories, did 3361 steps and HR was 146/181. HR seems a bit high, I really don't think I pushed that hard.

Diane - Weird on your Garmin, mine has been acting funny and it did another update last night. Why so many updates? I am very careful when I kneel. If I do, I have a soft pillow I use in my workout room for things like childs pose or anything else like that. It has helped. How is your knee doing? Is it getting better?

Jolie - Dang girl, you really walk a lot. Nice that you can do that. Sorry to hear the boxing workouts irritated your collarbone. Will that ever get better for you?

Belinda - Sorry to hear about your retainer. How frustrating.

Roselyn - Hope you have a great time and stay safe!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.